GUILTY TX - Ronald Shumway, 57, found buried at his Dallas home, 23 April 2015

Just thinking and probably thinking too much "a horse named snuffy"....perhaps he was snuffed out and this was a joke to the person posting that.

That is what I originally meant by tongue in cheek. I believe the poster/killer is ridiculing him :(. It is fed red herring but this sicko was laughing to himself.

Just thinking and probably thinking too much "a horse named snuffy"....perhaps he was snuffed out and this was a joke to the person posting that.

Oh that's what you meant. Yes, I agree. I think "Snuffy" was an arrogant joke to himself and a reference to "snuffing" out Ron's life. :(

Question: Where did the last seen date of April 23 come from? Was it an actual confirmed sighting or was it somebody pretending to be him? From looking at his FB page and MrsS's story of the drifter, I think he was gone before April 23.

I think he went to work at DART (as a bus driver) April 23, he didn't turn up the next day but they received a resignation letter (on April 24).
I think it's in at least one of the articles linked, not sure.

Reg. renting out...: According to neighbors (mentioned in a few articles and comments), he usually rented out rooms in his house, and the only reference I can see on his facebook is when he got rid of the trouble guy - the one in a series of photos posing in a blue shirt outside a door, from January I think.
So if he had a new tenant he wouldn't mention it, imo.

jmo, imo, etc

Oh that's what you meant. Yes, I agree. I think "Snuffy" was an arrogant joke to himself and a reference to "snuffing" out Ron's life. :(

What I have been thinking.
Which to me makes it even more crazy there is no warning out about this guy...

According to online records with Dallas County, he evicted people a lot too. The "trouble guy" you mention has the initials "CC" and Ronald filed to evict him on January 2, 2015, and "CC" was served with the eviction notice on January 16, 2015. I checked "CC's" background and found that he has prior convictions for theft and currently has outstanding warrants for fare evasion from DART.

Is this our guy?

possibly... but then.. maybe he met ppl at work so that's why more than one had a history of fare evasions?

According to online records with Dallas County, he evicted people a lot too. The "trouble guy" you mention has the initials "CC" and Ronald filed to evict him on January 2, 2015, and "CC" was served with the eviction notice on January 16, 2015. I checked "CC's" background and found that he has prior convictions for theft and currently has outstanding warrants for fare evasion from DART.

Is this our guy?

Is this our guy?

I will confirm that those are the initials of my old neighbor. So that means that he had to have been staying there prior to April... the drifter was gone a lot, would disappear for a few days to a week and then show back up downstairs. So I guess that is where he had been staying when he wasnt around.... interesting.

I found this on the internet earlier and got to wondering if my old neighbor is even knowledgeable enough to sell a house and pay off a lien... my apologies if this was posted somewhere else in the thread. I hadnt seen it until now.

What happened after his house was sold? That’s a part of the story that gets really interesting. A visit to the Dallas County public records site,
ROAM Dallas, indicates that the forged deed document set in motion a rapid chain of exchanges — all of which occurred, apparently, while bones were solidifying in concrete in the house’s side yard.

1) A warranty deed dated June 22 but filed June 25 lists Sean Chien, a Plano real estate agent, as the deed recipient for the house at 725 N. Winnetka in Oak Cliff.

2) On June 25, Chien signed over the property to Alpha 8 Investment Properties in Plano. Alpha 8′s address, PO Box 866802 in Plano, happens to be the exact same address listed for Chien himself. (I called Chien’s office, but the person who answered the phone said Chien wasn’t available.) Other Alpha 8 property documents identify Ivy Lee Chien as a representative of the company.

3) On July 10, someone went to City Hall and paid off a $56,250 lien that the City of Dallas had placed on Shumway’s property, dating back to 2002. The lien was for a private construction company to carry out work on behalf of the Dallas Housing Department. Who paid off the lien? The document doesn’t say.

4) Three days later, on July 13, Alpha 8 signed over the property to Donna Savariego Homes, a Dallas company.

5) On Aug. 10, Donna Savariego Homes signed over the property to True Option Realty, a company based in Allen. No transfers have occurred since then.

The Oak Cliff Advocate has some additional details regarding Shumway’s background, none of which I’ve been able to confirm.

The Dallas Central Appraisal District lists the house as having a total market value of $159,020. If someone managed to secure it by paying off the $56,250 lien, that would represent a pretty tidy profit of more than $100,000. Bones notwithstanding.

Mrs. Snodgrass, et al

The person that was evicted on January 2, 2015 was actually evicted twice, and I found that confusing until now. There is an eviction filed for "CC" on December 9, 2014, and then again on January 2, 2015. I wondered if maybe the guy left and then came back.

I'm positive the person named "CC" who Ron evicted is the "trouble guy" in the Facebook posts because Ron mentions having to "deal with" the guy on January 2, 2015 on Facebook.

I had to go enter a not guilty plea on a ticket I got (long story) at the JP Court so while I was there I checked to see if Ronald had ever filed for evictions on any of his many "troublesome" tenants/boyfriends. That's how I found "CC."

Mrs. Snodgrass, et al

The person that was evicted on January 2, 2015 was actually evicted twice, and I found that confusing until now. There is an eviction filed for "CC" on December 9, 2014, and then again on January 2, 2015. I wondered if maybe the guy left and then came back.

I'm positive the person named "CC" who Ron evicted is the "trouble guy" in the Facebook posts because Ron mentions having to "deal with" the guy on January 2, 2015 on Facebook.

I had to go enter a not guilty plea on a ticket I got (long story) at the JP Court so while I was there I checked to see if Ronald had ever filed for evictions on any of his many "troublesome" tenants/boyfriends. That's how I found "CC."

