TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many thoughts on this.

I always thought she was using her sister's passport, hence the detour through New York. Plus, it was just too easy.

And if I was KA, I would have kept those passports on my person at all times, not leave them in a locker in a room I shared with SEVEN other strangers. It looks like the "lockers" are more just cubbyies from the pictures and videos I've seen that anyone can just snoop through.

Some people have noted that if KA took CA's passport, then CA wouldn't be able to visit her, but I think the priority was to get her out of the US as quickly as possible. I think the idea was that once the hoopla died down, CA would just file for a new passport, never suspecting that anyone would figure out that KA could have used hers. Or maybe KA was hoping the hoopla would die down and she could sneak back into the US at some point. It didn't seem like her current situation in Costa Rica was sustainable, especially since she dropped more than half of her Jeep money on plastic surgery.

I am now DYING to see the pictures.

Edited for grammar.
Geez, if those lockers were accessible to all, why bother having one? And where'd she store the rest of her cash if it wasn't safe in a locker yet she felt her passport(s) were. I can't believe the lockers didn't have locks.

So many thoughts on this.

I always thought she was using her sister's passport, hence the detour through New York. Plus, it was just too easy.

And if I was KA, I would have kept those passports on my person at all times, not leave them in a locker in a room I shared with SEVEN other strangers. It looks like the "lockers" are more just cubbyies from the pictures and videos I've seen that anyone can just snoop through.

Some people have noted that if KA took CA's passport, then CA wouldn't be able to visit her, but I think the priority was to get her out of the US as quickly as possible. I think the idea was that once the hoopla died down, CA would just file for a new passport, never suspecting that anyone would figure out that KA could have used hers. Or maybe KA was hoping the hoopla would die down and she could sneak back into the US at some point. It didn't seem like her current situation in Costa Rica was sustainable, especially since she dropped more than half of her Jeep money on plastic surgery.

I am now DYING to see the pictures.

Edited for grammar.
Well I think her goal was to get a job there teaching yoga... maybe live cheaply at the hostel and quickly get a job. I don't know how sustainable that would have been in reality, but her whole plan seems destined to fail. Oh I'll use my sister's passport to leave the country, get a nose job, and teach yoga on a beach in Costa Rica. I mean she sure made her plan happen fast, I'll give her that.

I guess the goal of the sister's passport was that there wasn't a flag on it so it let her fly out the country. It just seems way to traceable...it was pretty clear all along that she probably used her sister's passport. Not exactly the greatest plan for trying to stay anonymous. I wonder if she had ever been to Costa Rica before, do we know? One previous article before she was caught said that people on the run often return to spots they know well or at least know the landscape.

He might want to dial down the potty-mouth and anger. It’s not a good look. I’m sure he’s frustrated with the press onslaught, but he’s not helping himself. The media might continue to paint him in a poor light moving forward. Would be in his best interests to be helpful, or just go quiet. Not poke the bear.

JMO
While I love the "potty mouth" comment, maybe he is going for the bad boy publicity. If he's following the money, he could continue to score a few dollars for doing interviews with the trashy mags or TV shows while this story is hot and the former probably love it when interviewees swear.

wonder why she didn't do the boyfriend in? Now shes going to be locked up forever and he'll still have a life a new gal? I never can understand psycopaths. Glad they got her feel sorry for that woman she killed so young its a shame.
Years ago, I read a book by Nancy Friday called Jealousy. She explores this exact topic. Women go after the "other woman" and not the guy. That book is out of print, but she has a brand new one!

Geez, if those lockers were accessible to all, why bother having one? And where'd she store the rest of her cash if it wasn't safe in a locker yet she felt her passport(s) were. I can't believe the lockers didn't have locks.
At those places, you go and buy your own padlock if you want one. That way even staff don't have the key. So I guess the hostel staff may have cut the lock off...

Well I think her goal was to get a job there teaching yoga... maybe live cheaply at the hostel and quickly get a job. I don't know how sustainable that would have been in reality, but her whole plan seems destined to fail. Oh I'll use my sister's passport to leave the country, get a nose job, and teach yoga on a beach in Costa Rica. I mean she sure made her plan happen fast, I'll give her that.

I guess the goal of the sister's passport was that there wasn't a flag on it so it let her fly out the country. It just seems way to traceable...it was pretty clear all along that she probably used her sister's passport. Not exactly the greatest plan for trying to stay anonymous. I wonder if she had ever been to Costa Rica before, do we know? One previous article before she was caught said that people on the run often return to spots they know well or at least know the landscape.
But did the article say she had two passports? Maybe one, under a name not yet revealed, was used to depart a US airport and the other (CA) would be used for future travel if the first passport was somehow comprimised.

UMMMM - why did local LE not confiscate everything in her locker??? Do they not need that evidence, along with the US ???
Yeah, super strange some dude at the hostel is flashing the evidence. Maybe it has to do with int'l law & the US was slow to collect, but damn! You'd think they'd be in direct contact with the hostel to keep hands off all evidence.

