TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018 #2

Worth Reading: Article by James Gabarino, PHD, Child Psychologis- on "Listening
to Killers"
Regarding young murderers, he says there are risk factors that combine to create
a "generation of maladjusted children". These risk factors include:

- Exceedingly High Rates of FAMILY VIOLENCE
- DIVORCE
- Coronary disease
- Depression and tension
- Exposure to TRAUMA
- High Pressure Socio-Political Climate

Listening to killers

Another good article by the same child psych. above. He says the pattern for young boys
showing aggression and potential violence is apparent in as young as 8 yr. old boys.
It all started with "Parenting"- abuse, neglect, rejection and grew from there as the
boy got older.

Lost Boys: Why our sons turn to violence and how we can save them

Well trained dogs of sound mind, are VERY well behaved!

The fear of dogs factor is an issue which could be covered by having the dogs located outside. Better chance of them smelling, seeing, and stopping the shooter before he enters the school.

Allergies are a bigger issue, but again, the dogs kept outside would eliminate much of the problem.

At least it’s a start of a solution.

Best 3 dogs to choose:

German Shepherd

Rottweiler

Doberman

Airports have trained dogs. TSA requires them. So if they are properly trained so could a school.

Airports have trained dogs. TSA requires them. So if they are properly trained so could a school.

Plus, wouldn't dogs be working in a capacity with a armed security human partner? Obviously, the human partner would be trained with dogs, too? Wondering if a solution like that is more expeditious and cost effective than some other security solutions like fitting out large schools...

To me it is crazy to thinkmof all of these solution and not pour money into schools for how to deal with students in loving and proactive ways. The info is out there.

As far as dogs and TSA, I have been selected by a dog. Not sure why. It is fun to have everyone look at you.

The dog sits next to you while you stand. The handler tells you to not move.

I forget what happened to be released from the dog, but I went to an area for additional screening.

Most passengers are not trying to kill. Different than a school shooter.

The dogs would have to have handlers and the shooter would have to be compliant.

Then there are the fake alerts like me

New Sandy Hook school opens nearly 4 years after massacre

Visitors will need to pass through a driveway gate, across a moat-like rain garden and past two police officers and a video monitoring system to get inside. Once there, they'll find 86,000 square feet of art-filled space with three courtyards, lots of windows (all bulletproof) and indoor nooks designed to look like treehouses.

The new school, funded by a state grant, has numerous safety features. Its ground floor is elevated, making it harder to see inside classrooms from the outside. It has been landscaped to ensure anyone approaching is visible to those inside.

New Sandy Hook school opens nearly 4 years after massacre

---
The new Sandy Hook elementary school is like a dream. It took four years and a $50 million dollar state grant to rebuild. That's one school.

One of the most difficult problems is in figuring out security solutions, state by state, and how to fund it; taxpayers, state grants, federal grants? The disparity of wealth and resources varies tremendously. Even in the wealthiest states it varies tremendously. Affluent communities with a high real estate tax base can afford to upgrade, rebuild, or expand. Others are left in the dust with no resources in antiquated buildings.

It's a monumental task evaluating the security needs of all public schools across a country as large as America. Urban vs rural needs. And the time it will take to do this and implement solutions is equally daunting.

And what are people to do in the interim? Live in terror? It just not simple.

Certain states have stricter laws, others do not. Certain states will arm the teachers, others will not. Certain places have armed security, others do not. Certain districts can afford to bullet proof, others cannot.

I do believe this issue will become a much larger constituent focus from the very top all the way down to each community, if we do not get some sensible action and accountability solutions soon. Imo.

^^^re: new Sandyhook school - I wonder how parents of children at other schools, and the children, feel knowing there is this one super-safe school, but none of that extra protection at their schools.

Was it really the best use of those resources to create one single elementary school with so much protection?

Maybe its like the concept cars they feature at car shows, except for schools.

^^^re: new Sandyhook school - I wonder how parents of children at other schools, and the children, feel knowing there is this one super-safe school, but none of that extra protection at their schools.

Was it really the best use of those resources to create one single elementary school with so much protection?

Maybe its like the concept cars they feature at car shows, except for schools.

Excellent points, Jinks...

Let's put it this way, this is not a down-trodden community.

They never pretended to be.

But, the new school is like a blueprint. And that's what I m will hoping will happen.

Forget the hate, and concentrate on the,future...

Xoxo
Rose

Great article... Enelram.

