TX TX - Roxanne Paltauf, 19, Austin, 7 Jul 2006

Lizzy - we read about these events happening. We even talk to the parents or sibilings via a messageboard but seeing the documentary with your children and yourself struggling to cope with this. Your daughters trying so hard to be stoic and strong for you. Your heartbreak and frustration as you take us to the spot she was last seen. All of that really brought it home that there are families all over the country and the world who are dealing with this.
The lonliness and frustration is almost too much too bear.
I wish you all the luck in finding out what happened to Roxanne. Thank you for sharing your story.

I am glad I was able to share this with you all
It is a sad journey, But we all have HOPE
Thank you for your kind words
God Bless

Hi Lizzy64

I'm wondering what has happened with the boyfriend? Did LE just talk to him and that was it? Didn't they think it was strange that he had Roxanne's cell and was talking for hours with an ex-girlfriend? Did they ever go into that motel room with luminol and check for blood? What about the friend of her boyfriend's car? They probably didn't check the car out either did they?

It seems that there was so much that LE could have done to resolve this case. They might not have found Roxanne but they might have had an idea what happened to her and someone might have gone to prison. Sloppy or lazy police work just makes my hair stand on end. Even I could tell that the boyfriend is a liar! I can't imagine what it is like to be in your shoes knowing that LE didn't do their best trying to find out what happened to your daughter. Maybe LE should give you a container of luminol and you can rent that motel room and spray it down and see what you come up with!!!!!!! If Roxanne's blood is in that room down in a crack it would still be there.

hi lizzy64

i'm wondering what has happened with the boyfriend? Did le just talk to him and that was it? Didn't they think it was strange that he had roxanne's cell and was talking for hours with an ex-girlfriend? Did they ever go into that motel room with luminol and check for blood? What about the friend of her boyfriend's car? They probably didn't check the car out either did they?

It seems that there was so much that le could have done to resolve this case. They might not have found roxanne but they might have had an idea what happened to her and someone might have gone to prison. Sloppy or lazy police work just makes my hair stand on end. Even i could tell that the boyfriend is a liar! I can't imagine what it is like to be in your shoes knowing that le didn't do their best trying to find out what happened to your daughter. Maybe le should give you a container of luminol and you can rent that motel room and spray it down and see what you come up with!!!!!!! If roxanne's blood is in that room down in a crack it would still be there.

the hotel rooms have been remodel

Hi Lizzy64-
I just wanted to let you know I recently had the honor of viewing a "Quilt for the Missing" on which there was a lovely patch to honor Roxanne. I don't know if you are the one responsible for that, but I just thought you'd like to know it caught my eye, and then I caught my breath...
This is truly an epidemic and a terrible black mark to our society... all these missing and unidentified persons, and all these unanswered questions.
My heart goes out to you.

warmly, sloane

Hi all
I wanted to pass this along to everyone
Oct4th @6pm Rundberg is having another march
this is the same area where Roxanne Paltauf, my daughter went missing over 2 years ago,
I would like to invite you all to come out and support the Cause and also represent Roxanne
we need all the help we can get
hope to see you all there
information to where to go is below
thanks
.Elizabeth Harris, Roxanne's Mom

A NIGHT WITHOUT CRIMe

On Rundberg Lane & I-35 NEIGHBORHOOD UNITY MARCH
Come make a stand against criminal activity along Rundberg Lane.
Saturday, October 4th, 6PM
804 E. RUNDBERG LANE
Organized by North Austin Coalition of Neighborhoods
FREE FOOD, MUSIC AND DRINKS

PARKING FOR EVENT LOCATED AT BARRINGTON ELEMENTARY AND HOLLYWOOD VIDEO

*** In the event of bad weather, the event will be rescheduled for Oct. 11th***
-BRING A CHAIR!!

As always, thinking of Roxanne and those who love her.
I pray she finds her way home soon.

As always, thinking of Roxanne and those who love her.
I pray she finds her way home soon.

