TX - Shanna, 36, & Diederik Vandewege, 3 mos, slain, Fort Worth, 15 Dec 2016 *GUILTY*

Do we know what job title at Costco Mr. Vandewege holds?

I've been curious about that, along with confirmation of which FW Costco employed CV and what his hours were on the day of the murders. Haven't seen any of those details in MSM yet.

It was on the TV not in the article. The article didn't provide the entire transcript.

Don't see where her dad said he doesn't thing CV is involved did I miss something. CV is in Colorado now huh. Further muddies up the investigation IMO.
Yep. It was on the TV- not in tithe article. In fact the newscaster said he spoke with MR, SV's dad, and said "any suggestion that CV is involved is absurd".

Yep. It was on the TV- not in tithe article. In fact the newscaster said he spoke with MR, SV's dad, and said "any suggestion that CV is involved is absurd".
I would agree that a dad slitting the throat of a 3 month old is absurd. But the thought that a stranger would
do it is more absurd.

Did anyone else find this statement interesting?

“Ms. Barrows will be overshadowing the pretrial investigation for now,” said the paralegal, who would only identify herself by her first name, Caitlin. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/community/fort-worth/article121971809.html#storylink=cpy

Just strikes me as odd, in that the attorney's rep makes it seem like CV has been charged and there's a trial forthcoming.

Yes!! I found that to be quite interesting....or telling....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Scott Peterson's Father-in-law said the same thing at first.

I would agree that a dad slitting the throat of a 3 month old is absurd. But the thought that a stranger would
do it is more absurd.

I'm thinking ^ both are equally absurd, either a dad or a (maybe mentally ill or drug crazed) stranger would do it.
But we know that ^ both have happened before and sadly will happen again.

This time? The culprit? IDK.
I feel comfortable in ruling out ETs in a flying saucer from outer space as culprits but not ready to rule anyone else out yet.

:rose:
Sad, sad, sad. RIP Mother & Baby.

For those asking there were no signs of forced entry according to news reports and I was also told this directly from the police.

There was a lot of activity at the home yesterday. Police and crime scene unit back on site for an extended period of time.

Several have asked here about the neighborhood etc. This is a very safe area with minimal crime beyond the occasional vehicle break ins etc and even those are rare.

There are two in Fort Worth proper and then two others nearby. One in Southlake and one in Arlington.

do it is more absurd.

Evil people do absurd things. I don't get your logic of how it's MORE absurd for a stranger to do it than the baby's father.

For those asking there were no signs of forced entry according to news reports and I was also told this directly from the police.

There was a lot of activity at the home yesterday. Police and crime scene unit back on site for an extended period of time.

Several have asked here about the neighborhood etc. This is a very safe area with minimal crime beyond the occasional vehicle break ins etc and even those are rare.

I'll say first of all that I have no idea if CV did it. He may have. But I hope that LE won't get too attached too soon to one theory. Certainly not just because there were no signs of forced entry, or because "things like that don't happen in this neighborhood."

In the Amanda Blackburn case, there was no forced entry either. The husband went to the gym early and left the front door unlocked.

The neighborhood had been safe in the past , but someone had just burglarized a house two doors down and then saw Davy Blackburn leaving for work and seized the opportunity to do that house too. Shot the pregnant Amanda in the head.

If I'm a burglar, I might seek out neighborhoods that have NOT been burglarized in the past. Those folks are more likely to have their guard down, leave doors unlocked and alarm systems off.

I just read elsewhere how husband 'lawyered up' so came here and read about the last 4 pages - no time to read all.
No way do I think husband is guilty but still I have a few comments that all lean the other direction:
1. If I were in this situation, I would talk with police, and over and over and over. No 'lawyer advice' would stop me from fully cooperating to try to be of help to find the killer.
2. In the Theresa Sievers case, her side of the family gushed initially 'oh Mark loved her so much - never - blah de blah'.
3. In domestic abuse relationships, the time around when mom is pregnant and has had the child is a danger time. Once baby's born, dad can get super angry and jealous that he's not center stage anymore.
4. The 2 slit throats is odd. It feels like the killer would have researched 'kills' online and decided that was best. I fully expect duct tape was used....

If you are innocent. But truly understand how innocent people could be charged and found guilty due to a lack of a alibi.

Then you may hush up and contact a lawyer as well. Jmo

Because any hubby having an affair with no verified alibi during the time of the murder; Will be found guilty. Jmo.

So I can't blame him for now unless finding out that he was hiding evidence of the murder.

Now of course their blood would be on him if he held them before calling LE. But this doesn't mean that he killed them. Jmo

So maybe he is just smart enough to know that LE was trying to trap him since he possibly didn't have a verifiable alibi. Jmo. But idk

Yeah, a lot of innocent people get locked up because they think, naively, that LE is their friend and so there is nothing to fear and they should say anything that pops into their head. "If you're innocent, you have nothing to worry about." Right?

Well, LE asks no innocent questions. Each one has a plan behind it. And if the lead investigator has tunnel vision and already likes you for the crime, you're in deep doo-doo. That's great if you're actually guilty. But sometimes LE is wrong.

In this case, CV was cooperative and submitted to who knows how many hours of interrogation already. Perhaps it got contentious at times and he doesn't know if they were playing games or if they really like him for the crime.

At any rate, maybe he feels at this point that it isn't wise to keep going back to the station alone and submitting to endless questioning when there is no one there on HIS side. Wanting your attorney present does NOT equate to being uncooperative!

Now if the attorney tells LE that they don't consent to any further questioning, that will be another story...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho