TX - Sarah Hartsfield, 48, accused of murder after 5th husband’s ‘suspicious’ illness, Chambers County, 15 Jan 2023

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
CHAMBERS COUNTY, Texas (KTRK) - A Texas woman, who has been married five times, is accused of causing her most recent husband’s death. Prosecutors are now asking the public for any information they may have about her.

Inside the gated community where 48-year-old Sarah and 46-year-old Joseph Hartsfield moved after getting married last year, there is a sense of disbelief among their neighbors.

“It’s crazy it’s right here, but then again, it shows it can be anywhere, I guess. You got to know your surroundings,” neighbor James Weaver said.
Sarah Hartsfield, 48, is charged with murder in the death of her husband, 46-year-old Joseph...

An ambulance whisked James Hartsfield away in early January, and his wife told everyone it was from a stroke and diabetic complications. Doctors and sheriff’s investigators deemed the illness suspicious, and prosecutors say the suspect’s story raised immediate red flags, even before her husband died on Jan. 15.

“He was kept on life support for about two weeks, I believe. During that time, the wife, who is the defendant now, would not allow his family to see him while he was in a vegetative state to say goodbye. Things just started progressing rapidly in our investigation, where a lot of information wasn’t adding up,” said Chambers County District Attorney Cheryl Lieck-Henry.

Despite posting heartfelt messages and video on social media, prosecutors say Sarah Hartsfield was a cold, calculating killer. She is charged with murder in Joseph Hartsfield’s death.

What people put on social media and what’s really going on in their lives, a lot of the times, are two different things,” Lieck-Henry said.

The district attorney says Sarah Hartsfield lived in 39 different locations over the years, and during that time, she married five times and was engaged a few times, as well.
Joseph Hartsfield, 46, died on Jan. 15 after what doctors and sheriff’s investigators say was a...

Joseph
One of the suspect’s former fiancés was allegedly shot and killed in Minnesota in 2018. It was determined at the time to have been a case of mutual combat, and prosecutors ruled the shooting self-defense. Sarah Hartsfield was never charged.

But now, after her fifth husband’s death, prosecutors want to hear from anyone who knew Sarah Hartsfield.

“We do know her marriages were all short lived, so we’re asking the public for any information they have about her, even if it’s mitigating information. We’re putting a puzzle together, and we need all the pieces,” Lieck-Henry said.

One of Sarah Hartsfield’s ex-husbands says he’s been wondering for 27 years if law enforcement would catch up with her. He claims she cheated on him and several others, as well as harassed him after their divorce.

Sarah Hartsfield is being held on a $5 million bond. She has not yet been arraigned.

Joseph Hartsfield’s official cause of death has not been released.

When the mug shot of Sarah Hartsfield, who's accused of killing her fifth husband, flashed across his computer screen this week, Titus Knoernschild felt shocked and relieved.

"I am glad she has finally been caught for who she is," Knoernschild said, speaking to ABC13 via Zoom from his north Texas home. "I'm just sorry another person had to die to get her caught."

The Sarah Hartsfield charged with murder in Chambers County is the Sarah Smith Knoernschild whom Titus met in high school when both were growing up in Missouri.

Sarah and Titus were high school sweethearts, marrying when they were just teenagers.

"It was rocky," Knoernschild recalled.

Last edited:
“We’re putting a puzzle together, and we need all the pieces,” Henry said. She asked for help with information regarding “any of Hartsfield’s past names, which include Sarah Smith, Sarah Knoernschild, Sarah Traxler, Sarah Donahue, and Sarah George.”

*this one gives me Letecia Stauch creepy vibes

At about 6:30 p.m. that day, the sheriff's office received a call from the hospital about the patient's suspicious illness.

Officials told ABC13 that 46-year-old Joseph had diabetes. They said his insulin levels were extremely high four to six hours before Sarah called 911. They said that his glucose monitor had sounded an alarm for quite some time before action was taken.

"The story that the wife gave the hospital, the deputies, the detectives do not match up to the forensic evidence," Chambers County Sheriff Brian Hawthorne said.

According to authorities, Joseph was in a coma for a week before death.

Videos shared from Joseph's Facebook page to a group on the social media show his wife, Sarah, hunched over his body, crying as he was wheeled away in the hospital bed to have his organs harvested.

"I think all of that adds up to some of the theatrics we are dealing with in this case," Sheriff Hawthorne said.

In 2019, the Douglas County Attorney's Office decided not to move forward with charges against Sarah Donohue -- now Sarah Hartsfield – after she shot and killed her then-fiance David Bragg inside a home in Garfield, Minnesota. Prosecutors ultimately ruled the incident a self-defense shooting.

Deputies responded to a home in Garfield on May 9, 2018 for the report of a domestic disturbance during which shots were fired.

At the scene, they found Bragg dead inside the home. According to the letter from the Douglas County Attorney in 2019, Donohue had claimed that Bragg had assaulted her and fired shots at her on a staircase. She responded by shooting at him, killing him.

