Found Deceased TX - Savanah Soto, 18, Leon Valley, 22 December 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet it won’t be long before an arrest is made in this case.
San Antonio police detectives are probably already reviewing text and social media messages to and from both victims and looking at video from various cameras in the area. There would have to be A LOT of cameras in and around this highly populated area.

Be patient. It's coming.

My impression is the groups MG, SS, and ES were around are all pretty small and known to each other well. Probably several members of the same family involved at some levels.

I think the list of suspects is also going to be pretty small, and the connections will be apparent soon, if not already known.

Nothing so far explains the "perplexing" description.
He also said, that Lina Sardar Khil's family (who was from Afghanistan) spoke an "uncommon Arabic dialect"..
But what was perplexing about that, was that as Chief of Police, he's running the show and Pashto translators were arranged and as a city with lots of military connections to Iraq and Afghanistan and translators, I was like, "Huh?";)

I'm not reading much into it!

Last edited:
@Teche
Assault Bodily Injury- Married What Does that Mean? - The Locke Law Group

What Is Meant by Married? Or Fam/Hou?

"In Texas, Domestic Violence occurs when violence is present between the actor and any member of their family, their household, a significant other or a spouse. For some reason, Bexar County will shorten this in their system to either Married or to Fam/Hou. What you are seeing when you see this is just a code, it is not a formal charge or an information (the document that brings you to court)."
Thank you. I was unfamiliar with this term.

Two bodies found inside a car, believed to belong to a missing Texas teen who was nine months pregnant and her boyfriend, each had a gunshot wound, police said Wednesday.

“The medical examiner’s office will conduct a death investigation to determine cause of death and confirmation of the victims’ identity,” a Wednesday police statement said. “This investigation remains ongoing.”

The case has been listed as a “Capital Murder due to the death of an unborn child,” San Antonio Police Lt. Michelle Ramos told CNN Wednesday.

Two bodies found inside a car, believed to belong to a missing Texas teen who was nine months pregnant and her boyfriend, each had a gunshot wound, police said Wednesday.

“The medical examiner’s office will conduct a death investigation to determine cause of death and confirmation of the victims’ identity,” a Wednesday police statement said. “This investigation remains ongoing.”

The case has been listed as a “Capital Murder due to the death of an unborn child,” San Antonio Police Lt. Michelle Ramos told CNN Wednesday.

I think it can still be capital murder if the suspect is presumed dead. I also think it could be "perplexing" to murder your gf on the day she's supposed to give birth to your child. I'm remaining open to all possibilities right now, though.

Here are my take aways:

There’s a history of DV, There’s gang activity related to deceased, they were both shot,The child was unborn, the families are telling opposing details ( who was in the front or back seats).
<modsnip: discussing rumors>

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, if true, this changes things in a big way. We're talking a likely execution style double murder at a separate location, and their bodies being dumped in the vehicle afterwards:

Crime scene details​

Soto's brother, Jordan Corona, told CBS News that police told him there was no weapon found at the scene, and that both Guerra and Soto were shot in the back of the head.

Laura Cordova said a detective told her that Guerra was found slumped over in the backseat of the vehicle, and that Soto was in the front.

Soto was holding a car seat, according to her mother.

"She had the car seat on her lap, so she was going to the hospital," Gloria Cordova said.

Police have said that the car might have been at the location where it was found "possibly for three or four days."

Ok, if true, this changes things in a big way. We're talking a likely execution style double murder at a separate location, and their bodies being dumped in the vehicle afterwards:

Crime scene details​

Soto's brother, Jordan Corona, told CBS News that police told him there was no weapon found at the scene, and that both Guerra and Soto were shot in the back of the head.

Laura Cordova said a detective told her that Guerra was found slumped over in the backseat of the vehicle, and that Soto was in the front.

"She had the car seat on her lap, so she was going to the hospital," Gloria Cordova said.

Police have said that the car might have been at the location where it was found "possibly for three or four days."

No weapon found at the scene, she was shot in the back of the head, AND she had a car seat in her lap? That's.... odd. I'm having a hard time imagining what went on.

Crime scene details​

I dunno, someone could shoot someone in the back of the head as they were distracted putting a car seat in the car and then shove the body into the backseat and shoot themselves in the drivers seat. Still playing a bit of devils advocate until we know more.

Another possibility for "perplexing" is "coffin birth" which can occur 48-72 hours post mortem of the mother. An expelled fetus with the mother would be a difficult sight to behold.
I wouldn't find it perplexing that a fully termed woman's body expelled the baby at death. It's happened before so my mind is running off in a different direction.

I dunno, someone could shoot someone in the back of the head as they were distracted putting a car seat in the car and then shove the body into the backseat and shoot themselves in the drivers seat. Still playing a bit of devils advocate until we know more.
Apparently no gun was recovered though, and its incredibly rare to see a suicide with a gunshot wound to the back of the head.

I think it can still be capital murder if the suspect is presumed dead. I also think it could be "perplexing" to murder your gf on the day she's supposed to give birth to your child. I'm remaining open to all possibilities right now, though.
Capital murder is a criminal (potential death penalty) charge.
It exists in jurisdictions where they have the death penalty

BF can't be charged with a death penalty crime because he is dead.

Crime scene details​

This family is talking a lot. wonder how this impacts the investigation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74