What part of May are you due? The granddaughter that I raised...due to her mother's murder...is having her first baby in May also. We are so excited.

I wish Roxanne would be found too. They remodeled those motel rooms...darn. The cops didn't even care enough to go over before this was done and spray down that room for blood evidence. Talk about worthless LE :furious:

Hello Everyone

I would to share a video I came across today it from Peace 4 the missing
It's a Christmas video and to my surprise our Roxanne is in it
Very Touching

http://peace4missing.ning.com/video/peace4-christmas

please watch and share it with all those you know
We need to find all the missing love ones

also just to let you know that Roxanne Paltauf story will be in the January issue of the Austin Monthly along with Rachel Cook story another Central Texas missing love one
check it out in January
http://www.austinmonthly.com/

It will be Roxanne 21st Birthday 1-3-08
This will be her 3rd Birthday since she went missing
I know somehow , some way we will find her
Please keep her in your prayers and all the other who are missing
she is missed so much, and NEEDS to be FOUND
Thank you , God Bless,
Merry Christmas

Hello All

Elizabeth Harris here, mother of Roxanne Paltauf missing 7-7-06

As most of you know that Roxanne has had a billboard up for over 2 years now

Reagan advertisement has most graciously have been keeping it up for us now without charge and moving it around town to different location to have the public be aware of her being missing

The artwork is made out of vinyl and with Texas weather being what it is

Hot weather, rain storms, hail and of course the cold has done a number with it

They were taking it down to move it to a new location, it started tearing apart, so they had to trash it,

With Roxanne's billboard up, It has produce awareness everyday to millions of people and to me it such a blessing each and every time I see her billboard

It gives me and my family such hope having her billboard out there for everyone to see

I know times our tough for everyone

So I trying to come up with ideas to raise the money to have new art work done

The price is $1,100.00

Roxannes 3 year anniverary is coming up in July

3 year!!!!!!!!! It's so sureal ,still

So If anyone has ideas or would like to donate to a GREAT Cause please let me know

I am so humble by all the support, prays, and kind word have given to me and my family

WE have hope that we will find her

My mission is to keep her name , face and story out there for the world to of Roxanne and what a wonderful daughter, sister and friend she is to so many

Thgank you for your support

Elizabeth Harris

I just saw that nobody has posted here in months. I just wanted to say that Roxanne never really leaves my mind. I pray for her family to get answers soon. I won't forget her.

I haven't posted on WS for quite a long time, but I've been reading now and then, and just came across Roxanne's case tonight. What in the world is wrong with Austin's Police Department? This young girl just walks out of this motel room after a fight with her criminal, possibly gang-member boyfriend with just the clothes on her back and is never seen again/her accounts aren't used/she hasn't contacted friends or family? I'm not a detective, but it was clear to me immediately upon reading about the circumstances of this case that a crime was committed.

If Roxy was even indeed last seen at the Budget Inn, I believe her boyfriend probably killed her, perhaps through strangulation or beating (perhaps it was unintentional and the fighting just got out of hand) and he proceeded to call a friend or member of his family to help him dispose of the body (as he didn't have a car). All of Luis's family members and friends should have been interviewed immediately and the motel room combed for evidence. And the friend who was found in possession of Roxy's ID...his car was never forensically examined? Like I said, what in the world is wrong with the Austin Police Department? It seems to me that Roxy has a very loving family who miss her very much, but that they don't have tons of money to spend to hire a lawyer/private investigator, etc. If this was the mayor's daughter or the daughter of a wealthy member of the community, it seems the police would have done more immediately after and since her disappearance. This makes me so angry.

At this point, area lakes and other bodies of water should be searched, along with any other known isolated spots. Roxy's family deserves to have her back, and the boyfriend needs to face some justice. Unfortunately, I don't see it as being likely that the APD will prioritze this case. Very sad. Prayers for Roxy and her beautiful family.

Link doesn't work for me. Can you tell what is posted? Has progress been made in Roxanne's case?

Prayers for Roxy,

Salem

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11