TX TX - Prisma Denisse Peralta Reyes, 26, did not pick up her child, Mesquite, 17 Apr 2019 #3

JnRyan, immediately previous post, said:
From the article:
"A security camera outside of the apartment
block captured the last known sighting of Reyes."

That 'article' was in the 'The Sun', a British Tabloid
newspaper not known for accuracy or truthfullness;

indicolite22 previous several posts asserts;
"It's unclear to me when in the timeline that
last video of her was taken"...

Well it's clear to me, because I cited the actual
video report
by WFAA, a Texas television station
serving the Dallas–Fort Worth area and affiliated
to the American Broadcasting Corporation, in
which Mesquite Detective Barrett
'walks us through
the videos', and we see and hear therein;
Code:
https://youtu.be/SbMjZk5bp1E
Det. Barrett stating after about timestamp 01:50;
..."camera on this side pointing down this ramp,"
{Det. Barrett indicates vehicle ramp in frame}
"but she walks underneath it"...{interviewer goes on
to say} ..."then she just disappears off the face of
the earth
", {Det. Barrett makes the reply}, "Yes".

Therefore (unless you want to make the claim
that WFAA falsely edited or misrepresented Det.
Barrett's words) the BEST, up-to-date information
we have to work with is that she was LAST SEEN
walking in that shown video, in that area where
vehicles drive
, walking underneath a vehicle ramp,
(and equivocating about how 'she wasn't seen walking
up or down a specific ramp' fails to acknowledge the
BEST, up-to-date information we have, that she was
LAST SEEN in that area where vehicles drive).
The Sun article is quoting the detective in charge of Prisma's case. They spoke with him directly.

@indicolite22
Please reread the Sun article.
The phrase ->A security camera outside of the
apartment block captured the last known
sighting of Reyes
<- IS NOT represented as a
quote of Detective Barrett by the Sun newspaper,
unlike other words from their communication
with him, as evidenced by the lack of quotation
marks for that particular phrase, and as evidenced
by the use of quotation marks for other words he
DID say.

At best, I believe that phrase can be regarded as
The Sun's summation of something he said, IMO,
poorly worded by The Sun (remember what I said
in previous posts about accuracy?), as it's doubtful
Det. Barrett would phrase it that way as that
phrasing gives the impression a camera nearby
outside the apartment block (property) saw her,
which we know is not the case.

Regardless of what you or I believe, the BEST, up-
to-date information we have to work with is that
she was LAST SEEN walking in that immediately
previous posts' cited video, in that area where
vehicles drive
, walking underneath that vehicle
ramp.

I hope they took the tip seriously that someone called in a bit ago
I called it in about a month ago, but they just said "thanks" and I haven't heard anything listed since. I hope they look into into it and can list her as an exclusion at least. It's driving me crazy, because I think there is a good chance that it is Prisma.

I called it in about a month ago, but they just said "thanks" and I haven't heard anything listed since. I hope they look into into it and can list her as an exclusion at least. It's driving me crazy, because I think there is a good chance that it is Prisma.
Would you be able to confirm that they're actually following through? Wouldn't be the first time a good tip was ignored.

That is a good summary of Prisma's case. I wonder who are the two other women who reportedly went missing from the same area after Prisma. Also, IMO the possiblity that Prisma was a victim of a random perpetrator, due to her vulnerable state, can't be excluded. In that case the perpetrator is likely connected with the building. Her ex moving out quickly is suspicious, but maybe they weren't as back together as she thought and he didn't care about her going missing, because he was in another relationship.

I don't see anything about the NAMUS number here?

Sorry, it's not been named her but suuuure looks like her. Someone called it in apparently, but been no word yet on if they've found any information out. Hopefully the detectives or whomever looks into those things does and it's not sitting in a pile on a desk somewhere. Seems to be such a backlog everywhere, how long does it take to identify someone if there's DNA these days? Not long.. but how long is the back log..Imo also lots of times the face molding doesn't look like the person that's been found after they've been named, but this is pretty close to what prisma looks like imo.. their family deserves closure

Sorry, it's not been named her but suuuure looks like her. Someone called it in apparently, but been no word yet on if they've found any information out. Hopefully the detectives or whomever looks into those things does and it's not sitting in a pile on a desk somewhere. Seems to be such a backlog everywhere, how long does it take to identify someone if there's DNA these days? Not long.. but how long is the back log..Imo also lots of times the face molding doesn't look like the person that's been found after they've been named, but this is pretty close to what prisma looks like imo.. their family deserves closure

Oh for sure! I hope they do follow up

I called it in, and I followed up with them. But they don't have any information to share and there is no indication that they even looked into it. I keep sharing the missing persons info in hopes that it won't be forgotten and someone makes sure they look into it.
Very disappointing

It's been five years since Prisma went missing. NewsNation made a new special about her case. There are several new details that might or might not be connected to her disappearance. Two of the people who appear in this video are verified insiders on this thread. The family spokesperson proposes a theory that Prisma might have been stalked/followed. Two phone calls came into focus. Just before the road rage incident someone called Prisma from a burner number. At the time she turned around on the highway to head back towards the ex-bf's building, she made a call herself to a photographer friend. The detective assigned to the case stated that the building she vanished from had been thoroughly searched and the ring camera footage from the area had been reviewed. An incident related to Prisma's work as a dancer was also described by the spokesperson. Additionally, after she went missing, her stepfather started receiving strange calls form Mexico.
I'm not sure if we are any closer to solving her case; there are many directions this could go, although they aren't all equally probable.

