GUILTY TX - Police stage murders to catch couple who hired hitman - Feb 2017

Discussion in 'Recently Sentenced and Beyond' started by CoverMeCagney, Mar 28, 2017.

1. seattlechiquita

seattlechiquita Well-Known Member

My first husband was a huge jackass. YUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE -lol- but that doesn't mean I am going to have him murdered, wth. And mind you, I don't consider myself a particularly lovely person. This woman effed up, and then, like any coward, offed herself instead of being an adult and facing the music. Good riddance.

As for loverboy, I can't wait to see him in orange jumpsuit when he goes to trial.

2. dizzychick

dizzychick Well-Known Member

Im holding off on judging this woman on the hit man deal, the news has not said exactly how this came about other than they went to the Olive Grden to plan the deal. It sounded about as corny as the Texas Cheerleader case, I did read it WAS the boyfriend who wanted to have this hit man hold down his ex girlfriend so he could inject her with potassium, which having been to med school he learned that will cause what would appear to be a heart attack. I do not know how much of this plan was her idea or his doing. I read she wouldnt look at the pic the cop tried to show her of her dead ex. The entire thing just sounds like something the boyfriend would do, she was a big fool for choosing to hang with him and possibly select the same type for a husband.

There was a custody battle but they didnt say who won, just that he was given 2 million or so in assets.

Dahlia Dipilito was a hooker/gold digger LOL

3. BayouBelle_LA

BayouBelle_LA Well-Known Member

What happened to her? I skimmed over the divorce petition and I didn't see anything egregious. Adultery is a tale as old as time and certainly no reason for murder.

Sure she had to hand over some money and a house (they owned more than one). She got to keep a house and her business (physical property) that they owned together. Without knowing every detail I don't think anyone here can say the settlement was unfair and again no justification for murder.

4. dizzychick

I am not justifying her actions in this matter I simply have compassion for what her life must have been like that would lead her to follow along with such a stupid crime. Surely she had to be smarter than to fall for such nonsense this is what intriques me about this case. How does a popular likable woman with a great career choose men like Jacob and then actually think this hit man was a good idea or that it would even work out had it been a real hit man? Something went terribly wrong with her thought process or maybe being so traumatized played some part, we just dont know yet. I hope we get to find out as I bet this loverboy will not go down w/o a fight and I can hear it now " it was all her idea" since she is dead and cant defend herself.

I have zero compassion for Dahlia she was a gold digger looking for a big pay out. This woman I think was the total opposite.

5. flourish

flourish Now With 30% More Emo

Is the part which justifies murder-for-hire included?

6. darring21

darring21 Well-Known Member

National Post Article

As I read the divorce claims, she claimed he had an affair and then asked the judge to restrict certain behaviors (like destroying joint assets). Implying that he had done that but not accusing. And this is only her side of the case, what did his claims say? The ex may have been a jerk but we don't know that.

7. dizzychick

8. AmyPond

AmyPond Well-Known Member

I just cannot find any compassion for this woman. And I am a bit shocked anyone else can. I am just sad for her family....especially her daughter.

I suppose if one has compassion for her and how she ended up in this situation, they should probably have compassion for the boyfriend and how he ended up in the state of mind to want his ex-girlfriend dead.

9. Lilibet

Lilibet Well-Known Member

BBM

Assuming that "what was going on in her life" led her to follow her boyfriend in this plot is the same as making excuses and justifying what she did. Assuming that "something went terribly wrong with her thought process or maybe being so traumatized played some part" is the same as making excuses and justifying her behavior with totally hypothetical possibilities that have no bearing on what she did. At this point, all the information we have about her life or possible trauma is a one-sided petition for divorce not unlike millions of similar petitions. What you are talking about are points that are used in mitigation before sentencing, not in deciding her guilt or innocence.

When being "intrigued" by what caused her to do this evil deed crosses over into "compassion" and made-up excuses for her behavior, it becomes a serious problem on a true crime forum IMO. We may be "intrigued" by what makes killers tick, but we side with the victim here. We don't turn the murderer into a victim without much more information than we have in this case. Gypsy Rose Blanchard (mentioned above) was, in fact, both a tragic victim and a murderer. But there was no justification for taking her sleeping mother's life as some on WS maintained. It is that attitude of justification for cold-blooded murder for any reason that I will continue to protest.

There are plenty of smart, popular women who get involved with people like Jacob for many reasons. I expect that low self esteem plays a part, but they don't plot to murder their ex. We have absolutely no evidence that he coerced or forced her to plot to kill her husband. According to the undercover cop, she was a willing and active participant in the meeting at the Olive Garden. There is a huge difference between killing someone in self-defense or even in the heat of the moment vs plotting a hit and describing how you want it done and paying a hit man to do it. I'm falling to understand why this difference is unclear and why she deserves justification and compassion.

I will save my compassion for the potential victims...her ex, her daughter and his family as well as her family and friends.

