TX - Sandra Bland, 28, found dead in jail cell, Waller County, 13 July 2015 #3

I wonder if those so dead set against LEOs have ever thought of what the word enforce means.

Seriously, are most people concerned about how to act with LE?

I only looked into it years ago because of what I saw and heard. Now more and more people are learning it may be a death sentence

It's very important. It's the #1 crime in America, before murder, before child molestation. Disrespect of a police officer. The only crime that can get you executed without a trial.

Hmm, gang shootings. What are they all about? Disrespect, drugs, territory? Any trials before execution there?

My position has always been you respect law enforcement. If you cannot respect the man, then you respect the badge. The badge represents the laws we live under. If you find that you cannot or will not respect the man or the badge, then respect the gun the officer wears.

We live in America. Not a police state.

This is not how I was raised to look at police. The police were our friends. They were Andy Griffith. Not someone to be feared and someone to genuflect to.

And the different code of ethics for LE say tge same thing. They have to be respectful because they are pros,

If they can't do it, look for a different job.

With much respect,

It's becoming more and more important...people are getting misinformation about what their "rights" are...more people are getting more confrontational and angry, etc.

Like I mentioned on the previous thread, the local NAACP hosted an "educational" meeting with lawyers, local LE, churches, because they wanted the younger generation to get good information on what their rights were and how to handle traffic stops...very few came. :(

Sometimes, people aren't learning from home or school environments, what is acceptable. It doesn't hurt (at all!) to do some basic reminders. Much of society is, indeed, losing good manners and common sense. JMO JMO JMO, LOL

JMO.

I never learned anything about being stopped by the police from my parents. Why would they teach something like that?

I only told my children after I saw what happened to people with the police. Until recently, we did not have much diversity in the city. So, the incidences I witnessed over the years were with whites. Terrifying.

Sometimes, it's best to act as if you respect someone. Civilization depends on people's ability to behave in a manner contradictory to feelings.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Susan B. anthony did not respect how she was being treated. Thank you to her.

The workers who stood up for rights in the workplace did not stand for how they were treated. Thank you for weekends and the forty hour week.

Roas Parks did not sit where she was supposed to on the bus. Thank you Rosa.

And on and on . Thank you to the people who risked their lives because they were ot going to be treated like they are less

With all the postings today of respect or lack of respect....I decided to again watch part of the arrest video. I found one on youtube that seemed to have better sound quality.
I'm sure I heard SB say 'I'm sorry' about not handing BE her DL. Also we can for sure hear "sir" when he asks her to stop talking on her phone.
I really didn't notice anything in her manner that would be considered rude or disrespectful until he ordered her out of her car.
And I think she really wasn't aware that he had the right to ask her to exit her car.
A few other things came to mind after more viewing.
SB asks if he wants her to sit on the ground. BE says no. He then tells her he is going to remove her glasses.
It just hit me today why he removed her glasses. He knew he was going to take her down even though she offered to sit on the ground.
Now to the alleged "kick" You can hear SB say you are about to break my wrist.
Is it possible that BE hurt SB (wrists) on purpose so she did in fact try to kick him? I think that is very possible.
According to BE he took SB down due to her kicking him,but if he hurt her on purpose to get a response....what an *advertiser censored** IMO

We live in America. Not a police state.

This is not how I was raised to look at police. The police were our friends. They were Andy Griffith. Not someone to be feared and someone to genuflect to.

And the different code of ethics for LE say tge same thing. They have to be respectful because they are pros,

If they can't do it, look for a different job.

For the majority of officers, they deserve respect for what they do. For the small percentage of officers who do not deserve that respect, the goal is to survive the encounter. If you survive then you can take action against them later.

My position has always been you respect law enforcement. If you cannot respect the man, then you respect the badge. The badge represents the laws we live under. If you find that you cannot or will not respect the man or the badge, then respect the gun the officer wears.

My best friend in fifth grade was fatherless because his dad, a lieutenant in the Florida Highway Patrol, had been shot and killed during a routine traffic stop shortly before my friend was born. Perhaps because of my age, that made a strong impression on me and when I have been stopped by LE, I remember that the officer has at least as much to fear from me as I do from him or her. So, yes, I go out of my way to be courteous and cooperative.