Wow! She looks just like Prisma.
Did anyone reach out directly to the detective and maybe the ME for the area where she was found?

On the podcast mentioned above, the family spokesperson revealed that a SANYO burner phone was found in the garage where Prisma disappeared from. According to her family, Prisma wore an Apple watch, but the police did not mention it. Her phone went dead when her calls stopped just after 6pm that day. It appeared as if it was destroyed, not just turned off.
When she was at the E-bar with her ex R, Prisma received a call from the babysitter and went outside to talk. She returned after almost an hour and that's when she and R had a fight. After leaving the bar she immediately got herself into a road rage incident, and then she drove around for about 45 minutes, despite the short distance from the bar to the ex's apartment. Several people reported the incident and she was possibly being followed during that time, because there were multiple updates about her location.
After Prisma went missing, R quickly moved out of the apartment and sold his car. He didn't move far away. He refused to cooperate with Prisma's family. The police cleared him.
Nobody from her day job called her after she didn't return to work from lunch. She quit her previous job as a paralegal (or was possibly fired) for personal reasons.
Through her second job as an exotic dancer, Prisma met a lot of shady people. There was an incident in which she tried to buy drugs at a club where she was with a man. It's unclear if she was a user herself.
Prisma might have had a third stream of income - a sugar daddy.
One of the theories of her disappearance is that she was working undercover for police and is part of a bigger investigation.

Last edited:
On the podcast mentioned above, the family spokesperson revealed that a SANYO burner phone was found in the garage where Prisma disappeared from. According to her family, Prisma wore an Apple watch, but the police did not mention it. Her phone went dead when her calls stopped just after 6pm that day. It appeared as if it was destroyed, not just turned off.
When she was at the E-bar with her ex R, Prisma received a call from the babysitter and went outside to talk. She returned after almost an hour and that's when she and R had a fight. After leaving the bar she immediately got herself into a road rage incident, and then she drove around for about 45 minutes, despite the short distance from the bar to the ex's apartment. Several people reported the incident and she was possibly being followed during that time, because there were multiple updates about her location.
After Prisma went missing, R quickly moved out of the apartment and sold his car. He didn't move far away. He refused to cooperate with Prisma's family. The police cleared him.
Nobody from her day job called her after she didn't return to work from lunch. She quit her previous job as a paralegal (or was possibly fired) for personal reasons.
Through her second job as an exotic dancer, Prisma met a lot of shady people. There was an incident in which she tried to buy drugs at a club where she was with a man. It's unclear if she was a user herself.
One of the theories of her disappearance is that she was working undercover for police and is part of a bigger investigation.

These notes and videos are interesting. Thanks. You know way more about this case than I do, but I do have a couple of alternate-idea points on this post above ^ based on what I think I know.

1 "then she drove around for about 45 minutes, despite the short distance from the bar to the ex's apartment" -- From what I know, there's not a reason to think she drove aimlessly, nor to places unknown, and I think that needs to be mentioned. Although her ex's place was close to the bar, she clearly was NOT going there when she left. Her route initially was clearly the one that would take her home, and she went right past the street to her ex's. It was while on this route home, and very soon after leaving the bar, that the road rage incident occurred, but that was quick and didn't seem to alter her course to the highway to home.

However, in the area where she would get onto I-30 heading east to her home, maybe 15 minutes after she left the bar, she didn't take that course. Instead she kinda looped around, then went back towards where she had been, and to her ex's. AFAIK we don't know the exact course she took going back, but whichever streets she drove, there wasn't any gap of time missing for her to have gone somewhere else, or to stop somewhere. At that time of day, in those areas, traffic would have been EXTREMELY heavy, almost impossible, leaving no time to do anything but drive.

The unanswered puzzle is "Why did she apparently alter her plans?"

Some of the most common speculation is that she made or received a call, that made her want to go to her ex's. Another theory is that the road rage continued by her as she drove on past it, or the people she had shot at came after her, or she got in ANOTHER (unreported) incident. Or was she feeling a need to hide from police, in view of the road rage? I think it more likely than not she was driving drunk, which caused the road rage, and may have inspired her to think she'd better not try to navigate ultra-heavy traffic on the highway. Maybe she missed her turn, not thinking due to rage (and fuzzy-headedness) - there are odd-angle streets and one way ones in that area, with the Texas Fairgrounds right in the middle making it all confusing, and combined with the heavy traffic it would have been very easy if you get off track to not have an easy way to get back to where you intended. There are lots of excellent possibilities. And what we know of her seems to indicate she was impulsive, and impatient, and the alcohol would have certainly exacerbated those tendencies.

In any event, we can see she changed her destination mid-course for reasons unknown, but given the traffic, it has to be fairly certain she never stopped driving.

2 "One of the theories of her disappearance is that she was working undercover for police and is part of a bigger investigation." -- I don't think this idea is likely enough to even be worth mentioning. She was a mom, with a little one she was very close to. She's not going to agree to abandon that child and disappear forever, and not see her child again, for some undercover project. It's a mom thing. imo

Last edited:
Also, when I first heard about this case, I remember reading somewhere about her jeep not being hers or that someone had co-signed/signed for her. I happened to look up her license plate number at that time and it was under a man's name. I can't remember anymore what name but remember it was a male, older than her. I read a couple of posts about her working as a dancer and wondered if she had met that male at the club she danced/worked for and maybe he was her sugar daddy? Just speculating, I'm sure or at least hope that DPD looked into him too.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back