GUILTY TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
god, prison is so horrible... she is a cold blooded killer no question, but what in the actual !@%&! was she thinking?
I can't imagine the cocktail of personality disorders this woman suffers from. She was insanely , psychotically jealous.
there was nothing in it for her. she had to flee, she didn't end up with the guy..I mean literally NOTHING was gained.

sometimes a young woman will get a little stalker-ish for what ever reason..or drama..but take it to the next level and add a gun to the equation..

seems like she wanted to kill Mo, she wanted to kill, she wanted to get away with it, she wanted to be a genius and get away Scott free..very ego maniacal and overly confident in her own abilities to escape and elude etc..

she will be a fascinating subject in a book now. mOO
she thought CS was the one; she invested $ with him in property; maybe she really wanted to "settle down;" mid-thirties.... child bearing? hormones? CS still trying to be a cowboy racer/ladies man... fed up. Do not think she was "thinking"... planning, yes, "thinking" no. IMO. men do things like this frequently- women less often. IMO.

she thought CS was the one; she invested $ with him in property; maybe she really wanted to "settle down;" mid-thirties.... child bearing? hormones? CS still trying to be a cowboy racer/ladies man... fed up. Do not think she was "thinking"... planning, yes, "thinking" no. IMO. men do things like this frequently- women less often. IMO.
I would like to eventually know more about the backstory with KA.

Men are more likely to kill, but women can also be brutal. I made a list of cases I could find where women killed, or attempted to kill another woman perceived as a rival, and the outcomes. One day I will research a bit more to learn their purported motIves. Dirty John Season 2 covered Betty Broderick.

Betty Broderick / Linda Kolkena - 32 yrs to life (double murder)
Krystal Kenney / Kelsey Berreth (HELPER) - 18 months
Mitzy Abeytas / Bev England - POI only, cold case
Shawna Nelson / Heather Garraus - LWOP
Jennair Gerardot / Meredith Chapman - Murder/suicide
Candy Montgomery / Betty Gore - acquitted
Stephanie Lazarus / Sherri Rasmussen - 27 yrs to life
Els Clottemans / Els Van Doren - 30 yrs
Tammy Moorer / Heather Elvis - 2 concurrent terms of 30 yrs
Shanna Golyar / Cari Farver - life sentence
Patricia Rorrer / Joann Katrinak - life sentence (double murder)
Michelle Troconis / Jennifer Dulos - charged with conspiracy to commit murder (co-killer F Dulos suicide) - active case
Christa Pike / Colleen Slemmer - death penalty
Denita Smith / Shannon Crawley - LWOP
Kaitlin Armstrong / Moriah Wilson - 90 years
Amy Fisher / Mary Jo Buttafuoco - 7 years

Men are more likely to kill, but women can also be brutal. I made a list of cases I could find where women killed, or attempted to kill another woman perceived as a rival, and the outcomes. One day I will research a bit more to learn their purported motIves. Dirty John Season 2 covered Betty Broderick.

Michelle Troconis / Jennifer Dulos - charged with conspiracy to commit murder (co-killer F Dulos suicide) - active case
Great, unfortunate and sad list. I followed several of these killers with no satisfaction.

Honestly, if CS biked Mo to the pool and Mo was wearing KA's helmet... in her shoes, that would irate me to no end. Not philandering, not lying, but giving my stuff to another woman. And if, as I suspect, KA was "territorial", she probably felt that her territory and her possessions, including CS, were invaded. Hence, she was "protecting" all that was hers. That small thing, a helmet, could have been "the last drop".

I don't know if it was love. I always wonder how many excellent ways were there for KA to mess up both CS's and Mo's careers, given that she was so technologically savvy. She had enough SMs to set them both up! She'd harm CS more, given that she'd have female supporters, but Mo, too, because Mo was young and just entering the scene. (Remember all our fallen athletic idols, Olympic champions, even).

This I'd understand. But, taking someone's one and only life, never. So - I think that KA got disproportionately livid, and it happens when a female is protecting "her" territory. I have seen such behavior in women during bar fights, in a big zoo between two female chimps, and even when i graciously agreed to housesit a colleague's cat for two days and brought the animal to my cat (HER human did it!). This behavior is very primitive, pre-tribal, and I wonder what had to be done to bring it out in a reportedly nonviolent
person. It would be interesting to find out.

