TX TX - New Caney, Hwy59 behind 76 Trk Stop, WhtFem 15-22, UP4587, Shades jeans, Wrangler shirt, May'83

I spoke with Kristin Fabry of TX-DPS regarding the status of this submission (Melody Ann Jones).

She said that OK authorities are just beginning the process of collecting DNA Family Reference Samples. Considering the backlog at UNT, this will probably be at least a six-month wait for an answer on this one.

I know you said it might be a 6 month backlog but this has been 5 months. any word Carl on the possible match?

I know you said it might be a 6 month backlog but this has been 5 months. any word Carl on the possible match?

Kristin is out of the office on a special assignment. I spoke with one of the other analysts, and she says that they have all been tied up with a long-term special project. There hasn't been any progress on any of the Texas cases that I have open.

another 5 months have passed Carl since we last posted here.

there are no rule-outs listed on the UID's Namus page.

Every time I call TXDPS, it's always the same story.

I spoke with Kristin Fabry today regarding the possible match of Melody Jones to this UID. She says that all they have on this case is dentals. There is no DNA for this case.

She says that they have a Federal grant to exhume 25 UID's but she is not sure if this is among the cases slated for exhumation. The preference is to exhume UID's for which they have no identifiers at all, and since they have dentals on this case, it may not be a priority candidate for exhumation.

She said that she will make a note to contact the Pottawatomie County (OK) Sheriff's Office, to see if they can get any dentals on Melody Jones.

Updated DoeNet link:
1360UFTX

And with regard to potential matches, I can only find one potential match that makes sense to me:

Judy Gail Jurgens (NamUs #MP37344)
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

She left a note saying she was going to Texas with a male friend. The male friend came back, but she did not. Hair color matches, height and weight are relatively close, age matches.

Last edited:
New Caney Jane Doe has been unidentified for 37 years today.

Tracy Byrd added as an exclusion:

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP2825Tracy Byrd
Date of Last ContactMarch 07, 1983
StatePA
CountyBucks

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP1317Karen Schepers
Date of Last ContactApril 15, 1983
StateIL
CountyKane

Case Photo

Missing Person / NamUs #MP4644Launa Merritt
Date of Last ContactFebruary 23, 1983
StateNY
CountyOnondaga

New Caney Jane Doe has been unidentified for 40 years today.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dahliaf
Back