Identified! TX - Potter Co, WhtFem 55UFTX, 16-30, along hwy, Oct'83 - Bambi Dick

From The Doe Network case file description:

(My Bold)

I'm wondering if she ran off to get married on a whim and then found out too late that the person she married was anything but kind and loving.
Jewelry: She was wearing three rings on her fingers: a gold, diamond friendship or promise ring; a size 7, wedding band, that had been wrapped with a band aid to fit the victim's size 5 finger; and a gold ring with a red garnet or ruby birthstone and a diamond chip on the side.

Yes I saw that too...

But Im wondering whether it was the sick SOB That did this to her ? that he placed it on her finger and bandaided it on ?

And which ring finger was it on ?

But she also had a friendship / promise ring

That makes me think that she already had a *beau* and that she was abducted by some pyschopath that wanted to make her *his*

I feel kind of funny because of her family being here as well, becaues I want to make comments of other things in the report about what happend to Jane doe but I am not sure what the etiquette is ?

Hi Everyone,You as us all are trying to figure out what could have happen to Bambi.How she got to Texas?Who got her there and why do what you did to her.I know some of you want to make comments on things you have read.Please due.We read all of what you have to say and like us have many questions that probably will never get answers to.If we can answer anything we will.We are trying to keep this alive for we are hoping to get the DNA back as a match then the police can open a full investigation and hopefully bring her killer to justice.I hope the person who did this realizes it's only a matter of time and the police will find you.We appreciate all your heart felt thoughts for our family.This is extremely hard on us all.Thank You.Lorie

Paul and Lorie, I am so sorry for your family but I hope that if Bambi has been found then whoever is responsible can be made to pay for what he did.

I wonder if Bambi might have inherited the too-large wedding ring from an older family member or if she bought it as estate jewelry or even found it. Like Jane said, if she didn't have it on her left ring finger it might not have had the significance of a wedding ring. Are they even sure it was a wedding band versus a regular gold ring since there's no mention of a diamond setting? (Not that all wedding bands have diamonds; mine doesn't.)

Over time gold acquires that "worn" look and it would be interesting to find out if the wedding band looked brand new or like someone had worn it for years.

Yes I saw that too...

But Im wondering whether it was the sick SOB That did this to her ? that he placed it on her finger and bandaided it on ?

And which ring finger was it on ?

But she also had a friendship / promise ring

That makes me think that she already had a *beau* and that she was abducted by some pyschopath that wanted to make her *his*

I feel kind of funny because of her family being here as well, becaues I want to make comments of other things in the report about what happend to Jane doe but I am not sure what the etiquette is ?

I agree, especially since we have no real confirmation yet. I started the speculation, but I think I'll hush about any further speculation until we know something for sure, and then we'll see how much help the family wants, perhaps? I, too, am lost on the etiquette in a case like this. Thoughts, anyone?

Hi Everyone,You as us all are trying to figure out what could have happen to Bambi.How she got to Texas?Who got her there and why do what you did to her.I know some of you want to make comments on things you have read.Please due.We read all of what you have to say and like us have many questions that probably will never get answers to.If we can answer anything we will.We are trying to keep this alive for we are hoping to get the DNA back as a match then the police can open a full investigation and hopefully bring her killer to justice.I hope the person who did this realizes it's only a matter of time and the police will find you.We appreciate all your heart felt thoughts for our family.This is extremely hard on us all.Thank You.Lorie

Hi Lori

Thank you so much ((((hugs))))

How many of the rings are familiar to you and Bambi's family?

Did she go with a Beau that night to the concert ? or meet one ? or with girls ?

I know you've read the Jane Doe report and it must be awful.. but what I wanted to ask the other posters was about the dragging of the body..
What was with that ?
Jane doe wasnt sexually assaulted although i believe she had some clothes missing ?

Was she strangled before or after being dragged and why was she dragged?

From reading the article I'm thinking it was cancelled 'automatically' by LE when she would have turned 18. Things were very different 25 years ago in regards to missing persons and she would have been an adult at 18, missing of her own free will and not a runaway. It just makes me wonder how many other missing people's reports were cancelled and are not listed anywhere.Her parents, now in their 80's, are probably not aware of all the resources available on the internet. I'm glad her brother put her information on NAMPN.
This is just so sad, but maybe at least now her family will know what happened.

