Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023 #2 *Arrests*

Assuming she shared a bed with her (common law?) husband, he didn't have free access to his own bedroom? Credibility check on Aisle 7.

Can't for the life of me see any advantage to her with this bit of storytelling.

JMO
Maybe he snored heavily or she did and they slept in separate rooms. She locked the door "No, you can't come in" LOL

JMO

Assuming she shared a bed with her (common law?) husband, he didn't have free access to his own bedroom? Credibility check on Aisle 7.

Can't for the life of me see any advantage to her with this bit of storytelling.

JMO
It may be truth for the simple reason that her son is a drug user. Maybe it's a precaution to prevent him stealing her jewellery and from her purse.

MOO

JMO

To me, it speaks to their relative innocence in all of this, sadly. They're hardly coming off as hardened high end criminals so much as a pair of parents in terrible shock and reeling from fear. They've likely been led a merry dance by CP who god only knows what tales and lies he told them and what prior history has gone on.

It's always been the towel that's did it for me. As soon as I saw that white rolled up towel float like magic into RP's hand, I felt these were domesticated people - a middle age mother and father desperately helping their child. Admittedly I did think it was a different child because I'd got a different young person in the frame.

I wish their innocence would have had them call LE and not take matters into their own hands, they'd have remained free people and there's something quite heartbreaking about that IMO. JMO.

1705175397392.png

She may think she was the only person to have a key to the room with the gun, but unless she wore the key on her person 24/7, then son could've known where the key was hidden. MOO, everytime she wanted to go into that room it'd become apparent to the other members of the household where she kept the key. Okay, maybe she did wear the key around her neck 24/7, but son may have known how to pick that lock. I just don't think her statement sinks her.

Lock with a key on a bedroom door is a bit out of the ordinary. Some reason for that. Didn't want someone going in there for what ever reason.

JMO
I was glad of a door I could lock when a family member I felt unsafe around was living here for a few months. I also locked my door from the outside when one of my nephews went through a thankfully short phase of stealing small things whenever he visited. People lock their bedroom doors for all kinds of reasons. Generally, though, in my experience, it's because of potential unwanted intrusion by a family member.

MOO

<modsnip - quoted post was removed/no source for statement of fact>

Tattooing tends to happen on the business end of a gun, generally when you're within inches of the muzzle. It's superheated gasses and unburned gunpowder, and leaves small burns and marks on clothing and skin. WARNING, PM PHOTOS

GSR can be removed by washing, wiping or brushing.

GSR is very fragile and easily lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, it speaks to their relative innocence in all of this, sadly. They're hardly coming off as hardened high end criminals so much as a pair of parents in terrible shock and reeling from fear. They've likely been led a merry dance by CP who god only knows what tales and lies he told them and what prior history has gone on.

It's always been the towel that's did it for me. As soon as I saw that white rolled up towel float like magic into RP's hand, I felt these were domesticated people - a middle age mother and father desperately helping their child. Admittedly I did think it was a different child because I'd got a different young person in the frame.

I wish their innocence would have had them call LE and not take matters into their own hands, they'd have remained free people and there's something quite heartbreaking about that IMO. JMO.
I can still see the DA making a deal with MR and maybe even RP and spending little to no jail time, time served.

The defense is going to go wild over the fact that MR said the gun is hers and was kept in a locked room which she only had the key, raising reasonable doubt that CP did not commit the crime, MR did.

JMO

Lock with a key on a bedroom door is a bit out of the ordinary. Some reason for that. Didn't want someone going in there for what ever reason.

JMO
I could be off base here but is it possible the dad has a felony conviction and they didn't want him to get felon in possession of a gun, so the story about it being locked in her bedroom?