But as I said above, I am white and fair-skinned. I've been the subject of a traffic stop THREE TIMES in 45 years! (Twice I was speeding (one ticket, one warning) and the other time I borrowed a car with an expired inspection sticker and earned another warning.)

I have African-American friends--who are like me in every way except skin color--who are stopped that many times every few months! Unlike the police, they are not LE professionals and perhaps we can understand why their patience wears thin.

Susan B. anthony did not respect how she was being treated. Thank you to her.

The workers who stood up for rights in the workplace did not stand for how they were treated. Thank you for weekends and the forty hour week.

Roas Parks did not sit where she was supposed to on the bus. Thank you Rosa.

And on and on . Thank you to the people who risked their lives because they were ot going to be treated like they are less
And I will stand by my statement and say sometimes you are far better of to remain civil and behave respectfully, even when you know you're in the right and the other person is not.

If I actually throttled the daylights out of someone every time I fight off the urge, this would be a much harsher world. I don't act on every impulse. No one should. Had two people been in better control of them selves, Sandra Bland would not have been in jail that day.

One really solid rule of dealing with conflict: It is very easy to escalate. Once escalated, it is much less easy to bring a situation back down. Someone needs to stay on top of their actions. If not the other person, it needs to be you, keeping cool for both sides.

If someone wants to engage in some civil disobedience, power to them. Changing how people see things is hard and necessary work. It is still civil disobedience. I have doubts Rosa Parks would have made such a powerful figure if she was shrieking "pussy!" at everyone at the time.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

No, the video from the car that would have shown that, is conveniently missing.

The female officer came in with her lights so it should have been recording but the HD was full. Wow that isn't strange at all. IMO

ETA to remove word and use another.

"This is where Rhoads is wrong. We’ve seen this troubling approach to law enforcement nationwide, in militarized police responses to nonviolent protesters and in fatal police shootings of unarmed citizens. The culture that encourages police officers to engage their weapons before gathering information promotes the mind-set that nothing, including citizen safety, is more important than officers’ personal security. That approach has caused public trust in law enforcement to deteriorate."

That slimy, sneaky, abusive SOB! That's exactly why he said it.

I must be slow as it just hit me that was probably the reason. I would love to see video or accounts of his other traffic stops.
And his record...why such a secret?

BE tells SB that this officer (female officer) saw everything. Female officer confirms, yeah I saw everything.

Later BE asks female officer, did you what she did? She kicked me.

Female officer...'yes right there' points to BE lower leg. I saw it. BS IMO

If he wanted to tase her he would have. He didn't and just as quickly as he pulled it out he put it back.

That is not what I have read. She may not have verbally threatened him prior that she was going to kick him but he said she did it anyway and it certainly is consistent with her irate behavior.

And he had to show probable cause for a Judge to sign off on the bail amount.

IMO

In reality, if we all think about it at no time did any of us witness any physical violence from her at any time. The person on either video being violent is him she walked compliantly from the car after he yanked her out of the car, the next video all we see is him on top of a handcuffed woman. Where did any of us see any physical activity from her

If he wanted to tase her he would have. He didn't and just as quickly as he pulled it out he put it back.

That is not what I have read. She may not have verbally threatened him prior that she was going to kick him but he said she did it anyway and it certainly is consistent with her irate behavior.

And he had to show probable cause for a Judge to sign off on the bail amount.

IMO

bail was done before it was discovered that he falsified his report, and that for some amazing reason the part of him talking to his supervisor on the phone magically reappearred on the the second video telease.

I dont know but a technical glitch that makes a video longer just seem like BS to me - the part that vanished is "hearing" him lie as oppossed to reading his fib on papers.

He called his boss that too, after he got his x together , appears to be CYA behavior - do the call there bosses after every arrest

all behavior has meaning

Missing,huh. The female officer came in with her lights so it should have been recording but it's missing. Wow that isn't strange at all. IMO

I must have missed a report that the female officer's dash cam recording is missing. Do you have a link. Thanks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back