TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I highly doubt that any of the people here who expressed a belief that there was a conspiracy to kill her and fake her hanging are cops or have cops as relatives. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I do know there are LEOs who are extremely counterproductive, and some are downright dangerous. I believe BE is one of them, and I also believe he was responsible for most (if not all) of the escalation in this case. I also believe the jailers were irresponsible and/or negligent in her care. It has nothing to do with knowing/not knowing any LEOs personally. My uncle was a Deputy Sheriff for many years, my cousin was Chief of Police in another area, I have friends who are/were LEOs in small towns and others in cities, I have also had friends who were falsely accused and/or convicted of crimes.

On the other hand, I know of members of LE who threatened a disabled man (he has a TBI which affects his decision making skills) with life in prison if he wouldn't commit perjury to get a couple of other people convicted of something they didn't do, I know others who made out false police reports in order to have grounds for arresting someone - and I have both friends and relatives who have been charged and convicted for crimes they did commit.

I don't have a dog in this race, but from what I saw and heard, I feel this officer was totally wrong, and someone (maybe everybody?) at the jail was negligent at the very least.

MOO

Catching up...

Quote Originally Posted by cinsbythesea View Post
[/B]

BBM- did any of the witnesses corroborate that she kicked him? I don't remember reading if they did or didn't.

On dash cam video, the female office when she arrived stated she did see, and I said before on prev thread I would be interested to see her dash cam, She pulled in behind ws sandra bland 2nd police patrol car angle 2.JPGws sandra bland 2nd police patrol car angle.JPG

I'm not much of a conspiracy theorist, but I do know there are LEOs who are extremely counterproductive, and some are downright dangerous. I believe BE is one of them, and I also believe he was responsible for most (if not all) of the escalation in this case. I also believe the jailers were irresponsible and/or negligent in her care. It has nothing to do with knowing/not knowing any LEOs personally. My uncle was a Deputy Sheriff for many years, my cousin was Chief of Police in another area, I have friends who are/were LEOs in small towns and others in cities, I have also had friends who were falsely accused and/or convicted of crimes.

On the other hand, I know of members of LE who threatened a disabled man (he has a TBI which affects his decision making skills) with life in prison if he wouldn't commit perjury to get a couple of other people convicted of something they didn't do, I know others who made out false police reports in order to have grounds for arresting someone - and I have both friends and relatives who have been charged and convicted for crimes they did commit.

I don't have a dog in this race, but from what I saw and heard, I feel this officer was totally wrong, and someone (maybe everybody?) at the jail was negligent at the very least.

MOO

I hope it worked out for him.

I agree BE is dangerous and maybe this means he'll have to find a new career and won't be able to do more damage. Maybe.

I hope it worked out for him.

I agree BE is dangerous and maybe this means he'll have to find a new career and won't be able to do more damage. Maybe.

The last I heard he was serving 15 years, but had an attorney trying to get the conviction overturned (either to exonerate him or to get him an actual trial. He was told he'd get the reduced sentence if he'd plead guilty and testify against them.)

Just read this. It appears the officer is not the only professional in Waller county with problems with professionalism and defensiveness about race.

http://m.chron.com/news/houston-tex...tor-says-Waller-DA-threatened-him-5525581.php

Fair enough. If past history is fair game how About you link her anti LEO online rants. Good for the goose is good for the gander

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dang! Did the First Amendment get repealed and nobody told me?

Expressing your opinions about police racism and brutality is not the same as abusing one's power as a peace officer.

Her being confrontational was pretext . Try again

Actually, the officer in his own (recorded) words, stated that SB was under arrest before he even approached her vehicle. How was she confrontational prior to their first contact?

Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
It's been suggested that perhaps she had something on her and ate it in jail? Pot is not harmless. Here is an example.
Student jumped to his death from the balcony after eating one pot cookie.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...enver/7220685/

JSLK # 1123 I think it's unlikely - if not impossible - for her to have consumed a large quantity of drugs while in custody... She was in the prison jumpsuit pretty quick iirc and it would have been difficult to hide?

It doesn't seem like suspected intoxication with drugs was the reason for the LE stopping her. The paperwork (riddled with inconsistencies as it is) states she did not appear 'under the influence'.

Which begs the question...what the heck is going on with the tox results?!

And what happens to the poor woman's body now? Her family can't even bury her? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...County-13-July-2015-1&p=11953444#post11953444
I agree the jail report is riddled with inconsistent information. In one of the text messages from the DA, he states possibility of her consuming it at the traffic stop. Traffic stop happened at 4:27pm and booking completed at 8:18pm Friday, July 10, and she was pronounced dead at 9:06 am on Monday, July 13. JMHO, for her to allegedly have high levels of marijuana in her system at autopsy, it would have had to have been recent by their way of thinking. Here is ss of the text message as shown on ws sandra bland da text to attorney 1.JPG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmtncE4knYw&feature=youtu.be

... The idea that someone has to meekly submit to one's fate if pulled over by a LE is something I am really struggling to fathom, tbh.

