GUILTY TX - Riley 'Baby Grace' Sawyers, 2, brutally murdered, Spring, 24 July 2007

This is the case that brought me to WS. Words fail. Riley's grandmother posted with us for a while.

This case is on the Investigation Discovery network channel and wow there is so many things that happened you dont find out about .. FBI criminal persuit on the Baby Grace aka riley ann sawyers ..great show but ill bet there is alot that happened in this case you would maybe never have found out about with out great shows like this ..

I've just watched the FBI Criminal Pursuit episode featuring little Riley, and have to say I haven't had a reaction like this to any other crime show I have watched before. Years later and commenting from afar here in Australia, I hadn't heard of this case until seeing this show. I think it was seeing the actual footage of Riley's mother confessing to the abuse that really got to me. I watched with my teenage son, who sat hugging me for a long time after the program ended - very painful to learn of how this little angel was treated so brutally by her own mum. :(

I have just watched the FBI documentary which was broadcast on one of the cable channels here in the UK.

I never knew the story of this poor lovely child.

As another FM posted, the bit which was the ultimate horror for me was the fact that little Riley actually said "I love you" as she was being beaten in a futile effort to show what a good girl she was and make them stop - and they carried on and beat her to death. How could you listen to your child say that and continue to hurt them? What is wrong with people? As for the step-father, I think that fabricated letter mentioning child abuse may well have a kernel of truth. What a monstrous individual.

I really hope Riley Ann's story is *not* used as the basis for a fictional TV episode or movie. I don't want to see some child actress re-enacting Riley Ann's last moments. Never mind that any child actress cast as her would be by necessity older than the real Riley Ann as real toddlers can't fully grasp the concept of acting.

Bumping for Riley. Remembering this poor angel.

Thank you for bumping. This brought back a lot of memories to those days. Poor sweet baby. Heartwrenching. She even told her mom 'I love you' while 'mom' and her husband were beating Riley to death. So trusting, so innocent. :tears:

:rose:

Calling Baby Grace's killers "disgusting, simple-minded child abusers" is being too nice. Animals do this sort of thing, not human beings.

the mother/co-murderer is eligible for parole in 2047 but i can only hope that they will never grant it. Killing a defenceless baby took away any right the mother had to breathe free air again.

the 10th anniversary of Riley's murder was last week...

Bumping for Riley...

Hard to believe she would have turned 14 last week... RIP sweet girl.

220px-RileySawyers.jpg

the mother/co-murderer is eligible for parole in 2047 but i can only hope that they will never grant it. Killing a defenceless baby took away any right the mother had to breathe free air again.

I thought she was sentenced to life without the possibility of parole?

Wikipedia had that for the mother for a while but it's wrong. Both of Riley Ann's killers will never be let out.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back