Found Deceased TX - PFC Vanessa Guillen, 20, Fort Hood military base, items left behind, 22 Apr 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve Campion of KTRK Channel 13 news in Houston is reporting on his FB page that “Texas EquuSearch resumes search operations for missing soldier Vanessa Guillen. Founder Tim Miller says they are on the ground with law enforcement in central Texas doing a search in a "significant area."

The previous news link gives more detail about the search area, but this confirms that it is Texas equusearch that is involved and they are searching for Vanessa.

It was posted today on the Find VG FB page that the day she went missing she :
-wasnt supposed to work that day/Wednesday due to Covid19
-she was called in to get a report (assuming by a superior)
-her barracks building was only 10 ft from the armory

So who called her in? What evidence is there that she even made it in the building? Why has it been said she was going into work at 9am but last seen between 12-1 (which seems like a big window of discrepancy). What was she doing for 3-4 hours?Who supposedly saw her at that time?

I don’t have much to add other than the distant hope that she is found okay, or at the very least her family is given some answers.
I really want to comment that it has been amazing seeing how her family has been able to make her case so widely known. The power of persistence and social and mainstream media momentum will hopefully lead to some answers.

Also, I am sorry to hear the some in this thread have been harassed/assaulted while serving our country, Vanessa’s case has led to the hashtag, #IAmVanessaGuillen, trending. It is to raise awareness of victims of sexual harassment and assault in the military.
#IAmVanessaGuillen | Hashtag raises awareness of sexual assault and sexual harassment in the military

Additional info I read, from a link in the media thread, was that the search today was based on a tip. The following article mentions that as well as the different orgs and individuals, including a congresswoman, who have also joined in to amplify Vanessa’s case.
Tip leads to search for Vanessa Guillen near Leon River, officials say

I just wanted to express my gratitude that her family was deservingly given an amplified voice even while competing with all the other news that is 2020.

Last edited:
My default position is always to give LE the benefit of the doubt, unless they give me reason to doubt them.

Is it possible that CID is being dismissive of the family's concerns?
Yes.
It's possible.

Do I think that's actually the case here?
No.
I do not.

I'm not seeing or hearing anything different from LE in this case than I've seen from LE in other missing person cases I've followed.
Not one thing.

I think CID is working this investigation.
They do not want to jeopardize or compromise this investigation in any way.

I think this is case of the family's perception being their reality.
I think their perception is skewed right now, for a number of reasons.

First of all, they're in a highly charged emotional state, which as I said, is understandable.
But emotions cloud perception.

I don't think that the family's perception of LE is necessarily the reality here.

Additionally, right now, here in the States, there's a definite subset of the population that's heavily invested in fostering an anti-LE sentiment.

The narrative being pushed by that anti-establishment subset is that LEAs are the enemy.

What I'm seeing objectively from the outside looking in, is that VG's family is being used to advance that agenda.

I'm not hopping on board that bus.

JMO.

Do you think the military would actually take the lead, leaving the local police a bit more out of the loop? I think that might be the case. That would frustrate the local police, but it wouldn’t be something they could do anything about. Maybe whoever has talked with the family isn’t communicating that accurately. I have a strong personal distrust of police, with good reason. But, I’ve also been around the military and a military base. My experience is that the military tends to shut locals out when they investigate something. Maybe there’s some miscommunication with the family? Regardless, if my family member is missing, and there’s not a lot of public msm and awareness, I’m going to swing from the rafters screaming until I’m accurately told wth is going on, no matter if I have to do that 5 minutes or 5 decades. Military bases are shifty af, but I guess that’s true for anywhere at all these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irennnnn