^^^ This is my stumbling point also. I cannot accept that in our great nation, based on personal freedoms, there is an understanding that civil rights/personal freedom aren't really a big deal, so we should bow down to the man, even if the man is a bully with a badge.

Honestly, that is one cup of koolaid I hope I never drink.

You said 'I don't think anyone here has any idea how disrespectful, rude and antagonistic, many people are that LE has to deal with.' I think that's too much of a generalization on a forum like this with participants you don't know.

I agree. I waited tables while in college. I had drunken a-holes steal food off of my trays meant for other tables. I had some jerk stomp on my foot as I stood at the table taking their orders. And he did it 3 or 4 times. And one time, some girl tossed a ciggie at my hair. It didn't do anything but scare to poo outta me.

I was not allowed to be an a-hole back or I woulda gotten canned. It is what it is. Whomever is the "professional" (yes, even waiters) is generally expected to be the bigger person and not react to rudeness and abuse from customers, clients, suspects, students, etc.

C
Catching up...

On dash cam video, the female office when she arrived stated she did see, and I said before on prev thread I would be interested to see her dash cam, She pulled in behind View attachment 78755View attachment 78756

Of course I can't find a link, but I remember reading the day this video was released that the female officer's dash cam memory was full. I think the implication was that there is no video from her car, but they didn't come right out and say it.

They did release dash cam video from a 3rd officer yesterday, I think, but she was already on the ground when he arrived and then they were getting her up to put her in the car.

New Dash Cam Video
HOUSTON -- Dash cam video footage from a Prairie View police cruiser shows a fresh angle of the Sandra Bland arrest.
http://7online.com/news/new-video-shows-different-angle-of-sandra-bland-stop/881420/

I didn't know a second officer was on administrative leave.

Couldn't get the video to play (settings on my browser)...but found this article with 2 recently released videos. Apparently EMS was called. They briefly checked on Sandra when she's in the back of the patrol car. Then EMS and cops stand around chatting for several minutes. Everyone looks fairly relaxed.
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...-eating-texas-jail-prisoner-article-1.2304097

Of course we do. They deal with drunks,domestic violence,children being abused,theft and so on. They see people when they are at their worst.
But what does that have to do with this case?
We can't excuse BE because he was stressed. IMO

What does it have to do with this case? Everything. It affects the way he looks at EVERY driver he pulls over. He does not know if she has a gun under her seat, or a knife up her sleeve.

I think people forget that when they act so shocked that he would pull her over, ask her leading questions, ask her to put out her lit cig, tell her to get out of the car. ALL OF THAT is based upon hundreds of previous experiences that he has had. Especially after she began to be rude and difficult. It makes the hairs on the back of their necks stand up.

Dang! Did the First Amendment get repealed and nobody told me?

Expressing your opinions about police racism and brutality is not the same as abusing one's power as a peace officer.

No, but expressing one's opinion as a political activist, and claiming that cops are racist, corrupt devils is a clue to how one might react to a traffic stop.

How does a leaf in her back equal excessive force? I think some desperately want this case to be something it is clearly not.

agree she had a sundress with straps on, so her skin would be on the ground. but in this video she on her stomach. So not sure how got on back, guess depends on where was as in shoulder, her thrashing around on ground could have did it. JMHO http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...County-13-July-2015-1&p=11953453#post11953453

I agree. I waited tables while in college. I had drunken a-holes steal food off of my trays meant for other tables. I had some jerk stomp on my foot as I stood at the table taking their orders. And he did it 3 or 4 times. And one time, some girl tossed a ciggie at my hair. It didn't do anything but scare to poo outta me.

I was not allowed to be an a-hole back or I woulda gotten canned. It is what it is. Whomever is the "professional" (yes, even waiters) is generally expected to be the bigger person and not react to rudeness and abuse from customers, clients, suspects, students, etc.

BUT NONE of that rude behavior that you describe is the same thing as the situations that officers deal with. You are serving food to yuor customers. What if your boss told you to go up to the customers and 'detain' them? That is quite a different interaction with the public than that of a waitress or a teacher. COPS CONFRONT PEOPLE. It is a totally different scenario.

Too bad he left out a big chunk of what happened.

Yes. And then lied about the rest.

How in the WORLD did he not understand dash cam=recorded evidence? And THEN, the voice recording in which he blatantly lies according to video evidence = proof that he is a lying liar who lies out of his lie hole.

He was obviously sharp enough to order SB out of camera range, so why would he be so incredibly stupid as to attest, while being recorded, to events that were easily shown to be lies via the dashcam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member