GUILTY TX - Patricia Allen arrested after 3 children drown, Irving, July 2015

Can anyone find the arrest warrant? I really think there is more than a" changing story"
to this

I wonder how long it will be before an attorney files a lawsuit against the owners of the apartment complex, on behalf of the childrens' family.

I really think that pool should not have been open if it was that murky, so she might have a bit of a "leg" to stand on, with that part, but again my kids would not be in murky water if they cant SWIM and I cant SWIM ugh!!!!!

trying to give her the benefit of the doubt
my question is: if the kids and you cannot swim, what is the point of going into a swimming pool?

my question is: if the kids and you cannot swim, what is the point of going into a swimming pool?

Cooling off? I can't swim but have been known to dip my feet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone likes to play and splash in the pool, especially when it's hot. But I think not fully appreciating the danger and not understanding water safety is why these kids are dead. My husband almost drowned in a similar situation and IMO there is no "good enough" when it comes to swimming, but some people are more lax.

Everyone likes to play and splash in the pool, especially when it's hot. But I think not fully appreciating the danger and not understanding water safety is why these kids are dead. My husband almost drowned in a similar situation and IMO there is no "good enough" when it comes to swimming, but some people are more lax.

yup, the risk of children drowning is really brought home every summer here in oz with government campaigns and swimming lessons adds
and i understand how inviting the pool might have seem inviting but my main issue is that she knew none of them could swim so she should have been more alert, easy for me to say after the fact and not being part to this tragedy...
in all honesty i don't think she took the kids to the pool to drown them, for me (after a lot of thought) she could be considered guilty of negligence, being distracted (which as parents many of us have had moments of brief distraction or lack of judgement) but not deliberately harming those kids
we will have to wait and see

If none of them, including the mom, could swim why the heck did they go to the pool, and why did she let them in the water? My children can all swim, I can swim. I still watch them, like a hawk. She might as well have lead them to a 6 lane motorway and let them run around on it!

If none of them, including the mom, could swim why the heck did they go to the pool, and why did she let them in the water? My children can all swim, I can swim. I still watch them, like a hawk. She might as well have lead them to a 6 lane motorway and let them run around on it!

Would she have let them unsupervised - play w loaded firearms? Chainsaws? Drink from bottles -cleaning solutions, etc- under the kitchen sink or in garage?

Not like she & kids were tossing a ball or practicing yoga outside the fenced pool, and, say for ex, a child started experiencing a seizure, and she ran inside to get the meds for the child, and another child went inside fence, into the water, & drowned before Mom returned w meds. Imo,^ closer to being an understandable accident than Ms Allens' actions. Two diff situations altogether, imo, both tragic.

Personally, IDK if adding CDC data comparing deaths by drownings vs firearms is particularly helpful to our discussion or to parents. Child deaths occur from lack of supervision re both.
Not like parents should say - "Yes, I'm extreeeeeeemely careful when I let my twin toddlers handle my loaded Glock, so it's okay if I ignore them when they're in the pool."

Then again, LE info to MSM or MSM reporters may have bungled up descriptions, timelines, etc, IDK. JM2cts, could be all wrong.

Mother accused of talking on cell phone while her three children drowned in pool says she was actually forced to abandon them to save FOURTH child from dying

Patricia Allen, 30, arrested after three children drowned in pool in June

Was accused of failing to pay attention as youngsters slipped underwater

But she has now said she was in the pool too playing with youngest son

Said she put boy, three, on side of pool while trying to save other children

Claims three-year-old jumped back in, and she had to choose who to save

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-forced-abandon-save-FOURTH-child-dying.html

She remembered that now?

"At the time, police said a witness had described how Allen was talking on her cell phone within arm's reach of the children as they drowned, but did nothing.
Allen was arrested the following month for causing harm to a child, and her two remaining children were taken into protective custody.
However, Allen has now hit back, saying she was in the water with the children that day, playing with her three-year-old son at the shallow end, while his siblings played at the deep end."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-save-FOURTH-child-dying.html#ixzz3iaZiVtRx

So she is holding on to her 3 yr old in the shallow end, with her back turned to the deep end, where her 9, 10 and 11 yr old were playing. And all 3 of them went under and she could not get to them because the 3 yr old wouldn't stay out of the water long enough for her to save the others?