But - "territorial" is extremely important in prisons. I don't think KA will fare well there. Initially, maybe, but she'd act out again.

About the other two - CS will probably be better off with an animal. He needs to grow a lot.

About Mo, maybe it could be a learning lesson to young women, too. I can understand the allure, CS was older, too, and people in biking circles call him pretty.

(To me, the comic version of him is Apollo from "Gods behaving badly", if anyone understands what I mean. Feel free to remove, but this is what I see).

But, when Mo moved out of Austin, she should have seen that he was a dead-end street, no pun intended. So maybe, the lesson for young women is, "if you see him for what he is, don't tempt the fates." I feel exceptionally sorry for Mo, to die so young and for what? Her family, too. But there should be a takehome message for all of our children, that one's only life is not worthy of it. Also - what you see now, you'll see X 10 after marriage, and that relates to both girls, the victim and the perpetrator. The perp, KA, should have known since she lived with him.

Last edited:
But, when Mo moved out of Austin, she should have seen that he was a dead-end street, no pun intended. So maybe, the lesson for young women is, "if you see him for what he is, don't tempt the fates." I feel exceptionally sorry for Mo, to die so young and for what? Her family, too. But there should be a takehome message for all of our children, that one's only life is not worthy of it. Also - what you see now, you'll see X 10 after marriage, and that relates to both girls, the victim and the perpetrator. The victim should have known since she lived with him.
Huh? Mo never lived with CS and/or lived in Austin.

KA lived with CS in his home including during the period they were "on a break" from the relationship when CS and MW were alleged to have been intimate.

Sheila Keen Warren, slap on the hand sentence (imo) actually a plea deal of 12 years (I think)

JMO - I would add Marisella Botello's case, also discussed here.

I don't know what really happened, but suspect it was a "territorial" case. Lisa Dykes and Nina Marano return home to find that their "pet", Beltran, having brought another woman into the house. I am not sure that they'd kill her if he had the guts or the money to take her to a motel.

Huh? Mo never lived with CS and/or lived in Austin.

KA lived with CS in his home including during the period they were "on a break" from the relationship when CS and MW were alleged to have been intimate.

Sorry, wrong formulation . You are right, she didn't. But in text messages sent from Tulum, Mexico, KA said that CS was with a 24 y.o. who might be moving to Austin, or might be not. JMO - when Mo broke up with her ex, she was considering another place, and Austin could have been on her list, but she didn't settle in Austin because she was not that interested in CS. I believe Mo was not being told the whole truth about CS and KA. I also suspect that it was her own choice not to settle in Austin. Maybe CS separated with KA hoping for something more with Mo, and then, let KA back in when Mo left. JMO. We shall probably never know, but for "territorial" people it would be typical. You are kicked out because your BF has a roving eye, then he lets you back in, then the "treat" appears in your field again, and you get livid.

One more thing: two witnesses who heard the word kill were not mandatory reporters, so they are innocent. "Kill" might be an exaggeration. But another takehome message: warn the other girl that someone has uttered that threat. Again, nothing against these two women, but we need to learn.

ETA: corrected another mistake. The perp, KA, should have seen it all about CS. Projecting it all on a woman when your BF is like this is useless.

Last edited:
Sorry, wrong formulation . You are right, she didn't. But in text messages sent from Tulum, Mexico, KA said that CS was with a 24 y.o. who might be moving to Austin, or might be not. JMO - when Mo broke up with her ex, she was considering another place, and Austin could have been on her list, but she didn't settle in Austin because she was not that interested in CS. I believe Mo was not being told the whole truth about CS and KA. I also suspect that it was her own choice not to settle in Austin. Maybe CS separated with KA hoping for something more with Mo, and then, let KA back in when Mo left. JMO. We shall probably never know, but for "territorial" people it would be typical. You are kicked out because your BF has a roving eye, then he lets you back in, then the "treat" appears in your field again, and you get livid.

One more thing: two witnesses who heard the word kill were not mandatory reporters, so they are innocent. "Kill" might be an exaggeration. But another takehome message: warn the other girl that someone has uttered that threat. Again, nothing against these two women, but we need to learn.