Wondering if a dog, beloved by so many kids, non threatening might be of service not only on the comforting front, but on the guard gun/bomb front?

Both are needed, IMO.

I saw an amazing documentary on a dog's capabilities.

--Scent miles away. It's astonishing in their training to find the living in a catastrophe. Equally, with bombs.

I've worked in a few offices with resident dogs and I can testify to the unbridled happiness of being greeted by a wagging tail first thing in the morning. There is nothing like it. --Little Fluffy, or Wolfy, makes your day.

Maybe kids need both. Guard and comfort.

There would also be the additional trauma of seeing our beloved furry friends getting murdered - I cant imagine witnessing that.

Have to be frank from what it seems this generation spends a lot of time shooting machine guns at homosapians -- happily they (as far as I know ) not come out with a game doing the same for canines.

Movie tv show humans getting shot endlessly

I think seeing a doggie getting killed would be very horrid

A big super game was suppossed to be reasleased on June 6 where one could spend hours shooting up the school of your fancy.

The response by the public was , lets say KA BOOM so hopefully it wont come out

I saw a clip of it on news -- its disgusting

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...7k1j0i20i263k1j0i20i263i264k1.121.P70jsdJvR3Q

Last edited:
Parents of Pakistani exchange student killed in Texas school shooting sue suspect's parents

11/28/18

"The parents of a Pakistani exchange student killed during a school shooting in Santa Fe, Texas, filed a lawsuit against the suspected shooter’s parents on Wednesday.

Sabika Sheikh was one of 10 people killed in May after 17-year-old Dimitrios Pagourtzis allegedly opened fire inside Santa Fe High School.

Her parents, Abdul Aziz and Farah Naz, filed suit against Pagourtzis’s parents, alleging they “negligently and irresponsibly stored their firearms so their son could access them.”

The lawsuit also claims that the Pagourtzis family ignored warning signs showing their teenager was a risk to others, including his fascination with the Columbine High School shooting....

Pagourtzis was taken into custody shortly after the shooting and charged with capital murder."

Parents of Pakistani exchange student killed in Texas school shooting sue suspect's parents

sheikhsabika_everytown_112818.png

Suit against Pagourtzis’s parents

https://everytownresearch.org/documents/2018/11/sabika-aziz-shekh-intervention.pdf
-------------------------------

'Unbearable grief': Pakistani parents of Santa Fe school shooting victim warn of gun culture in US (with clip)

Nov. 28, 2018

"When Sabika Aziz Sheikh’s parents sent her to the United States as an exchange student from their native Pakistan in August 2017, they saw the opportunity as a step forward in her pursuit of a career in business.

They never envisioned those dreams ending at the hands of a gunman in her school, and now they want other parents to avoid the immeasurable sorrow they continue to experience.

Sheikh was one of 10 people – eight students and two teachers – killed in the May 18 shooting at Santa Fe High School outside Houston. On Wednesday, her parents – Abdul Aziz and Farah Naz – joined six other families in a lawsuit against the parents of suspected shooter Dimitrios Pagourtzis...."

'Unbearable grief': Pakistani parents of Santa Fe school shooting victim warn of gun culture in US

3496981_1280x720.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lawyer of teen suspect in Santa Fe HS shooting: We need to learn from tragedy (with clip)

SANTA FE, Texas (KTRK) -- The trial for accused Santa Fe High School shooter, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, is expected to happen in 2019, according to his defense attorney, Nick Poehl.

In the meantime, Pagourtzis remains in solitary confinement at the Galveston County Jail, where he is undergoing evaluations...

A behavioral psychologist hired by the defense is now evaluating the accused school shooter.

"There is testing that goes to cognitive, behavioral and mental health issues," Poehl mentions.

Apart from investigating his social media accounts and internet browsing history, his attorney says they are now examining the teen's physiology....

The psychologist is also evaluating if the teen will be able to stand trial.

Prosecutors will also be using their own expert psychologist to evaluate Pagourtzis sometime in the new year.

Behavioral psychiatrist analyzing Santa Fe HS accused shooter
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Santa Fe HS massacre suspect wants trial moved (with clip)

January 08, 2019

"SANTA FE, Texas (KTRK) -- The defense team for Dimitrios Pagourtzis has filed a change of venue request on behalf of their client, who is charged with the May 2018 school shooting at Santa Fe High School....

The case is currently assigned to Judge John Ellisor in the 122nd District Court in Galveston County....

Judge Ellisor will make the ruling on whether or not to grant the request.

