TX - Several police officers shot, raid, 2 people killed, Houston, 28 Jan 2019 *6 officers charged*

*caution - screaming stomping tantrum ahead*

It really TICKS ME OFF that at 5:15 when I got a Broadcastify alert that multiple officers were down, I turned on CNN and got - politics. Turned on CNBC - politics. Turned on Fox - politiecs. Tried HLN - canned Forensic Files. Checked the networks during national news - politics. WTH has to happen before they’ll pull away from their usual 24/7 and cover a story about real life heroes risking their lives for the safety of the community?!?!!!

Finally one of my local channels (in another state) streamed the Houston station’s coverage in their app.

Unfreakinbelievable.

My prayers are with the officers and their families. I’ve gotten that phone call. Don’t wish it on anyone. Perhaps that’s why I’m so passionate about this.

(Lest anyone fear TOS, this is not a political post. It’s a pissed at the media post).

*tantrum over but I’m still hiccuping *
Try the radio. I was washing dishes listening to the radio when I heard the news. I switched to a different radio station that I thought might have more info, and that station was also covering it. Then I came here to WS as I knew it would have the best info.

Radio stations still cover breaking news, from my experience.

ymmv and jmo

*caution - screaming stomping tantrum ahead*

It really TICKS ME OFF that at 5:15 when I got a Broadcastify alert that multiple officers were down, I turned on CNN and got - politics. Turned on CNBC - politics. Turned on Fox - politiecs. Tried HLN - canned Forensic Files. Checked the networks during national news - politics. WTH has to happen before they’ll pull away from their usual 24/7 and cover a story about real life heroes risking their lives for the safety of the community?!?!!!

Finally one of my local channels (in another state) streamed the Houston station’s coverage in their app.

Unfreakinbelievable.

My prayers are with the officers and their families. I’ve gotten that phone call. Don’t wish it on anyone. Perhaps that’s why I’m so passionate about this.

(Lest anyone fear TOS, this is not a political post. It’s a pissed at the media post).

*tantrum over but I’m still hiccuping *
I totally agree! I was flabbergasted that I could not find any news about this tragic incident.:mad:

I believe the wounded LE were all undercover officers, at least Chief Acevedo alluded to that when he chasticized whatever media folks had found their way to one of the officer’s homes. Perhaps they will not be publically named because of that? I certainly support whatever makes their mission safer. I just wish we could honor them as the heroes they are, but bow to what is best for their well-being, and the safety of the community at large.

'Shot for third time': Veteran officer hailed a hero in shootout

Acevedo said the 54-year-old officer, who was working undercover and will not be identified, made the breach before several officers entered. Another officer who entered first was attacked by a pit bull. Tuttle then struck that officer in the shoulder.

Two more officers were wounded in a shootout with the suspects.

Acevedo then said the hero officer was among several who left their cover positions and went in to pull their partners out.

The officer was shot in the neck in the process.

"I had to get in there because I knew my guys were down," the officer later said in a note to Acevedo.

Husband and wife killed in shootout with HPD officers
"A group of narcotics officers came under fire while trying to serve a search warrant in southeast Houston late Monday afternoon.
Rhogena Nicholas, 58, and her husband Dennis Tuttle, 59, have been identified as the two suspects who were killed at the house in the 7800 block of Harding."

Dennis Tuttle & Rhogena Nicholas: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

upload_2019-1-30_0-26-56.jpeg

Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas, a married couple, were named as the two suspects who police say opened fire on multiple Houston, Texas police officers in a suspected drug house, shooting four of them and wounding a fifth.

The mass shooting left Tuttle, 59, and Nicholas, 58, dead and the five officers wounded in the hospital. All of the officers have survived, however. One officer, though, is fighting to recover, the chief said. The January 28, 2019 gun battle erupted during a dangerous search warrant execution at a home suspected of being tied to the dealing of black tar heroin, police say. Tuttle filled his Facebook page with pictures showing him with Nicholas, who was known as “Regi.” Nicholas had a Twitter page where she had liked various posts by President Trump.

Some people who knew the pair expressed shock that police say they were dealing heroin.

Police Chief Art Acevedo made a plea for lawmakers to do something about the prevalence of guns in the country. “Crooks are going to be crooks. The question is, what are we in society and what are elected officials, going to do,” he said in a January 29 press conference.

Here’s what you need to know:

[...]

Dallas Relative Of Houston Police Shooter Arrives At Crime Scene: ‘Our Prayers Are With The Officers’

One of the suspects who was shot to death after shooting Houston Police officers Monday, had ties to Dallas.

Outside Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas’ house Tuesday, where bullet holes and crime scene tape haven’t gone anywhere, Tuttle’s sister Elizabeth Ferrari arrived from Dallas

asuspects-4.jpg

She drove down after hearing her brother and his wife were killed in the gun battle with police who were trying to serve a drug warrant.

“I do not know any other details other than I came here hoping that it was incorrect,” said Ferrari.

Once she got there and realized what had happened, she offered a message for the injured officers.

“Our prayers are with the officers and their families who were effected. It’s a very tough situation,” said Ferrari.

[....]

Houston Police on Twitter

Great news from doctors: Our 25-year veteran officer was released from Memorial Hermann Hospital a short time ago. #hounews

A fifth officer, 33, 10-yr veteran, shot in the shoulder, was released Monday night.

Information on the incident and photos & identities of the two deceased suspects can be found at -->

2 other officers are in good condition. One of them, 50 years old, 25-yr veteran, shot in the face, could be released later today. The other, 50 years old, 27-yr veteran, suffered a serious knee injury and will remain in the hospital. 2/4

Great news from doctors: Our 25-year veteran officer was released from Memorial Hermann Hospital a short time ago. #hounews

A fifth officer, 33, 10-yr veteran, shot in the shoulder, was released Monday night.

Information on the incident and photos & identities of the two deceased suspects can be found at -->

2 other officers are in good condition. One of them, 50 years old, 25-yr veteran, shot in the face, could be released later today. The other, 50 years old, 27-yr veteran, suffered a serious knee injury and will remain in the hospital. 2/4
*tears*

This is the BEST news!

Wow... this is amazing news. I’m hopeful for the remaining officer who was shot that family requested no updates be released. I’m also shocked at the fact that the officer with the knee injury is still hospitalized. I’m not even sure what type of injury to the knee one can suffer that would involve multiple days as an inpatient in the hospital. It must’ve been a terrible injury. Praying for all of their recoveries!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shaunie
Back