I agree I think she was simmering on this for months and that night, with the outing CS took MW on, and lied about, she felt extra pissed off and decided to just do it. Not counting on the neighborhood cameras catching her car and not comprehending that there were people out there who would promptly tell the police about her anger at MW and turn her into a suspect. The way she acted at the police station and then the reported panicked ringing of a friends doorbell after that seem inconsistent with understanding that she would be a top suspect so quickly.

I also think maybe she threw MW’s bike into the bushes to make it look like a burglary gone bad, but then again maybe she did use it to make a quick getaway to her car after the murder.
Does anyone think she was thinking CS would get blamed for the crime? I mean, he was the one that would have a clear record of being the last one in contact with Mo. Or did she just do this in a fit of rage with no rational thought.

But did the article say she had two passports? Maybe one, under a name not yet revealed, was used to depart a US airport and the other (CA) would be used for future travel if the first passport was somehow comprimised.
The article stated she had two passports, one under her own name and one under Christine's.

"After Armstrong’s arrest, Paulsen said he found items in a locker that included her passport, a second passport belonging to her sister Christine, and the cosmetic surgery receipt."

The Daily Mail story tonight where people at the hostel said she basically showed up one day and demanded to be allowed to be a yoga instructor there .. and the hostel was like, sorry senorita but we have enough yoga instructors here.. and she just kept at it until they let her fill in when the regular instructor was off….

Entitled much?

Same vibe as dine and dash on Botox, at least the cosmetic clinic in Costa Rica got their payment. This individual is a piece of work.

$6350 will get you a new nose in a smaller market right here in the US. I'm SO curious what all she had done! Cheek implants and an eye lift perhaps?
By the time she gets deported back (sounds like it could even be a few weeks?) maybe all the swelling will have gone down and we will be able to see and appreciate the AVA Surgery Center’s artistry.

I totally hear what you're saying! I also would not be able to put my pants on the next day, LOL. And I don't think she planned this in advance or else she would have probably arranged for fake ID at a leisurely pace, and not rope her sister into it for god's sake, would have obtained more money if she could have, not have sold the truck last minute, stalked her in a different car or parked hers miles away and walked (worried about cameras) and so on. It may have generically transpired in her head over the course of a few weeks, like, "Oh great, Mo is coming to town. I need to keep an eye on Colin." and then BAM, she learned he was probably hooking up with her, and she flew off into a rage that she hoped would never have had to happen in her head.
Once she realized Colin spent time with Mo, KA spiraled very quickly! Or maybe she was slowly spiraling all along. Her jealousy was eating her alive.

But the aftermath of it all - DANG - It was almost machine like. Sell truck. Get on plane! Oh …and don’t forget YOGA MAT! Get outta the country! She has absolutely no moral compass or remorse.

Yeah, super strange some dude at the hostel is flashing the evidence. Maybe it has to do with int'l law & the US was slow to collect, but damn! You'd think they'd be in direct contact with the hostel to keep hands off all evidence.
Agreed. I find it shocking that the passports and 6K receipt are not in the custody either of US Marshals or officials from Costa Rica immigration department. Do you think they will call and demand them now?

Both passports were shown in the Inside Edition clip. One is KA's legit passport, and the other is her sister's passport.

The Daily Mail story tonight where people at the hostel said she basically showed up one day and demanded to be allowed to be a yoga instructor there .. and the hostel was like, sorry senorita but we have enough yoga instructors here.. and she just kept at it until they let her fill in when the regular instructor was off….

Entitled much?

Same vibe as dine and dash on Botox, at least the cosmetic clinic in Costa Rica got their payment. This individual is a piece of work.
Actually that's the attitude of a good realtor. It worked! If she had put her strong intiative to a more positive purpose, she'd have a good man who appreciates her & a much more rewarding career. Oh, and a life.

$6350 will get you a new nose in a smaller market right here in the US. I'm SO curious what all she had done! Cheek implants and an eye lift perhaps?

I thought her nose was cute. She should have kept that $6K. What is the point of getting the cosmetic surgery AFTER you have already successfully used the fraudulent passport? Did she plan to keep traveling around the world on the remaining $6K??

Last edited:

Entitled much?

She may have been insistent because she needed the work. She needed a job, and she had training as a yoga teacher, so it makes sense that she would be tenacious about finding a job in her area of expertise. She was a yoga teacher in Austin before the pandemic hit, and apparently left that work to go into real estate so she could continue to make a living. I don't see it as an issue of "entitlement."

Does anyone think she was thinking CS would get blamed for the crime? I mean, he was the one that would have a clear record of being the last one in contact with Mo. Or did she just do this in a fit of rage with no rational thought.
I don’t think she thought at all! I think she was so full of rage she didn’t think of anything but killing Mo :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member