TX TX - Nicholas Barclay, 13, San Antonio, 13 June 1994

Hmm, this makes sense, not just because it was confirmed that CPS was notified by school authorities of Nicholas possibly being an abused child, but it also could explain why Nicholas was small for his age (4'8, 80 pounds). I'm not sure if I believe that his sister knows what happened, but I think his mother found out at some point.

nicholasbarclayScreenshot (284).png
It's interesting that other than Kevin Hendricks, who was interviewed for The Imposter (2012) none of Nicholas's friends have been interviewed, especially considering he was supposedly playing basketball with his friends on the day he went missing. This could be chalked up to shoddy police work, especially since Nicholas had supposedly run away previously, and the fact that he wasn't reported missing for three days. The lack of information is very frustrating, especially given that his disappearance wasn't reported in the news. His friends could give information about Nicholas's personality and his home life, and provide confirmation about many of the things that have been said or reported about him. Hendricks did say that Nicholas and his mother seemed close before Jason moved in, and then the household changed and that Jason's presence may have pushed Beverly (who had battled a heroin addiction most of her adult life) into using drugs. "When this guy [Jason] moved in, he was bum, he was a drug addict, and he only cared about himself."

By the way, Jason had burn scars on his arms, due to an accident that happened when he was 13, involving a cigarette he was smoking and lawnmower fuel. The fact that Jason was smoking at 13 is further proof that Beverly was not a good parent. The burns left him very insecure, and along with predisposition, was probably one of the reasons he turned to drugs. I don't think Nicholas had much of a chance, growing up in a household surrounded by drugs and violence.

Nicholas-Barclay-2.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back