TX TX - Natasha Atchley, 19, Livingston, 3 May 1992

May 9, 2020, By Andrea Cavallier
''Natasha was only 19 years old when she was brutally murdered in the early morning hours of May 3, 1992. Her remains were found later that same day in the trunk of her burned out Camaro hatchback on a dirt road in a rural area of Shepherd, Texas.

A former cheerleader, Natasha was pretty and popular, and always attracted attention.

“She was wild and fun. A free spirit,” Keisha said. “There was just something about Natasha - you either loved her or you hated her.”
1672370897805.png

''Natasha Atchley​

On May 3, 1992 at approximately 10:00 AM, after 19 year-old Natasha Ann Atchley attended a late night / early morning birthday party in Shepherd (San Jacinto County); her car was found burned on a rural dirt road approximately a mile from the party. Natasha’s body was located in the trunk of her hatchback car. Natasha previously attended school in nearby Livingston (Polk County), but moved and graduated from Odessa Permian High School in 1990. Atchley was visiting friends from the Livingston area at the time of her murder.''

There's a new theory in a 1992 cold case that's had many twists and turns.

We first profiled Natasha Atchley's case back in 2017 on our Missing Pieces series.

The 19-year-old cheerleader was found burned to death in the trunk of her car in San Jacinto County.

Investigators always told us they believed it was a murder.

But former Harris County prosecutor Kelly Siegler's show "Cold Justice" took on the case and she believes it may have been a tragic accident.

“Well, you can’t exactly prove it and I think the crazy thing is no one saw it coming," Siegler said. "We opened this case up because we thought we were going to solve a murder case."

Monday on KHOU 11 News at 10, Siegler sits down with Grace White to explain her theory.

We'll also hear what Natasha's family and investigators have to say about the new twist.

Same article posted last month by @imstilla.grandma; however, Natasha's family needs our help!

Murder or tragic accident? Here's our update on the 1992 Natasha Atchley #ColdCase w/
@SieglerKelly from #ColdJustice @oxygen. We first featured the case on our #MissingPieces series in 2017 @KHOU

Surprising new theory in 1992 cold case death of Texas cheerleader

Once you’ve seen your sister’s burned remains, no you never forget that," Chad Woodard, Atchley's brother, told KHOU 11 in a 2017 interview.
He was also interviewed on Cold Justice but said the results of their investigation were something he never expected.
"I just can’t believe that’s what happened ... there’s too many other unexplained things," Woodard said.
He believes someone set his sister’s car on fire.
"Had that car burned at a normal temperature -- I could accept that, but it didn’t," he said. "There had to have been another burning substance in the car."
Woodard also doesn't buy the theory his sister's car got stuck.
"I’m sorry, my sister, we lived up a much rougher road uphill that Camaros made it up on the daily," he said.

In Memory - Class of 1990

I would assume it is - I doubt there was another person with the same exact name, date of birth and date of death. Not to mention they mark her as having been murdered and it being unsolved. :)

I'd certainly hate to calculate the odds on that though if there were!
It is the same person. She grew up in Livingston and was sent to live with her grandparents in Odessa. A few weeks before the Livingston murders, she called her friend, Keisha, who was not home at the time, and told Keisha's mother that she would be coming to the parties in a couple of weeks and hoped she would get to see Keisha.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back