I completely agree. I am sure there are so many missing person reports that were canceled or so many that were brushed aside because they were thought to be runaways. That would certainly help explain why there are SO many UIDs in this country! This is such a sad case. My heart breaks for the family.

It certainly seems that a match has been made, only awaiting the dna confirmation.
I want to say that it is wonderful that several people made the same connection that the unidentified person could be Bambi.
So many years of waiting and wondering. Now the family knows.
And to the family: What a wonderful generous kind decision to leave Bambi in her final resting place. Amarillo cared for her when you did not know.
Blessings for your family, for law enforcement, for those that search so tirelessly to find the missing.

Hi everyone.Let's see what I can answer you.The rings.One could be the birthstone ring that we gave her on her 14th birthday.The other ring the wedding band one we just found out my father-in-law went looking for his which he's not looked for for years because he's had no reason to cause it didn't fit ,is missing.So that may be what Bambi was wearing.She did not go with a boyfriend to the concert.It was a girl friend who's story changed many times after Bambi went missing.Bambi's so called boyfriend moved to Texas before she had gone missing.He lost his job up in Iowa and moved with family down in Texas.No one seems to know how she would have gotten down there or why without her things.The biggest thing was her glasses.She knew she was to only leave her new contacts in for 8 hours then change to her glasses.She didn't have these with her and she needs them for she's legally blind.She can't see really nothing without those glasses.So why run and not take at least them.Alot of questions go unanswered.We may never know all the answers.Any thing we can try to answer we will.I know we all keep wondering how and why this happen.We have seen a postmortum picture the police sent to us that we feelis truly Bambi.Everything fits to her.It was extremely hard to view that picture but we need to try and help identify her.The police officer who is working so hard on this said that the DNA is what they need so to open a full investigation.That DNA could take months.She was hoping to get it expedited but I quess you have to be someone famous to have that done.I wish they would look at that we have waited 25 years and would feel for the family to get this done and move on to bring her murder to justice.I will let you know if we get any word.Thank You all for your words of comfort.My mother and father -in-law don't have a computer so at night I read them your words.It's alot of comfort to them that Bambi means so much to people who never even knew her.Thank You. Lorie

Hi everyone.Let's see what I can answer you.The rings.One could be the birthstone ring that we gave her on her 14th birthday.The other ring the wedding band one we just found out my father-in-law went looking for his which he's not looked for for years because he's had no reason to cause it didn't fit ,is missing.So that may be what Bambi was wearing.She did not go with a boyfriend to the concert.It was a girl friend who's story changed many times after Bambi went missing.Bambi's so called boyfriend moved to Texas before she had gone missing.He lost his job up in Iowa and moved with family down in Texas.No one seems to know how she would have gotten down there or why without her things.The biggest thing was her glasses.She knew she was to only leave her new contacts in for 8 hours then change to her glasses.She didn't have these with her and she needs them for she's legally blind.She can't see really nothing without those glasses.So why run and not take at least them.Alot of questions go unanswered.We may never know all the answers.Any thing we can try to answer we will.I know we all keep wondering how and why this happen.We have seen a postmortum picture the police sent to us that we feelis truly Bambi.Everything fits to her.It was extremely hard to view that picture but we need to try and help identify her.The police officer who is working so hard on this said that the DNA is what they need so to open a full investigation.That DNA could take months.She was hoping to get it expedited but I quess you have to be someone famous to have that done.I wish they would look at that we have waited 25 years and would feel for the family to get this done and move on to bring her murder to justice.I will let you know if we get any word.Thank You all for your words of comfort.My mother and father -in-law don't have a computer so at night I read them your words.It's alot of comfort to them that Bambi means so much to people who never even knew her.Thank You. Lorie
Hi, Lorie!!!

You and Paul are being very brave to post and share information, and I want to thank you. Is the DNA being sent to the University of Texas do you know? See if you can find out where it is being processed. Maybe a few sleuthers around WS have a connection that might help speed it along...no promises but you never know. Peace, Believe09

Oh you asked whether Bambi was stranggled before she was dragged.We understand she was.She didn't have a shirt on or her shoes nor had they ever been found.She had not been sexually assaulted we understand. Why she was dragged we don't know except maybe the person needed to try to hide her and to get to the culvert they had to drag her.It's just awful to know she went through something like that.I am sorry to come back on but I realized I didn't answer all your questions.Sorry. Lorie

The police told us there is only one place in Texas where this type of DNA is done.She didn't say where thou.She called the DNA Mitochondrial.That only one place in Texas does these.Thank You for wanting to help. Lorie

Dear Lorie
Thanks so much for answering the questions regarding the Ring
Do they still have those effects ? the police I mean

Could you look at them to establish if they were hers ? could they take a photo and send it to you

In regards to the

It was a girl friend who's story changed many times after Bambi went missing.Bambi's so called boyfriend moved to Texas before she had gone missing.He lost his job up in Iowa and moved with family down in Texas.