JMO
Quoting myself because I hadn't thought of the reasons people might lock their doors, namely family members who can't be trusted. That makes sense.

jmo

I was glad of a door I could lock when a family member I felt unsafe around was living here for a few months. I also locked my door from the outside when one of my nephews went through a thankfully short phase of stealing small things whenever he visited. People lock their bedroom doors for all kinds of reasons. Generally, though, in my experience, it's because of potential unwanted intrusion by a family member.

MOO
I understand that, but normally a bedroom door does not have a lock that a key is needed to unlock it. You use a little metal rod or bic pen tube to push the mechanism inside the handle to unlock the door from outside the room if the door is locked and you need to enter. They are what is sometimes referred to as a privacy lock. Bedroom, bathroom doors have them.

IMO a bedroom door lock set with an actual key is something that someone would have had to have installed specifically. Their house doesn't look that old, some really old houses had locks with skeleton keys on every door, but I'm sure that predates this house.

If you had a lock that could easily been opened using a generic tool, you weren't really secure from your nephew stealing your things when he visited, if he knew how to unlock a privacy lock.

JMO

Quoting myself because I hadn't thought of the reasons people might lock their doors, namely family members who can't be trusted. That makes sense.

jmo

Or lodgers, visitors, groundskeepers, care workers, prevention from burglars, having small children regularly visit, etc.

Not saying there are any of those but for some families if they keep cash around the house, or guns, or legal paperwork, medications, or illicit substances, or precious items / expensive jewellery, rare and collectable valuables, or even just their alcohol store, they're going to want to be able to lock the door so it's all safe when they're not at home or even when they're just sitting out the back garden and there's people coming and going or visiting.

I understand that, but normally a bedroom door does not have a lock that a key is needed to unlock it. You use a little metal rod or bic pen tube to push the mechanism inside the handle to unlock the door from outside the room if the door is locked and you need to enter. They are what is sometimes referred to as a privacy lock. Bedroom, bathroom doors have them.

IMO a bedroom door lock set with an actual key is something that someone would have had to have installed specifically. Their house doesn't look that old, some really old houses had locks with skeleton keys on every door, but I'm sure that predates this house.

If you had a lock that could easily been opened using a generic tool, you weren't really secure from your nephew stealing your things when he visited, if he knew how to unlock a privacy lock.

JMO
By the time I was eight I knew a door that could be opened with a fork handle wasn't even an illusion of safety, it just made the person trying to get in madder. I didn't play around, it's got a snib inside, but a proper key lock outside.

(Scuse the smudges, cream paint shows everything.)

IMG_20240114_073607.jpg

Tl;dr, in my opinion, anyone who keylocks their bedroom door has a reason.
a) they live in a sharehouse situation,
or b) at one time or another, they had a family member who they didn't trust to respect their boundaries.

I've had both. Right now, it's just the sharehouse thing (my mother, me, my partner, my mother's friend/colleague), and as far as I know, none of us are locking our doors though we could if we wanted or needed to.

MOO

Last edited:
By the time I was eight I knew a door that could be opened with a fork handle wasn't even an illusion of safety, it just made the person trying to get in madder. I didn't play around, it's got a snib inside, but a proper key lock outside.

(Scuse the smudges, cream paint shows everything.)

View attachment 474422

Tl;dr, in my opinion, anyone who keylocks their bedroom door has a reason.
a) they live in a sharehouse situation,
or b) at one time or another, they had a family member who they didn't trust to respect their boundaries.

I've had both. Right now, it's just the sharehouse thing (my mother, me, my partner, my mother's friend/colleague), and as far as I know, none of us are locking our doors though we could if we wanted or needed to.

MOO
I'm glad you agree with me that a bedroom door lock set with a key is something someone would have likely had to have installed specifically for extra security and to keep anyone with kitchen utensils at their disposal out. That was really the only point I was trying to make.

MR I think had her bedroom door lock set changed in order to have a key to keep who ever out. If she always kept the door locked and she was the only one that had the key, how did CP get her gun is my question. Unless she didn't normally keep her gun in her locked bedroom and only did so thinking LE might not search there since the door was lockable.

