TX - Mikayla Mitchell, 17, found floating in creek, Dallas, 16 Jul 2017

:welcome6: to Websleuths, Linzberry and Sayuri !! We're glad you're here!! :cheer::cheer:

I still think it's odd that she listed her current city as NYC.

I wonder if she ran I to some bad people in that trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still think it's odd that she listed her current city as NYC.

I wonder if she ran I to some bad people in that trip.

I have a niece that same age that is constantly posting her location as places that she wants to visit...NYC, Tokyo, Paris, etc. I couldn't find anything that indicated Mikayla had any ties to NY or had spent any time there recently.
Also, I think the news article got quite a bit wrong about ..well, virtually everything they reported. It will be interesting to see what the police end up releasing.

After digging around a bit....I think the person she was talking to deactivated his account.

or deactivated their fb entirely.

I think you're right. After digging around I think certain FB friends may know who that person is. A lot of people could've seen who she was replying to before that account was deactivated. I'm just hoping that person had a "real account" beforehand.

I started the other one, not realizing there was already a thread. It does not give me the option to delete. I would assume the conversation should continue on this one as there are no replies on the other thread yet.

Yep, been there, done that. No biggie. I'm just glad we've got a thread. This is yet another sad one. And this one may be a tuffie. Hoping somebody, somewhere saw something and will talk about it.

Okay -- here's a question --

Was the crime committed in/near the area where she was found, or was she killed elsewhere & dumped? I would think that the LE investigators would be able to determine that -- and you don't just dismember someone in an outside place, IMO. Lots to investigate. SMH.

Okay -- here's a question --

Was the crime committed in/near the area where she was found, or was she killed elsewhere & dumped? I would think that the LE investigators would be able to determine that -- and you don't just dismember someone in an outside place, IMO. Lots to investigate. SMH.
The family is adamant that her being dismembered is NOT true. This has apparently been spoken by a family "friend" to the media. Mikayla's sister posted a fb live video saying it was not true, that the family "friend" does not have any info on cause of death and neither does the family. She goes on to say that this "friend" really doesn't know her all that well...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WHY? Why kill such a beautiful young person? Is the whole world just insane?

Sorry @borndem if my post came across snippy. Was not my intention, multi-tasking with hungry children yelling at me to feed them ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The 1st quote from the friend, sounds as though, they may have had "demons" that was a part of their friendship. The friend may have pulled away in that relationship and the demon kept pulling at this young lady. She called him for a ride/help and he wouldn't come. Maybe because he didn't want to get caught up in something, but now feels guilt for dropping their tight bond. The close friends, I feel will be able to shed light, on things going on.

I also wonder about the step-father. Not that he did it. Reading through the moms page, there was a post against the news reports on her husband. There are two people very vocal about it. One in particular (CB) was REALLY vocal until some research was done on her background. She went as far as saying the wife was delusional. If others felt so strongly against this Dr. Maybe they could have become, unhinged emotionally and took it out on the daughter. However; it would be a long shot in my opinion, someone connected to him, would be able to get to her. Unless it was a partner, whom she may have trusted enough to get in the car with them.

I really think it may have been strictly coincidence and not connected. Then again, I may change my mind in 1p minutes.

JMO

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I also wonder about the step-father. Not that he did it. Reading through the moms page, there was a post against the news reports on her husband. There are two people very vocal about it. One in particular (CB) was REALLY vocal until some research was done on her background. She went as far as saying the wife was delusional. If others felt so strongly against this Dr. Maybe they could have become, unhinged emotionally and took it out on the daughter. However; it would be a long shot in my opinion, someone connected to him, would be able to get to her. Unless it was a partner, whom she may have trusted enough to get in the car with them.
Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Amen....Thought that a possibility from the beginning of this sad story.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Her murder/torture must be linked to her step-father's nefarious drug dealing who else would do this to her.

Her murder/torture must be linked to her step-father's nefarious drug dealing who else would do this to her.

It isn't. Mikayla had her own set of problems that had nothing to do with her stepfather.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back