What did you mean about the girlfriends story changing ? maybe she could be reinterviewed, although I am sure that if JD is identified as Bambi the gf will be

When you say so called boyfriend was he a bit of a loser of something ?

Do you think he could have done this ?

I hope and pray for speedy results for you and the family

(((hugs)))

The police told us there is only one place in Texas where this type of DNA is done.She didn't say where thou.She called the DNA Mitochondrial.That only one place in Texas does these.Thank You for wanting to help. Lorie

Thanks-then the sample is likely being sent to the University of Texas. They are the absolute best, so it is worth the wait. Still, maybe, just maybe, we can get it going a little faster...who knows.

I bet law enforcement for both Bambi and the unidentified young lady are completely re-energized by all of this. I am all for taking a back seat while it unfolds rather than hammering you with questions....jmo.

Hi Lori. My apologies that you and your family are experiencing such hard times right now. I hope you find answers and can put Bambi to rest.

I just wanted to comment that I believe they do this testing here in the Dallas Texas area.

I also wanted to add that at the following link, the wedding band is described to be a MAN'S wedding band, with tape on the back. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U8607007

Hi Lori. My apologies that you and your family are experiencing such hard times right now. I hope you find answers and can put Bambi to rest.

I just wanted to comment that I believe they do this testing here in the Dallas Texas area.

I also wanted to add that at the following link, the wedding band is described to be a MAN'S wedding band, with tape on the back. http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U8607007

EXCELLENT Find NewMommy - That fits with what Lorie Says too....

Dear Lorie, please let us know if you feel like you are being *hammered* with questions , I for one certainly wouldn't want to be doing that to you...

(((((hugs)))))

Paul and Lorie,

My condolences to you and your family. Such a long and, I can only imagine, agonizing wait to find your sister and daughter. Thank you both so much for having the courage to come here and share Bambi's story - and yours. Please know that we will do whatever we can to help your family in your quest to find peace for Bambi and hopefully to find her killer. From what you have shared with us, I do hope LE is re-questioning the "friend" whose story changed so many times as well as the "so-called" boyfriend that had moved to TX. I don't believe it's a coincidence that Bambi wound up in Texas and I feel quite certain her friend knows exactly how she got there and why. Poor little baby. It warms my heart to know that the people of Amarillo cared so much for her and have continued to do so for all these years. There are still more good folks than bad!

Paul and Lorie,

My condolences to you and your family. Such a long and, I can only imagine, agonizing wait to find your sister and daughter. Thank you both so much for having the courage to come here and share Bambi's story - and yours. Please know that we will do whatever we can to help your family in your quest to find peace for Bambi and hopefully to find her killer. From what you have shared with us, I do hope LE is re-questioning the "friend" whose story changed so many times as well as the "so-called" boyfriend that had moved to TX. I don't believe it's a coincidence that Bambi wound up in Texas and I feel quite certain her friend knows exactly how she got there and why. Poor little baby. It warms my heart to know that the people of Amarillo cared so much for her and have continued to do so for all these years. There are still more good folks than bad!

(My bold)

I most definitely agree. The friend was a kid then but a grown-up now. Perhaps the years have "cleared up" her memory and she can remember the real story.

(My bold)

I most definitely agree. The friend was a kid then but a grown-up now. Perhaps the years have "cleared up" her memory and she can remember the real story.

Yup and I posted the same sentiment previously...Its way too *coincedental just as fairy said

What did you mean about the girlfriends story changing ? maybe she could be reinterviewed, although I am sure that if JD is identified as Bambi the gf will be

When you say so called boyfriend was he a bit of a loser of something ?

Do you think he could have done this ?

I totally agree that the girlfriend knows how she ended up in Texas, and I really think the "boyfriend" needs to be found and interviewed ASAP!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pag2507
Back