TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
MW's Specialized Works Bicycle and travel bag were inside the house when MW left for dinner with CS.

We know from the AA that the travel bag was at the bottom of the stairs, partially covering the carport, and the bicycle was located concealed in thick bamboo, about 68 ft south of the host's residence.

Presuming KA was responsible for disturbing and removing the bag and Works Bicycle from inside the residence.

Was this her attempt to make this shooting appear like a robbery gone bad? Where the owner surprised the thief?

What a stupid idea!
Delayed her getaway, more exposure, and opportunity to be caught.

How awful for MW's host. :eek:
Not to mention that removing that bike may expose her to a capital murder charge.

I wonder what the reason is for KA not to be appearing at the 7/20/22 hearing. I’ve never seen a defendant not be present at the initial arraignment to enter their plea before the judge.
Art. 26.011. WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT. An attorney representing a defendant may present a waiver of arraignment, and the clerk of the court may not require the presence of the defendant as a condition of accepting the waiver.

Added by Acts 2001, 77th Leg., ch. 818, Sec. 1, eff. June 14, 2001.

^^rsbbm
That hits the nail squarely on the head -- ENTITLEMENT. Ripping the provider off is not wrong and/or illegal because I covet, and deserve it.

I'm perplexed at OP's comment that KA could not purchase a weapon because she committed/was convicted of a felony??? When/where was that? o_O

If true, not only could KA not purchase a weapon, but it would be illegal for her to possess a weapon or ammunition.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1), the crime of Felon in Possession of a Firearm is committed when a convicted felon ships, transports, or possesses any firearm or ammunition that has been distributed in interstate or foreign commerce.
What felony had she committed that would have prevented her purchase of a firearm in Dec. 2021 or Jan. 2022? The Botox theft is a Class B misdemeanor.

Art. 26.011. WAIVER OF ARRAIGNMENT. An attorney representing a defendant may present a waiver of arraignment, and the clerk of the court may not require the presence of the defendant as a condition of accepting the waiver.

Oh, thanks. Interesting.

I still would think that KA would want to be present, but I guess not.

SBM for focus

From all I’ve read about MW she seemed to be a very disciplined, professional, serious and decent person. I don’t think she’d just be cavalier about hooking up with a man with a jealous live-in girlfriend.

I think it’s very likely that CS was giving MW some kind of story: We’re breaking up, it’s been over for awhile, we’re just in the process of sorting through our business entanglements; don’t listen to her, she’s just acting out, it doesn’t effect what I can and can’t do.
We don't know the content of any communications between MW & KA. Maybe KA did threaten her. Maybe not. We don't know.
MOO

Oh, thanks. Interesting.

I still would think that KA would want to be present, but I guess not.

Her attorney may have advised her that a waiver was in her best interest, given all the media interest in this case.

On the other hand, she may not be doing well health-wise and getting some medical treatment.

Are there specific criteria for the granting of a waiver of arraignment? Does the attorney have to provide the court with a reason for the request?

^^bbm

Host reports she received notification that MW unlocked the door at 8:36 PM using a special key code previously programmed for her.

Host further reported when she arrived home, she saw MW's travel bike bag at the bottom of the stairs, partially blocking the carport.

She went inside her residence approximately 2 minutes before calling 911, and observed the front door to the residence was unlocked. She does not say how she noticed it was unlocked.

(I have a similar locking system and I have it set for a 6-minute delay before auto-lock to allow time enough to unload my car, dog, etc. I can also manually lock the door earlier than the 6-minute auto-lock).

View attachment 353104
Thank you, so the door probably was never locked after MW came home.

We don't know the content of any communications between MW & KA. Maybe KA did threaten her. Maybe not. We don't know.
MOO
Right, we definitely don’t know, except for the one item in the affidavit stating that KA had contacted MW to let her know that she was dating Strickland.

That’s why I was simply trying to conjecture as to why MW might see CS even though she’d been told by KA not to.
829C3912-4A48-4CF1-ABD4-B8709B2A3CD0.jpeg

US Marshals to hold press conference 3 pm today, will provide more details of Armstrong capture
A00F2F63-7065-43F6-BF4B-0B8B7302AAEE.jpeg
*Texas is on CDT (Central Daylight Time)

Thursday’s press conference will take place at 3 p.m. at the federal courthouse on Fifth Street in Austin.

U.S. Marshals will be joined by its Lone Star Fugitive Task Force team as well as local law enforcement.

The press conference will be streamed in this story and on Facebook.

Last edited:
How many times have we heard, "we were on a break?"

IMO it's not a break if the sheets are still warm.

IMO it's not a break unless both parties know it.

I don't know the status of their relationship, at its best or its worst, but it looks like it had a lot of entanglements (living together, working together). Great if it works, challenging if it doesn't. Can't slam the door and walk away if you have real estate, businesses, projects in common.
I wonder if KA hadn't made the decision to leave the relationship, even romanticizing the seeya with the fairytale of herself living the dream on a beach, solo.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that KA acted out of vengeance -- pure passive-aggressive vengeance. She may have started thinking the victim was an interloper, only recently discovering she herself was being played. So how to hit him where it hurts? Take away both women. Maniacally passive in regard to him, viciously aggressive in execution.

I think what we're seeing on her stone face is smugness. I think she thinks they got what they deserved.

Leaving her to wipe her hands of them both and start her new life of "zen". She's a poser. An shape shifting embodiment of arrogance, entitlement, narcissism, confidence, delusion, retribution...

Beautiful on the outside, fed the ugly inside.

JMO

^^rsbbm
That hits the nail squarely on the head -- ENTITLEMENT. Ripping the provider off is not wrong and/or illegal because I covet, and deserve it.

I'm perplexed at OP's comment that KA could not purchase a weapon because she committed/was convicted of a felony??? When/where was that? o_O

If true, not only could KA not purchase a weapon, but it would be illegal for her to possess a weapon or ammunition.

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(g)(1), the crime of Felon in Possession of a Firearm is committed when a convicted felon ships, transports, or possesses any firearm or ammunition that has been distributed in interstate or foreign commerce.
She is not a convicted felon…yet. But if she had tried to purchase a weapon, a background check would have revealed that there was an outstanding warrant for her arrest for theft of service.

How many times have we heard, "we were on a break?"

IMO it's not a break if the sheets are still warm.

IMO it's not a break unless both parties know it.

I don't know the status of their relationship, at its best or its worst, but it looks like it had a lot of entanglements (living together, working together). Great if it works, challenging if it doesn't. Can't slam the door and walk away if you have real estate, businesses, projects in common.
I wonder if KA hadn't made the decision to leave the relationship, even romanticizing the seeya with the fairytale of herself living the dream on a beach, solo.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that KA acted out of vengeance -- pure passive-aggressive vengeance. She may have started thinking the victim was an interloper, only recently discovering she herself was being played. So how to hit him where it hurts? Take away both women. Maniacally passive in regard to him, viciously aggressive in execution.

I think what we're seeing on her stone face is smugness. I think she thinks they got what they deserved.

Leaving her to wipe her hands of them both and start her new life of "zen". She's a poser. An shape shifting embodiment of arrogance, entitlement, narcissism, confidence, delusion, retribution...

Beautiful on the outside, fed the ugly inside.

JMO
But she’s actually destroyed her own life even worse in the process. Maybe she really believed that she’d never get caught once in Costa Rica? If so, she’s very naïve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard