Found Deceased TX - Rosemary Rodriguez, 54, Kilgore, 8 Oct 2019 *found deceased 2022*

JerseyGirl

Forum Coordinator
Staff member
Forum Coordinators
Reaction score
Rosemary Rodriguez, 54, was reported missing Tuesday. Rodriguez is described as a white female, about 5 feet 4 inches tall and weighing about 185 pounds. She was last seen at about 6:45 p.m. Monday leaving a residence on Mt. Pisgah Road in Kilgore.

Rodriguez was wearing a blue Walmart smock and blue pants when she was last seen. She drives a green 2014 Chevrolet Sonic with an OU sticker on the back window and Texas license plates GCM3117.

Gregg County Sheriff’s Office deputies searching for missing woman

62MKEHGDGFBZ7J4UKLVAW4RBOY.jpg
OHYO2CFHM5CMJGSYYG4PEB4BZM.jpg

Still no updates at the Kilgore Police Department on FB:

Kilgore Police Department

Gregg County Sheriff's Office

"Gregg County Sheriff's Office
Yesterday at 1:04 PM ·
MISSING PERSON
The Gregg County Sheriff’s Office is currently looking for Rosemary Rodriguez, who was reported missing on Tuesday 10/08/2019. Rodriguez is a white female, 54 years of age, approximately 5’ 4” tall and weighing approximately 185 lbs. Rodriguez was last seen on Monday 10/07/2019 at approximately 6:45 P.M., leaving a residence in the Mt. Pisgah Road area of Kilgore, Texas. Rodriguez was last seen wearing a blue Walmart smock and blue pants. Rodriguez drives a green 2014 Chevrolet Sonic, with an OU sticker on the back window. Vehicle has Texas LP#GCM3117."

Her FB, which was tagged by her sister in a post about Rosemary being missing:

Rosemary S. Rodriguez

Who does she live with?
Who saw her last?
Who reported her missing?
Is her phone still pinging?

Some more info on her daughters' fb.

ETA: The police posts say last seen on Monday, the family mentions Sunday (Oct 6). Upon reading more I now see why.

Last edited:
It's my understanding that she owns a home in Longview TX, but mostly was staying at her boyfriend's house in Kilgore TX on Mt. Pisgah Rd. Her daughter stayed at the house in Longview. Supposedly, Rosemary had driven to the boyfriend's house to retrieve her medications and hasn't been seen since. I'm not sure what type of medications, but I've heard that she is diabetic. A Wal-Mart co-worker had gotten in touch with her family after Rosemary did not show up for work on Monday or Tuesday. She also missed a planned hair appointment.

One of her daughters gave a media interview in which she confirmed that her mother is a type 2 diabetic (not as bad as type 1) and that they started looking for her after receiving a call from her coworker that she failed to show up for work on Monday and Tuesday. She has a few tatoos.

Family desperate to find missing East Texas woman

It doesn't look like she's voluntary missing to me. If it's true that she left home on Monday evening, how come that she didn't show up for work that day?

One of her daughters gave a media interview in which she confirmed that her mother is a type 2 diabetic (not as bad as type 1) and that they started looking for her after receiving a call from her coworker that she failed to show up for work on Monday and Tuesday. She has a few tatoos.

Family desperate to find missing East Texas woman

It doesn't look like she's voluntary missing to me. If it's true that she left home on Monday evening, how come that she didn't show up for work that day?
She works at Walmart, so it's possible she could have worked a late shift, but I could have sworn I read that she worked in the pharmacy area, which would only be open until 8 or 9 pm. Maybe I just dreamed that part....

Local news is now reporting that criminal activity is suspected in her disappearance. Not a surprise, unfortunately. It doesn't mention the reasons why LE believes this to be the case. They had helicopters flying over the area on Sunday. Not sure if anything turned up.

That was an informative article you linked, @JerseyGirl. There is more info at the link, but I thought this quote from the article was interesting:

. . .She [Rosemary's oldest daughter] says the last person her mother was seen with was her boyfriend on Mt. Pigsah Road in Kilgore on Oct. 7th.

"The family is choosing to go by the last time one of us saw her, which was Sunday night. My grandmother went out to dinner with them and they dropped her back off at her house around 9 p.m. and she left with her boyfriend that evening,” Walker said. . .

Daughter of missing Gregg County woman: 'I am trying to hold onto hope'

Rodriguez, 54, is about 5 feet, 4 inches tall, and weighs about 185 pounds, according to the Gregg County Sheriff’s Office, but Walker disagrees with the office’s account of when she was last seen.

Walker said she and her husband live in her mother’s home in Longview but that law enforcement says Rodriguez was last seen Oct. 7 in the Mount Pisgah area of Kilgore, because that’s where her boyfriend lives.

Walker said she had been staying with him for about the past year.

*Also very interesting comment at end of article.

Why would it take the coworker to call in a missing person and not the BF if they had been living together... not liking this one bit...
If you look at the comments on her oldest daughter’s FB page, they may provide a little clarity in answering your question. Pretty interesting and IMO supports your “not liking this one bit” vibe.

Why did she have to go to the boyfriend's house to retrieve her medications if she lived there? Had she possibly left him or perhaps they'd argued and she had left for awhile?
I wonder the same thing...why retrieve meds if she lived there? Possibly, meaning it was just time to take them so she needed to get back to house to do so? Idk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiphasGrace
Back