Huh... curiouser and curiouser! well he had to have let him back in because I am pretty darn sure that it was around April that we helped him... then again, maybe Ronald was not "around" any longer in April and CC had full range of the house. Who knows!?

I saw sexual innuendo in it too. like he was laughing at him and using his loneliness and homosexuality against him. remember Mrs. Snodgrass mentioned whenever she had gone by the garage sale and he said the home owner wanted a relationship and he wasn't interested? he was leading the guy on and pulling his nefarious plan into action.

scheming....

but then if he evicted him in January, why would he be going back over there? why would RS allow him?

I will confirm that those are the initials of my old neighbor. So that means that he had to have been staying there prior to April... the drifter was gone a lot, would disappear for a few days to a week and then show back up downstairs. So I guess that is where he had been staying when he wasnt around.... interesting.

a "break up to make up" relationship? at least RS thought it was?

Mrs. Snodgrass, et al

I think he was at work at DART on 4/23.

he sent a letter of resignation on 4/24.

idk about TX but here in CA, being a bus driver for the local transit is a union, gov't job. you don't just up and quit.

Huh... curiouser and curiouser! well he had to have let him back in because I am pretty darn sure that it was around April that we helped him... then again, maybe Ronald was not "around" any longer in April and CC had full range of the house. Who knows!?

I saw sexual innuendo in it too. like he was laughing at him and using his loneliness and homosexuality against him. remember Mrs. Snodgrass mentioned whenever she had gone by the garage sale and he said the home owner wanted a relationship and he wasn't interested? he was leading the guy on and pulling his nefarious plan into action.

Yeah, I thought that too. That's why I brought up the sexual innuendo aspect.

I'm starting to feel very very sorry for poor RS. Used, abused, and murdered.

Mrs. Snodgrass,

It looks like that first sale to Sean Chien was the only fraudulent one. According to the articles published so far, Sean Chien was shown a photo of the man claiming to be Ronald Shumway and said "that's not him." Also, a real estate investor named Connor Steinbrook was at the transaction. If you Google him, you will see that Connor Steinbrook is a house flipper who specializes in paying cash for houses and doing rapid turn arounds. If "CC" Googled "cash for houses" this is the kind of person he would have found. He wouldn't have had to be that smart to pass himself off as Ronald to Connor Steinbrook, and have Connor handle all the details for the house sale.

As for all the other house sales, that's not really that uncommon with Oak Cliff houses. It just means that house flippers jumped at the chance to turn this house over for quick profit.

I found this on the internet earlier and got to wondering if my old neighbor is even knowledgeable enough to sell a house and pay off a lien... my apologies if this was posted somewhere else in the thread. I hadnt seen it until now.

What happened after his house was sold? That’s a part of the story that gets really interesting. A visit to the Dallas County public records site,
ROAM Dallas, indicates that the forged deed document set in motion a rapid chain of exchanges — all of which occurred, apparently, while bones were solidifying in concrete in the house’s side yard.

1) A warranty deed dated June 22 but filed June 25 lists Sean Chien, a Plano real estate agent, as the deed recipient for the house at 725 N. Winnetka in Oak Cliff.

2) On June 25, Chien signed over the property to Alpha 8 Investment Properties in Plano. Alpha 8′s address, PO Box 866802 in Plano, happens to be the exact same address listed for Chien himself. (I called Chien’s office, but the person who answered the phone said Chien wasn’t available.) Other Alpha 8 property documents identify Ivy Lee Chien as a representative of the company.

3) On July 10, someone went to City Hall and paid off a $56,250 lien that the City of Dallas had placed on Shumway’s property, dating back to 2002. The lien was for a private construction company to carry out work on behalf of the Dallas Housing Department. Who paid off the lien? The document doesn’t say.

4) Three days later, on July 13, Alpha 8 signed over the property to Donna Savariego Homes, a Dallas company.

5) On Aug. 10, Donna Savariego Homes signed over the property to True Option Realty, a company based in Allen. No transfers have occurred since then.

The Oak Cliff Advocate has some additional details regarding Shumway’s background, none of which I’ve been able to confirm.

The Dallas Central Appraisal District lists the house as having a total market value of $159,020. If someone managed to secure it by paying off the $56,250 lien, that would represent a pretty tidy profit of more than $100,000. Bones notwithstanding.

I feel like he was a sad, lonely soul. the neighbors that complained about him, maybe he had a poor attitude at times because he was unhappy and lonely.

Yeah, I thought that too. That's why I brought up the sexual innuendo aspect.

I'm starting to feel very very sorry for poor RS. Used, abused, and murdered.

Actually everyone,

I found "CC's" Facebook page and he was having flirty conversations with Ron Shumway as far back as August 2014. He mentions knowing Ron from riding his bus, and he mentions in August 2014 that his roommate was moving out and he needed to sell some stuff quickly to make fast money.

His Facebook page is filled with pictures of him selling furniture and other things, some of it very expensive. Strangely, he hasn't posted to his Facebook page since December 2014.

Yes, I'm kind of wondering if he didn't have a fake "love-hate" relationship with Ron that had him moving in and out over a long period of time.

Also, Mrs. Snodgrass, "CC" has a new warrant for his arrest out of Dallas County for fare evasion, that was issued on November 9, 2015. It's from unpaid DART tickets from March 2015. He has no other arrest/criminal history out of Dallas County at all.

I think we've identified Ronald's killer.

Now all we need to do is wait for the DNA results to come back on the body found under the concrete slab, confirm that it's Ronald, and let the police announce their BOLO for "CC."

The reason this case haunts me so much is because Ron was my bus driver 3 years ago. He was always very nice to me -- smiling, saying hello, making sure I didn't step in mud or get splashed when it was raining, etc. I had no idea he was gay.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back