I don't think the older kids really did know how to swim if all three of them silently went underneath with no warning. They needed closer supervision. JMO

"At the time, police said a witness had described how Allen was talking on her cell phone within arm's reach of the children as they drowned, but did nothing.
Allen was arrested the following month for causing harm to a child, and her two remaining children were taken into protective custody.
However, Allen has now hit back, saying she was in the water with the children that day, playing with her three-year-old son at the shallow end, while his siblings played at the deep end."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...on-save-FOURTH-child-dying.html#ixzz3iaZiVtRx

So she is holding on to her 3 yr old in the shallow end, with her back turned to the deep end, where her 9, 10 and 11 yr old were playing. And all 3 of them went under and she could not get to them because the 3 yr old wouldn't stay out of the water long enough for her to save the others?

I don't think the older kids really did know how to swim if all three of them silently went underneath with no warning. They needed closer supervision. JMO
It's so fishy and sounds ridden with lies. If all your 3 kids could not swim well or at all, why would you have them in the deep end. Makes no sense to me, although this scenario could happen. I don't know my gut is not buying it.

JMO I don't believe a word of it. If she really was in the pool with the kids and saw them begin drowning, why did it first come out weeks later? Why did witnesses say she was on her cellphone? How did three kids manage to drown while she was right there beside them? That's not a big pool.

In July it was reported she only seemed to panick after she saw some people coming:

Two other witnesses, a couple, said the children were nowhere to be seen and that Allen was doing nothing when they arrived at the pool.

"When they arrived, they said that they had seen Patricia sitting at the edge of the pool looking out over the deep end," Officer James McLellan of the Irving Police Department says. "There were no bubbles, no commotion when they walked up."

But then the mom panicked and approached the couple, asking them for help with her children. "The male called 911," McLellan says. "At first he was confused and didn't seem to be taking her too seriously, but midway through the call, one of the boys was pulled from the pool unconscious." That's when the call took on an entirely different tone.

ETA to add the link
http://www.people.com/article/patricia-allen-arrested-children-drowned-distracted-cell-phone

So strange! My first thought was one kid drowning is an accident, two is unlikely, and three is definitely not an accident. But then I remembered how quick and silent drowning can be, and I thought of medical or psychiatric problems that could cause this strange, oblivious staring off into space - my first thought was undiagnosed absence seizures.

If her story really has been changing a lot that is very suspicious, but doesn't necessarily make her guilty of anything. She might have been interrogated forcefully for hours and hours and felt like she had to change her story because nobody believed the genuine story, for example.

The three children who died:
635748407574938143-0810-drowning-folo02.jpg

Mom's mugshot:
patricia-allen-435.jpg

Attorney Howard Rosenstein took Allen's case for free, and hired a private investigator to pore over phone records and to interview people who know the family.

"I have the proof that she was never on her phone and never inattentive... I have that evidence," Rosenstein said.

He said if there is fault in this tragedy, it lies with apartment management for opening an unsafe pool. The complex had been cited in previous years for the same issue.

"In our society, we're searching for instant justice in a hard case," the lawyer said. "Every time there's a child death, we want immediate justice."
http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/loca...-victims-mom-they-can-swim-can-swim/31440727/

Attorney Howard Rosenstein took Allen's case for free, and hired a private investigator to pore over phone records and to interview people who know the family.

"I have the proof that she was never on her phone and never inattentive... I have that evidence," Rosenstein said.

What kind of phone records? These days the kind of phone records that list incoming and outgoing calls don't really say much about whether someone was inattentive and distracted by their phone or not. Even if there was no phone call that would show on the phone records there's a million apps that you could be distracted by, you could be looking through your child's photos on his or her phone.

Surveillance cameras, if any, would prove that she was not inattentive more than interviews of people who weren't there, IMO.

Justice delayed . . . justice denied, IMO.
Wow. So not only is she avoiding jail time, if she successfully completes her probationary period, she will have the conviction vacated.

Your actions cause THREE of your children to DIE and you don’t even have a misdemeanor record?? No justice whatsoever.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back