At the time, prosecutors said that evidence at the home seemed to support Donohue's version of events. "The facts reveal that Mr. Bragg discharged his firearm at Ms. Donohue from a close proximity while the two were engaged in an altercation that had become physical," wrote Douglas County Attorney Chad Larson. "Under the circumstances, Ms. Donohue was justified in shooting Mr. Bragg as a matter of self-defense as she was facing lethal force and had no reasonable possibility of retreating from the threat. Therefore, I am declining to file criminal charges against Ms. Donohue in relation to Mr. Bragg's death."

https://www.vp21atrk.com/PBGRT/6JHX...1MTzXiZO4nTVuEVcszNSJ6nDw1yC4_ksogNKJoe2s05Rv

Last edited:
"At the scene, they found Bragg dead inside the home. According to the letter from the Douglas County [Minnesota] Attorney in 2019, Donohue had claimed that Bragg [George Bragg -- Sarah Hartsfield's short-lived fiance -- short-lived in more ways than one] had assaulted her and fired shots at her on a staircase. She responded by shooting at him, killing him."

{The DA ruled it self-defense, based upon Sarah Hartsfield's narrative; of course, dead men can tell no lies (or truths)}

Oh, so she just so happened to be armed to the teeth, at the very moment that he was shooting at her on the staircase of their home.

I don't know about you all, but I know that, ever vigilant, I wear my weapon while I do my vacuuming, laundry and even when I sleep at night. Always primed, and at the ready, should someone in the household take a shot at me. (B.S.)

I hope that Cheryl Lieck-Henry, the Chambers County, Texas, DA, gets this woman.

Hartsfield, 48, has been married five times since the mid-1990s. Her children — Donohue and his three sisters — are from her third and longest marriage.

According to Donohue, a postal worker, his family has followed a grim path that includes allegations of abuse and doomed relationships, two deaths and allegations of a murder plot.

One of his sisters confirmed his account but, fearing backlash, she asked not to be identified. His father declined to comment.

Donohue said his mother grew up in Sedalia, Missouri, a small town about 145km southeast of Kansas City.

When she was younger, she was in and out of foster care. Donohue knew both sets of her foster parents and considered them grandparents, he said.

“From the outside looking in, things were great,” he said. “We grew up in an environment where how you were presented meant everything. You always said ‘Yes ma’am.’ You never questioned anything.”

He described his mother as the smartest person he knows — someone who could change the world if she “put her brain to doing the right thing”

"At the scene, they found Bragg dead inside the home. According to the letter from the Douglas County [Minnesota] Attorney in 2019, Donohue had claimed that Bragg [George Bragg -- Sarah Hartsfield's short-lived fiance -- short-lived in more ways than one] had assaulted her and fired shots at her on a staircase. She responded by shooting at him, killing him."

{The DA ruled it self-defense, based upon Sarah Hartsfield's narrative; of course, dead men can tell no lies (or truths)}

Oh, so she just so happened to be armed to the teeth, at the very moment that he was shooting at her on the staircase of their home.

I don't know about you all, but I know that, ever vigilant, I wear my weapon while I do my vacuuming, laundry and even when I sleep at night. Always primed, and at the ready, should someone in the household take a shot at me. (B.S.)

I hope that Cheryl Lieck-Henry, the Chambers County, Texas, DA, gets this woman.

Dateline just devoted 2 hours to this case. The DA wants everyone who has ever known Sarah Hartsfield to contact her office if they believe they have information. Sarah's own children say they were raised in an incredible environment filled with domestic violence and child abuse. smh

Here's a new article:

"Her mugshot made it to a man who supervised her in the U.S. Army [at Ft. Eustis, Newport News, Virginia] more than a decade ago.

'It was a little bit of a surprise, but [at second thought] it was like, Oh my gosh, she finally got busted,' Cpt. Alfonz Markovics told only KPRC 2. 'The surprise was that she got caught.'

He’s now retired but served as her supervisor at Fort Eustis in Newport News, Virginia in 2012. He called Sarah Hartsfield “whip-smart.”

‘The surprise was that she got caught’: Sarah Hartsfield’s retired Army boss calls murder suspect ‘whip smart’

Here's a new article:

"Her mugshot made it to a man who supervised her in the U.S. Army [at Ft. Eustis, Newport News, Virginia] more than a decade ago.

'It was a little bit of a surprise, but [at second thought] it was like, Oh my gosh, she finally got busted,' Cpt. Alfonz Markovics told only KPRC 2. 'The surprise was that she got caught.'

He’s now retired but served as her supervisor at Fort Eustis in Newport News, Virginia in 2012. He called Sarah Hartsfield “whip-smart.”

‘The surprise was that she got caught’: Sarah Hartsfield’s retired Army boss calls murder suspect ‘whip smart’
Ted Bundy was "whip smart" and it took a long time to catch him. I think Sarah is a sociopath who finally got caught and that's a very good thing!

O……M……G…..
I am modifying the Forrest Gump line: Not “Stupid is and stupid does”

More like

“Crazy is as crazy does” - Just not enough for insanity plea.

Gotta love Dateline!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back