On January 28th, defendant Dimitrios Pagourtzis will walk into a courtroom for the first time since the school shooting.

Poehl tells Eyewitness News the case is expected to go to trial sometime towards the end of 2019."

Santa Fe HS massacre suspect wants trial moved
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Attorneys for accused Santa Fe High School shooter cite media coverage, Facebook comments as reason for venue change

January 22, 2019

"GALVESTON — Attorneys for Dimitrios Pagourtzis, the student accused of killing 10 and wounding 13 during a shooting rampage at Santa Fe High School last May, cited “pervasive” and “factually baseless” media coverage as contributing to a local prejudice that would hinder Pagourtzis’ chances of receiving a fair trial in Galveston County.

In the defense’s arguments for a trial venue change filed Tuesday, Nick Poehl, one of three attorneys representing Pagourtzis, argued that the pretrial publicity of the May 18 shooting and its aftermath has contributed to “intrusive publicity” that has generated feelings within the local community that go beyond the families, friends, and neighbors of the victims...."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-...for-accused-Santa-Fe-High-School-13553760.php
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Survivors and victims' families attend emotional hearing as suspected Santa Fe HS shooter appears in court

January 28, 2019

"GALVESTON, Texas (KTRK) -- The teen charged in the deadly shooting at Santa Fe High School was back in court for the first time in six months.

Dimitrios Pagourtzis appeared via video conference for a hearing at 10:30 a.m. He wore a dark blue jail uniform and his wrists were handcuffed. Pagourtzis was expressionless. At one point, he lowered his head into his hands.

Seated in the front two rows of the courtroom were survivors and families of victims. Some of them wore "Santa Fe Strong" t-shirts....

When Pagourtzis appeared on the projection screen, several people were moved to tears. One woman was so emotional, she ran out of the courtroom.

Monday was a status conference in which the judge, prosecutors and defense discussed setting future pre-trial hearings and trial dates.

Pagourtzis' attorneys say they are waiting on evidence from federal officials: the teen's computer and computers owned by some of his family members....

The judge has yet to determine if Pagourtzis' trial should be moved out of Galveston County.

Prosecutors say they'll respond to the filing by Friday, Feb. 1."

Survivors face alleged teen shooter in emotional hearing

3499110_1280x720.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prosecutors argue against moving Santa Fe shooting suspect's trial

February 01, 2019

"SANTA FE, Texas - Galveston County prosecutors responded Friday to a motion by defense attorneys for a change of venue in the case of a Santa Fe high school student accused of killing his classmates and educators.

Last month, attorneys for Dimitrios Pagourtzis requested their client’s trial be moved out of Galveston County because “the amount of publicity generated by the instant case has been so great that it has produced so much prejudice in the community that the likelihood of the Defendant receiving a fair and impartial trial is doubtful.”

Prosecutors filed a 30-page response to that motion, arguing pretrial publicity has not tainted the jury pool and the process for selecting jurors would weed out anyone with bias...."

A judge will set a hearing on the motion in the next couple of weeks. Pagourtzis remains in solitary confinement in the Galveston County jail...."

Prosecutors argue against moving Santa Fe shooting suspect's trial
---

Venue Change Brief (10 pages)

https://media.click2houston.com/doc...hange Brief_1549053353980_18415810_ver1.0.pdf
---

Venue Response (55 pages)

https://media.click2houston.com/doc...ue Response_1549053086919_18415807_ver1.0.pdf
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cries heard as Santa Fe mass shooting suspect appears in court for hearing

February 25, 2019

"ANTA FE, Texas - A judge will rule later this week on whether the trial of the accused Santa Fe shooter will be moved out of Galveston County.

The hearing for the accused Santa Fe High School shooter, Dimitrios Pagourtzis, took place on Monday.

Pagourtzis' attorneys are pushing for a change of venue because they believe he can’t get a fair trial in Galveston County.

This was the first time the families of the victims saw Pagourtzis in person. Sonia Lopez’s daughter, Sarah, was wounded in the deadly attack. While in the courtroom, Sonia Lopez said she had hoped Pagourtzis would show signs of remorse but that she saw none. ..

Another hearing in the case is set for May 10."

Cries heard as Santa Fe mass shooting suspect appears in court for hearing
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watch: Raw video: Santa Fe shooting suspect in court, attorney requests change of trial venue

February 25, 2019

Raw video: Santa Fe shooting suspect in court, attorney requests change of trial venue
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back