TX TX - Rachel Cooke, 20, Georgetown, 10 Jan 2002

Discussion in '2000's Missing' started by Doyle, Aug 12, 2003.

1. neverletgo

neverletgo Well-Known Member

:bump:

Thinking of Rachel and her loved ones during this holiday season. :beats:

[​IMG]

2. thenotebook

thenotebook Active Member

I watched her episode on ID last night. Very heartbreaking for the family. Especially the guy that keeps confessing and then recanting.

I feel like she was picked up by a vehicle by someone she knew. If she had been attacked right there on the road, I feel like there would have been some sort of evidence found.

Did they ever officially clear the ex-boyfriend that was discussed on the show?

3. KateB

KateB New Member

4. los2188

los2188 North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

5. Softail

Softail Active Member

Mother of missing girl asks public for help

GEORGETOWN, Texas -- It's an anniversary that would break any parents' heart.

Twelve years ago Friday, a Georgetown woman vanished and became the focus of one of the area’s most mysterious missing persons cases. Now, Rachel Cooke's mother and investigators are asking for the public's help to bring her home.

“Rachel was a ball of energy. There wasn't enough hours in the day,” said Rachel's mother, Janet Cooke. “She loved life, and she was a very compassionate individual.”

http://www.kvue.com/news/local/Inve...-girl-asks-the-public-for-help-239689461.html

6. Sheay2000

Sheay2000 New Member

The first time I learned about Rachel was in 2004, her story never added up.. Because usually when a young woman goes missing, it's by the hands of someone she knows, even it's just by recognizing their face but not knowing them personally.. It just didn't make since why Rachel would get into a car with someone while she was running.. If someone wanted her to go somewhere with them, I am sure she would want to go home and change..

I have always thought a stranger took Rachel, because it was my understanding that she did not have any problems with anyone.. But learning about the ex-boyfriend showing up at her parents house fighting with Rachel, changes everything.. Of course the ex may not have anything to do with her disappearance.. But he is at the top of my list..

Does anyone know how populated the street is that Rachel was jogging on?

Her story reminded me of Kelli Ann Cox who went missing in 97, one minute she is there the next minute she is gone..

7. neverletgo

:wagon: to Websleuths, Sheay2000!

:gthanks: for joining us in Rachel's thread. :seeya:

Per articles I've read (an example here), Rachel was last seen along Neches Trail:

I'm not a local, but Neches Trail looks doesn't look extremely populated to me on InstantStreetView.com:

[​IMG]

360 degree view here: http://www.instantstreetview.com/2afiyuz1jr7gcz490zr5z2u

Any locals around that can give a true perspective? :)

8. neverletgo

Also:

http://www.kristenfoundation.org/cgi-bin/datacgi/database.cgi?file=hw&report=sp&ID=023

Here is Navajo Trail at Neches Trail:

[​IMG]

360 degree view here: http://www.instantstreetview.com/2aflrbz1jr66rz3tdzocz2u

9. amber1

amber1 New Member

I've always thought a stranger took Rachel. Since Rachel had a jogging routine, it would not have been hard for the person to watch her, figure out her routine, and plan a good time to take her. I wonder if any vehicles were sighted sitting in the area from the time Rachel got home from college to the time she vanished. Of course, the ex boyfriend, neighbors and friends of neighbors were hopefully looked at.

10. elimanning

elimanning New Member

I just saw the ID episode on Rachel. Its great to see investigators are still hard at work on her case. I'm leaning against the scenario that Rachel was taken by a stranger. It was broad daylight early with multiple people outside that saw her jogging. There would have been some kind of fight or struggle with a stranger. There was no blood, clothing, or walkman found. I would look at the boyfriend and the people on her jogging route.

11. teeandcee

teeandcee Well-Known Member

I disagree. A taser would work and eliminate a struggle. I've got a shocker (not a taser) that I carry for protection that will drop a grown man in an instant without a struggle or scream. All someone would have to do was drive/jog up behind her and shock her. With a taser they could do it from a moving vehicle. Since she was wearing headphones she'd be taken totally by surprise. I'm not laying blame regarding the headphones at all.

I do apologize if the relatives are reading this. I'm sure all of this has occurred to you, but I feel bad talking about it anyway.

12. Caressa

Caressa New Member

Just watched Rachels story on "Disappeared" in Australia. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Cooke family.

13. dreampeddler

dreampeddler New Member

Wondering that too. Did they dust his car, etc?

14. leilarose68

leilarose68 Well-Known Member

i think it was her ex-boyfriend. he seems like the most likely suspect! perhaps i'm missing something really obvious but why/how did they clear him? didn't she have a volatile relationship with him and a confrontation not too long before her disappearance?

and i think michael moore is just messing with the family. just a fckd up psychopath having a bit of sick fun tormenting them.

jpo74 likes this.
  15. texasgirl2

texasgirl2 Verified Insider in Hannah Thomas Garner case

I agree with this wholeheartedly. I lived in ATX back when he "confessed" and nobody I knew, believed him. I was even married to a LEO at the time (not GPD) and he didn't think so either. I sure wish we could get some closure in this case. :(

16. Kristin83

Kristin83 Active Member

17. texasgirl2

18. texasgirl2

19. geojeffrey

geojeffrey Active Member

My thoughts too texasgirl2. Roxanne Patlauf went missing much closer to Del Valle than Rachel.

20. JeannaT

JeannaT Former Member