TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

I just want to say, as I sit here on this :fence: ----it is still possible that the husband is an innocent victim in all of this nightmare.

Sadly, there are horrid monsters out there who do enter homes and brutally kill women and children. It is rare, but it does happen. I am not ready to aim my anger at hubby, quite yet...

Prior to the internet, did you never see an obituary which stated, "in lieu of flowers, please send donations for funeral expenses to the family in care of such and such bank?"
This is just the new that.
Funerals are incredibly expensive. I was 22 when my son died. I needed help. It was before the internet but I'm sure someone would have started a fund like that for me if it had been possible.
People need help for funerals; this is just the modern process of something that's already been happening.

Why do people begrudge donations to others in need?

I am truly sorry for your loss. NO parent should have to bury their child. I'm old - I'm really not into
the internet, but I understand that is how it works now. I meant no disrespect. I always give to
people in need, I even volunteer. I didn't mean to sound insincere.

I'm sorry to hear this. You're probably not having a good night, tonight. Sending a hug from Texas.
Aww thank you. Y'all are so sweet. I got a bottle of wine today from my coworker, but don't drink much and realized I don't have anything to open it with! I do have some chocolate, though, so I'm cool :)

How could anyone do that to a little tiny baby? Baby necks are for smelling! Especially that little extra soft spot on the nape! Ugh.

They did call him a suspect. Because he won't let them clear him and he is hindering the investigation by having his lawyer telling him to plead the 5th on every question they ask. Or simply don't answer them and/ or dont be in contact with them at all.

Sorry,I did not see that posted.I will go back and look.Is there a link?TIA.
I did read that he has not been eliminated but they did not outright say he was a suspect.
I deleted my post.

Sorry,I did not see that posted.I will go back and look.Is there a link?TIA.

“This extremely hinders our ability to move ahead and definitely hinders our ability to eliminate him,” Barron told the newspaper.

Asked if Vandewege has been ruled out as a suspect, Barron said, “Anyone we can’t eliminate is obviously suspect until we can eliminate them.

Ok. They say he is suspect. Which to me means definitely a poi if not the main suspect since they can't move further for now while he is hindering things.

So it seems like he is sluethable just like Mark Sievers.

Anyways link here

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58599befe4b0de3a08f346b0?section=us_crime

After reading how the the baby was murdered, I have to wonder if the murderer was a religious zealot, acting out the bible story of Issac and Abraham but took it too far.

I just want to say, as I sit here on this :fence: ----it is still possible that the husband is an innocent victim in all of this nightmare.

Sadly, there are horrid monsters out there who do enter homes and brutally kill women and children. It is rare, but it does happen. I am not ready to aim my anger at hubby, quite yet...

Lol. You just want to have a pillow fight. Lol

But mom said no and its too cold for a vacation.

Hmmmmm.

Plus I'm trying to quit drinking. And Websleuths brawls are more brutal than bar fights.

Lol. Just kidding.

Hopefully LE will learn more even without his participation.

Not too sure when we can sleuth him. Let me know, please. I already received a TO on the
SP case.

i absolutely do not begrudge such for people and i apologize if that's how it sounded. usually life insurance is in place for those terrible but sometimes unavoidable necessities. i merely thought it was telling of financial troubles which could be motive. nothing more. my apologies.

but is there a difference for holiday hours? honest question. we don't have a Costco in my county so i am not clear on that.

After reading how the the baby was murdered, I have to wonder if the murderer was a religious zealot, acting out the bible story of Issac and Abraham but took it too far.
I don't really know that story very well, can you summarize? Is it something about god demanding a sacrifice but then saying no since you were willing you don't actually have to? I likely have that very wrong.

I'm not certain CV is the killer. He is, however, the most likely suspect statistically.

And, LE sure went out of their way today -- after four days of virtual silence -- to let the public know that he's no longer cooperating, he hasn't been able or willing to get himself cleared, and thus they're not looking for other suspects at this time.

Sometimes LE gets tunneled-vision and they hinder themselves; it happens.

But, as of now, CV is the only named suspect, according to LE.

I still can't wrap my head around the baby's dad slitting his son's throat - let alone anyone slitting a
baby's throat. With that being said...this baby posed no threat. IMO - this was personal. I just can't
believe LE hasn't come out and told the community that there is no danger. I can't imagine living down the
block with my kids. I understand LE wants to keep things tight-lipped, but why do the residents have
to live in fear?

As someone else posted, a funding page seems to be common after deaths these days.

At the '' site yesterday, I noticed the person setting up the page (coordinator? sponsor? what-ev term) identified self w female name and being in Colorado but nothing about whether she is friend, family, co-worker, etc. Also said the $ would be used for funeral & other expenses, w $10,000 as goal.

Not commenting or making judgment about it and not linking to the site.

I still can't wrap my head around the baby's dad slitting his son's throat - let alone anyone slitting a
baby's throat. With that being said...this baby posed no threat. IMO - this was personal. I just can't
believe LE hasn't come out and told the community that there is no danger. I can't imagine living down the
block with my kids. I understand LE wants to keep things tight-lipped, but why do the residents have
to live in fear?

It really is almost unfathomable.

I'm following the murder case of Katrina Rivera and baby Josiah here too. It's a horrific case and hard to believe any man could do what their killer did, much less the long-time partner of the woman and the father of the baby. But, he did.

And, Justin Ross Harris seemed like a happily married dude and father of the year. But, if one believes the jury got it right, he let his sweet toddler bake to death for hours in the Georgia heat.

I'm hoping CV didn't do this and whoever did will be caught soon. But, I'm not surprised CV is the only named suspect and won't be surprised if he did it.

IMO, LE's statements to the press today was their way of letting the public know they don't believe there's a baby killer on the loose in Fort Worth (without making themselves liable for directly accusing anyone before they have enough probable cause for arrest).

As someone else posted, a funding page seems to be common after deaths these days.

At the '' site yesterday, I noticed the person setting up the page (coordinator? sponsor? what-ev term) identified self w female name and being in Colorado but nothing about whether she is friend, family, co-worker, etc. Also said the $ would be used for funeral & other expenses, w $10,000 as goal.

Not commenting or making judgment about it and not linking to the site.

A lady in Jessica Chambers case was just sentenced to 7 years in prison for setting up a fake go fund me in Jessicas honor. The lady wasn't a family member nor a friend or nothing.

So she was basically stealing money from those that thought they were helping Jessicas family.

I am so sorry, but where did they name CV as a suspect?
This is naming him?
Asked if Vandewege has been ruled out as a suspect, Barron said, “Anyone we can’t eliminate is obviously suspect until we can eliminate them.

IMO, you really can't trust . When I attend a wake, I fill out an envelope that is provided
by the funeral home & donate my money to the family.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boxtobox
Back