The affidavit says the gun was "concealed" in the bedroom. Does that mean it was purposely hidden so maybe it wouldn't be found? I doubt LE would have used that word if the gun was just lying in a dresser drawer or gun safe. My bet is the gun was hidden, so maybe LE wouldn't find it.

I'm also glad you feel safe, if you want to, that is if you decide to lock your door that can only be opened with a key.

JMO
When my college-age son moved into a garage apartment, he lost his only key. He hired a Pop-A-Lock company to open the lock. The next day, he had a copy made.
My husband purchased a lock pick kit online and practiced during his lunch breaks. His skill has come in handy to unlock deadbolts and filing cabinets.

Sorry if this has been said before but I wonder if one possibly reason MR locked her bedroom door is because of the presence of the gun? Perhaps the relative who gave her the firearm didn’t provide her with a gun safe and she thought installing a lock on the door was a cheaper or easier alternative, in particular if there was concern that one of their kids or a possible intruder could get their hands on it? For example, if someone had threatened to commit homicide or suicide before that could possibly motivate a gun owner to lock the room they keep their weapons.

I also agree it is possible that perhaps there was concern that one of the residents of the household was stealing money, jewelry or other valuable items. For example, they were used the stolen items to pay for substances or fund a substance use disorder, including those based on alcohol, marijuana or narcotics, or someone struggles with a gambling addiction.

I also wonder about the possibility of CP sneaking in and out of the room perhaps while his parents are cooking or due to the co-occurrence of the holiday season, while his parents are running around decorating, gathering and wrapping gifts and such too?

I think the parents were simply trying to cover for the son. By saying Noone has access to her bedroom but herself, and she is the only one with the key, it essentially puts a wrinkle in the investigation.

We know the gun was used to commit the murders, but it hasn't been made public if the crime was caught on camera.

How do you prove in court that CP stole the key from his mom, and took the gun from her room, if she is standing on her statement that noone had access but her? I'm sure she is lying but she is giving the defense something to use for reasonable doubt.

I think the parents were simply trying to cover for the son. By saying Noone has access to her bedroom but herself, and she is the only one with the key, it essentially puts a wrinkle in the investigation.

We know the gun was used to commit the murders, but it hasn't been made public if the crime was caught on camera.

How do you prove in court that CP stole the key from his mom, and took the gun from her room, if she is standing on her statement that noone had access but her? I'm sure she is lying but she is giving the defense something to use for reasonable doubt.

LOL no offence intended to the poster but trust me the judge and jury aren't going to believe a lying mother over the top of CCTV videos and ballistics forensics.

I don't how how the defence are going to attempt to defend poor MR but they'd be barking up the wrong tree if they even so much as reference this idea.

The best that could be hoped for is that people may come to believe MR was unaware CP snuck in her room took the gun and returned it whilst she was still unaware - even that is very hard to believe. JMO IANAL

Last edited:
When one of my sons was coming into our bedroom to look for money/wallets/etc to take to buy weed, we put a keyed lock on our door. But BOTH my husband and I had a key that we kept with us at all times. You wouldn't have just one parent have a key to their own bedroom--there are always going to be times when the person with the key is out of the house (grocery shopping, work, etc) and the other parent is going to need in the room to get something important, change clothes, or go to sleep.

Not picking on Autumn specifically: just quoting to relate a thought on the topic of MR has the only key:
What if, day by day, this isn't actually a bedroom but rather an office or crafts room or similar? The single key would then make a little more sense...And if the HVAC service business is actually a one man shop, its possible that there are customer incentives for paying in cash: which leads to the potential for sizeable amounts of cash to be delivered to the house....And stored? In a room with a gun?

As far as any real estate listing goes, its still a bedroom and it may still contain a bed, but day by day for the household, it serves a different purpose.

Only speculation: Nothing to back it up but the single key portion of the story.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back