JMO, MOO

Pipsissiway_Potts likes this.
  10. Wyle_E_Coyote

Wyle_E_Coyote Northern Virginia

Well, she accuses him of adultery and fraud. Not sure how someone can commit fraud against a community estate that they are half owner in (Texas is a community property state, I believe) and there is no detail or explanation backing up that accusation.

All of the rest of the items listed as part of the restraining order request are not actually things she is accusing him of, I presume these are a standard laundry list used by her lawyer to head off any possible incivility.

And, really, when it comes to divorces, I would generally presume there's at least some skewing of the truth... not like no one ever lied or made false accusations during a divorce.

And, you know, given that whole murder thing, it wouldn't surprise me if she lied.

After all, we have zero evidence that any of her accusations against her husband are true. There's plenty of evidence that she plotted his murder.

Shades of Terri Harmon... imo.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

11. dizzychick

I saw the bond hearing and unless I heard wrong the cops failed to record this meeting at the Olive Garden. Hated to hear that now unless other evidence is uncovered we have to go by the cops word on what went down and who said what. Some other news site said something about Jacob having a meeting with the cop and then after their chat about his ex he told him he wanted to discuss another job, so at least at this point it was loverboy doing all the talking. I gathered Valerie was not at this meeting.

Valerie has paid the ultimate price for her foolish participation. That gives me a hint at how overwhelmed she must have felt.

12. fred&edna

fred&edna Well-Known Member

13. Lilibet

Links to bond hearing information please. Otherwise it's rumor. Thanks.

ETA: Since posting, I have watched every video and read every article I could find about the bond hearing, and there is no mention of the cop failing to record the Olive Garden conversation. We need a link.

http://abc13.com/news/judge-denies-bond-for-murder-for-hire-suspect/1822274/

http://www.khou.com/news/crime/city...f-police-about-murder-for-hire-plot/426598760

http://abc13.com/news/judge-denies-bond-for-murder-for-hire-suspect/1822274/

I can't get this one to play. Perhaps someone else can give it a listen.
    http://www.click2houston.com/video/leon-jacob-court-raw-video

See also videos I posted about the city councilman.

14. Lilibet

A city councilman is the one who tipped off the police about Jacob.

In the latest twist to a case that has made international headlines, an investigator said Wednesday that Houston City Councilman Michael Kubosh - a professional bail bondsman - alerted police to an alleged murder-for-hire plot involving a prominent Montrose veterinarian and her boyfriend scheming to kill their exes.
    Kubosh, who supplied the bail bond on a stalking charge for Leon Phillip Jacob, told police in February that he was troubled by Jacob's comments about the case, Harris County district attorney investigator Jimmy Turpin said in court.

The councilman said after the hearing that he believed Jacob was asking for help in a covert plan to eliminate the witness against him.
    "He told me that he paid somebody quite a bit of money to take care of this matter," Kubosh said. "I felt like he was trying to implicate me in something."
    Kubosh, who has been a councilman since 2013, became alarmed and contacted Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo.

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/new...ncilman-Kubosh-alerted-police-to-11037793.php

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...ed-in-murder-for-hire-plot-wants-11034106.php

15. PrimeSuspect

PrimeSuspect Under the Milky Way

I don't know if McDaniel is a sociopath but I think she cultivated an image that appeared perfect and was proven to be false. If she thought her ex was harmful to her daughter, why leave her to him by exiting the scene permanently? Everything she threw at her ex is nothing compared to what he had on her, how humiliating.

The shame and embarrassment must have been unbearable. First, the perfect marriage is ruined by her ex cheating on her, then he's awarded half or thereabouts of the money/assets in the divorce and finally, loser boyfriend talks her into making their 'annoyances' disappear.

Jacobs and McDaniel are control freaks imo. McD chose to end her own life instead of taking responsibility for her actions and beg forgiveness from her daughter while serving out her sentence. Killing herself doesn't exonerate her.

I don't feel compassion for her, afaik, the bond between the pair was never about love and companionship but built on seeking revenge and reclaiming what's theirs. :no: JMO

16. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

Murder-for-hire suspect to stay in jail, trial date set for December - July 12th

Man accused in murder for hire plot talks to KHOU's Len Cannon

Leon Jacob, accused of trying to hire a hitman to kill his ex, claims entrapment - July 12th

Motion for judge's recusal in Leon Jacob's murder-for-hire case denied - June 8th

City councilman speaks about tipping off police in murder-for-hire plot - April 5th

17. JusticeWillBeServed

JusticeWillBeServed Well-Known Member

'I didn't want to hurt him,' Valerie McDaniel says in message she shared - April 4th

Veterinarian's friends left to ponder why after suicide - April 8th

18. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

Thanks for the updates JusticeWillBeServed!

19. Gardener1850

Gardener1850 Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)

20. Gardenista

Gardenista Well-Known Member

Here's the episode about the case from last night

[video=youtube;HGXTzx4tXno]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGXTzx4tXno[/video]