ETA: corrected another mistake. The perp, KA, should have seen it all about CS. Projecting it all on a woman when your BF is like this is useless.
Mo actually did stay in Austin for an unknown period of tIme.

While they were broken up, Wilson ended up in Austin for a time and Strickland and Wilson had a brief, romantic relationship. Strickland said she eventually went back to California and they remained friends. Strickland and Armstrong ended up getting back together.

Yes. There must have been telling -behaviors in the past, IMO.

So maybe, the lesson for young women is, "if you see him for what he is, don't tempt the fates."

Mo had every right to pursue a friendship with him. Many people try dating someone and realize that won't work out but that the potential for a great friendship is there, and that's what I think happened. They met that day as friends. She did nothing wrong nor lesson-worthy.

Yes. There must have been telling -behaviors in the past, IMO.

Mo had every right to pursue a friendship with him. Many people try dating someone and realize that won't work out but that the potential for a great friendship is there, and that's what I think happened. They met that day as friends. She did nothing wrong nor lesson-worthy.

Of course it is in no way her fault. I switched to different rails: what if any of the women who heard about KA threatening to kill Mo just warned her? People can do it anonymously. Not say word by word but...

Of course it is in no way her fault. I switched to different rails: what if any of the women who heard about KA threatening to kill Mo just warned her? People can do it anonymously. Not say word by word but...

MO was murdered May 2022 --5 to 7 months after each of KA's two acquaintances learned from KA that she was seething that CS allegedly cheated on her during their "break" (learned Oct 2021 and Jan 2022).

I don't think either friend that testified ever believed Mo was in danger and/or that KA made credible threats against the life of Mo at the time.

Threatening to kill or shooting down another human is not what normal 35 year old women do.

I don't think it was until each learned that Mo was in-fact murdered in Austin, TX that they both contacted LE to report KA a possible enemy suspect.

It wasn't like KA spent 7 months discussing Mo with the friends or making threats about wanting to harm Mo. It was nothing like this at all.

In fact, not even CS suspected that KA could/would harm Mo. JMO

I think there were many lessons to be learned from what transpired. Everyone involved could have taken different actions or changed course. They will be considering what could have, or should have been for the rest of their lives.

Sadly, the one person who didn‘t get the chance to carry away valuable knowledge from a challenging life experience was Moriah.

jmo

Honestly, if CS biked Mo to the pool and Mo was wearing KA's helmet... in her shoes, that would irate me to no end. Not philandering, not lying, but giving my stuff to another woman. And if, as I suspect, KA was "territorial", she probably felt that her territory and her possessions, including CS, were invaded. Hence, she was "protecting" all that was hers. That small thing, a helmet, could have been "the last drop".

I don't know if it was love. I always wonder how many excellent ways were there for KA to mess up both CS's and Mo's careers, given that she was so technologically savvy. She had enough SMs to set them both up! She'd harm CS more, given that she'd have female supporters, but Mo, too, because Mo was young and just entering the scene. (Remember all our fallen athletic idols, Olympic champions, even).

This I'd understand. But, taking someone's one and only life, never. So - I think that KA got disproportionately livid, and it happens when a female is protecting "her" territory. I have seen such behavior in women during bar fights, in a big zoo between two female chimps, and even when i graciously agreed to housesit a colleague's cat for two days and brought the animal to my cat (HER human did it!). This behavior is very primitive, pre-tribal, and I wonder what had to be done to bring it out in a reportedly nonviolent

But - "territorial" is extremely important in prisons. I don't think KA will fare well there. Initially, maybe, but she'd act out again.

About the other two - CS will probably be better off with an animal. He needs to grow a lot.

About Mo, maybe it could be a learning lesson to young women, too. I can understand the allure, CS was older, too, and people in biking circles call him pretty.

(To me, the comic version of him is Apollo from "Gods behaving badly", if anyone understands what I mean. Feel free to remove, but this is what I see).

But, when Mo moved out of Austin, she should have seen that he was a dead-end street, no pun intended. So maybe, the lesson for young women is, "if you see him for what he is, don't tempt the fates." I feel exceptionally sorry for Mo, to die so young and for what? Her family, too. But there should be a takehome message for all of our children, that one's only life is not worthy of it. Also - what you see now, you'll see X 10 after marriage, and that relates to both girls, the victim and the perpetrator. The perp, KA, should have known since she lived with him.
Mo wasn’t wearing KA’s helmet, though. She wore Colin’s.

