TX - Patrick Knight executed for '91 murders of Walter & Mary Ann Werner

I am on the other side from most on here it seems. I don't like it all, but I do respect everyone elses opinion on it.

I am on the other side from most on here it seems. I don't like it all, but I do respect everyone elses opinion on it.
That's what makes the world go round WR! :blowkiss:

His last meal costs the taxpayers less than one day in jail. How about we execute them faster, with dna evidence, of course, and then save the taxpayers much more money. Makes sense to me. They could even order in, from a restaurant for all I care.

Can you imagine being able to even eat a bite, on your last meal? I know I couldnt.
--yes, executing them faster is a good idea for many reasons, especially to allow the victim's relatives to see justice done sooner---as far as actually eating their last meal, I have read books from prison guards who say many times the codemned won't even touch their meal,no matter how elaborate or simple it may be--which is quite understandable lol

My last meal (and believe me - this is abridged because I am trying to stay within the $25-$40 limit):

Filet Mignon, Rare, lots of kethcup
Shrimp Scampi (and the ship have to be fresh)
John's Island Tomatoes, Fresh Mozarella, Balsamic Vinegar
Mashed Potatoes
A bottle of fine French wine
Chocolate Cake and Vanilla Ice Cream

I haven't eaten in 11 days...who do I have to kill to get that meal?????

My last meal (and believe me - this is abridged because I am trying to stay within the $25-$40 limit):

Mashed Potatoes

We can have wine? Bring me the limits worth of wine. Boones Farm would work. Enough to knock me out.

We can have wine? Bring me the limits worth of wine. Boones Farm would work. Enough to knock me out.

I'm not allowed to have wine in real life, but if it was my last meal - damn skippy!

LOL about Boones Farm - it was my favorite drink at the age of 14!!!!

I respect and understand your opinion, too, White Rain. I know that my feelings on death row inmates and the death penalty in general are actually quite mixed. I don't even know if I understand my own feelings and opinions. I do know that when my dear friend was murdered, I felt many things toward her killer, but the overwhelming emotion I felt was one of sadness and pity for him and the waste that he made of everything. He not only killed her but he left their infant daughter a virtual orphan and destroyed his life as well. He was her fiance, so I knew him and maybe that's why I felt the way I did. Perhaps, if it was a stranger who murdered her, I may have felt differently. I honestly don't know.

I also feel that some killers may actually be capable of repenting at some point in their incarceration. They must pay the price of course, whatever society deems the price to be. But treating them with some level of dignity says much more about who we are as a people than it says about what they deserve or don't deserve.

Also, in Texas for sure, alcohol is prohibited.. and cigarettes.. due to health concerns... Now honestly, the man/woman is about to die. Do they think one cigarette is going to shorten their life span?

They are NOT there to suffer, though of course many do. Most, however, are longtime criminals who are more comfortable in jail than out of jail, IMHO.

In fact, if they were caused to suffer by something the jails did, the jails would be sued.
Well I disagree.

I think it's just one of the perks about being a person about to be killed by the State. I doubt many of us would switch places with this man just to get a shot at his last meal....
And I doubt that many of us would slaughter people either so I guess that point is mute.

Mashed Potatoes

Why in the world haven't you eaten in 11 days!?!?

Because she is crazy:) but in a good way.

Well, if it's purposely done I wish I had that kind of willpower. I'm on day 3 of the cabbage diet...and it's getting old. I wish I could just not eat.

Well, if it's purposely done I wish I had that kind of willpower. I'm on day 3 of the cabbage diet...and it's getting old. I wish I could just not eat.
Don't say that!!
Eating is one of the great pleasures in life, ask anyone that is about to be executed :innocent:
No starvation diets please!!!

Don't say that!!
Eating is one of the great pleasures in life, ask anyone that is about to be executed :innocent:
No starvation diets please!!!

It IS one of my greatest pleasures...thats why my weight is what it is!

It IS one of my greatest pleasures...thats why my weight is what it is!
It is a pleasure and you have to accept it as such. But then you have to find the balance.
You can do it WR!

It is a pleasure and you have to accept it as such. But then you have to find the balance.
You can do it WR!

Thank you. I have gained 60 ugly disgusting pounds since quitting drugs two years ago. I want my old body, energy, self-confidence, back. Without the drugs of course.

The same has happened to me since I gave up smoking...Im just packing it on.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back