TX - Several police officers shot, raid, 2 people killed, Houston, 28 Jan 2019 *6 officers charged*

ABC13 Houston

In law enforcement audio, police dispatchers scrambled to coordinate help for five officers shot while serving a warrant in southeast Houston.

'We need more ambulances!': 911 audio captures chaos

In law enforcement audio, police dispatchers scrambled to coordinate help for five officers shot while serving a warrant in southeast Houston.

"We need more ambulances!" one dispatcher screamed across radio late Monday afternoon.

"We have multiple officers shot, multiple officers shot." another screamed. "We need multiple ambulances."

[...]

2 officers in surgery right now in critical but stable condition.
2 officers injured but ambulatory.
1 officer discharged from Memorial Hermann Hospital.
A dozen narcotics officers and 6 uniformed officers were on the scene serving search warrants. Suspects opened fire after LE identified themselves at the front door.

2 suspects were killed.

Last edited:
officers injured were these ages:
Age 50
Age 50
Age 54 has been shot several times previously in the line of duty
Age 40
Age 33
4 officers were injured by gunfire.
A 5th officer sustained a knee injury that was not from gunfire.
These officers have not been publically named yet as the Chief of Police Art Acevedo is being very sensitive to be sure all families are notified first.

Last edited:
*caution - screaming stomping tantrum ahead*

It really TICKS ME OFF that at 5:15 when I got a Broadcastify alert that multiple officers were down, I turned on CNN and got - politics. Turned on CNBC - politics. Turned on Fox - politiecs. Tried HLN - canned Forensic Files. Checked the networks during national news - politics. WTH has to happen before they’ll pull away from their usual 24/7 and cover a story about real life heroes risking their lives for the safety of the community?!?!!!

Finally one of my local channels (in another state) streamed the Houston station’s coverage in their app.

Unfreakinbelievable.

My prayers are with the officers and their families. I’ve gotten that phone call. Don’t wish it on anyone. Perhaps that’s why I’m so passionate about this.

(Lest anyone fear TOS, this is not a political post. It’s a pissed at the media post).

*tantrum over but I’m still hiccuping *

Asking media not to go to officers' homes because some were undercover. One news station is already outside one of their homes..
Oh hell no. Oh. Hell. No. I’m a member of the media and I’d sooner walk off the job than do that. When my BIL was shot in the line of duty he had guards at the hospital to keep them out but nobody tried to get to his house. That’s....I better quit before I get put in the closet. Going to get a pepsi.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back