I created a Google document and kept extensive notes during the trial based on the information provided by reporter tweets, as well as the opening statements and closing arguments. I also included all of the WS summary post links. I think it might be more than 50 pages long. I even created an “abridged” version with just the most important info provided by each witness (which I think still consists of more than 30 pages) because I’m a total nerd. Anyway, I’d be more than happy to share the link(s) here if anyone is interested.

Well said!

she thought CS was the one; she invested $ with him in property; maybe she really wanted to "settle down;

I blame it all on the weather!
A week-long snowstorm (Snowpocalypse!) and continuing freeze hit Austin late January 2021, the power grid failed and the pipes in KA's apartment froze. When the power came back on the broken pipes thawed and flooded her apartment. It took quite a long time for repairs to be completed and that was the point KA moved in with CS and never moved out. I recall reading at some point that CS really did not want KA to move in on a permanent basis, but there she was.

I thought the phrasing in this News Nation summary article from Nov. 3, 2024 re: CS's trial testimony (Kaitlin Armstrong's then-boyfriend testifies about 'tumultuous' relationship) was interesting: "Even when the couple was broken up, Armstrong would not move out of the house, Strickland said."

After Strickland ended the relationship on the drive back from Bentonville, Arkansas, "Armstrong dated at least two other men while continuing to live in a separate bedroom in Strickland’s home."

I'm assuming that "dated" refers to a sexual encounter, but that's not clear.

Anyway, I can tell you that when the exact status of a relationship is ambiguous, one person can mentally exploit that ambiguity and assume that things will become permanent while the other person assumes that it's obvious that it's going to end.

I blame it all on the weather!
A week-long snowstorm (Snowpocalypse!) and continuing freeze hit Austin late January 2021, the power grid failed and the pipes in KA's apartment froze. When the power came back on the broken pipes thawed and flooded her apartment. It took quite a long time for repairs to be completed and that was the point KA moved in with CS and never moved out. I recall reading at some point that CS really did not want KA to move in on a permanent basis, but there she was.

I thought the phrasing in this News Nation summary article from Nov. 3, 2024 re: CS's trial testimony (Kaitlin Armstrong's then-boyfriend testifies about 'tumultuous' relationship) was interesting: "Even when the couple was broken up, Armstrong would not move out of the house, Strickland said."

After Strickland ended the relationship on the drive back from Bentonville, Arkansas, "Armstrong dated at least two other men while continuing to live in a separate bedroom in Strickland’s home."

I'm assuming that "dated" refers to a sexual encounter, but that's not clear.

Anyway, I can tell you that when the exact status of a relationship is ambiguous, one person can mentally exploit that ambiguity and assume that things will become permanent while the other person assumes that it's obvious that it's going to end.
from your quoted article:
"Strickland said in court Friday that his 'on-again-off-again' relationship with Armstrong had been 'tumultuous,' adding that he was uncertain if he wanted to pursue something more long-term.”
Is he still uncertain?

I think this was torture for KA and she snapped as they say. It is interesting to me that she left afteward- did not try to stay with CS but
just fled, not just LE but her whole previous life.

(also want to add that MW was IMO, probably not aware of all these goings on even if other people warned her and even if KA called her anonymously. people fight about relationships but homicide is not usually the result.)

Last edited:
from your quoted article:
"Strickland said in court Friday that his 'on-again-off-again' relationship with Armstrong had been 'tumultuous,' adding that he was uncertain if he wanted to pursue something more long-term.”
Is he still uncertain?

I think this was torture for KA and she snapped as they say. It is interesting to me that she left afteward- did not try to stay with CS but
just fled, not just LE but her whole previous life.

During testimony, we heard from both of KA's friends that she told them about the October breakup and that this time it was for good. Instead of accepting this relationship was over, KA formed an LLC for the trailer rehab business CS was engaged in and convinced him they had a business entanglement to which CS responded inertia (or lack of) prevented the parting of the ways.

Something was seriously off with this woman. She did not/could not budge from this undesirable dude. She'd rather give up her life! JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AJAY0618