Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering why the mom has a different lawyer

Points to the fact that she wants custody of her biological daughter perhaps and maybe is trying to show she doesn't have a hand in this? thats the confusing part/why didnt she speak out earlier then?

Wondering why the mom has a different lawyer

Points to the fact that she wants custody of her biological daughter perhaps and maybe is trying to show she doesn't have a hand in this? thats the confusing part/why didnt she speak out earlier then?

Someone else said that a lawyer cannot represent both parents in these types of situations.

Kent Starr Statement...

Maria
Kent

Ms Mathews = Distraught.

Why retained legal counsel? = She just wants her bio daughter back... and Sherin ... he said that after.

Wesley being accused does not affect Ms Mathews.

No accusations of wrong doing to Ms Mathews.

Why isn't she speaking? ... Some individuals react differently.

How is she doing? Distraught... again...

Is she standing by Wesley? She has spoken to RPD previously.. cooperated... didn't really answer the question.

Have she or Wesley ever hurt Sherin? No.

But they have had CPS involvement? We can't comment at this point.

Has she been searching? We're not able to comment at this time. But has she been walking the streets? We cannot comment at this time.

[video=twitter;918188207472246785]https://twitter.com/wfaachannel8/status/918188207472246785[/video]
WFAA-TV‏Verified account
@wfaachannel8
Follow Follow @wfaachannel8
Lawyer: Sini and Wesley Mathews have never injured their children

MOTHER is in MOURNING! Talk about a FAUX PAS! That's what he said in response to why Mom isn't looking for her missing baby! I almost swallowed my sox!

here we go.

just make brief statement on behalf of the Mathews family - I have been retained by Ms. Mathews.

Why did she retain legal counsel? Her child was removed from her and she wants her back. Just because WM has been accused of wrongdoing does not mean Ms. Mathews has been accused of any wrongdoing. Therefore there is no conflict in my representing both the Mathews [I want to go back and watch the replay because I can't believe I heard that properly??]

She has provided LE with cooperation. She is hopeful that her daughter will be returned.

[heavily paraphrased by me]

Did I hear the attorney correctly? Did he say Sherin has an eating disorder?
Our 2yr old suffered from intolerances combined with gastroparesis. He has a motility disorder. There are gastrointestinal disorders. I’ve heard of feeding disorders - but never an eating disorder as young as 3. I hope he misspoke or I heard wrong. If Sherin truly has been diagnosed with an eating disorder at her age then my alarm bells have reached a new high. (And they were already super high.)

MOTHER is in MOURNING! Talk about a FAUX PAS! That's what he said in response to why Mom isn't looking for her missing baby! I almost swallowed my sox!

At the beginning he said "the loss of" Sherin....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is so sad. I feel bad for the biological daughter who is uprooted/in a different environment. must be traumatizing to just suddenly have to be away from home. that poor thing

Sigh.. My own 1 year old prevents me from responding quickly.. (God Bless her little heart)..

Someone had a question about whether or not having a child put outside would be common place practice in India -- Yes.. There are incidents where the family will put a child out in the "cow shed" for misbehaving .. (recently a poor little girl was bit by a venomous snake when this was done to her, and ultimately died.. Creepy.. and incidental, and makes me think of coyotes.. I will try to find and post the link of this in a few)..

My own mother (my father while present was cold and absent in my world, he considered my older sister his only child.. and didnt pay attention to me or my brother).. My mother when I was 10 years old.. put me outside by the backdoor at 10 PM on a kind of chilly night .. I dont remember what I did.. it may have been something as stupid as not picking up my clothes or my jacket..).. So it is.. as far as I know... not something that would be unimaginable in a culture such as ours...

BUT .. I have a niece who just turned 3.. she is tiny (but fierce).. and I am just imagining trying to put her out at 3 am.. SHE WOULD SCREAM, THROW A FIT and ultimately cling to the legs of whichever adult was trying to put her there.. I cant imagine her staying"put".. same goes for my 1 year old.. So I cant imagine Sherin.. staying put.. or not being heard..

And I agree and like other PPs call ******** on this story.. BUT the one question I have is.. what happened at 3 am? There has to be something -- evidence that corroborates 3 am.. because if I was going to wait to clean up/sort stories.. Why not make the time CLOSER to the time I call.. (thoughts I have.. could be a sunlight/dark thing.. could be someone saw them at 3 am.. ) Any thoughts?

Did I hear the attorney correctly? Did he say Sherin has an eating disorder?
Our 2yr old suffered from intolerances combined with gastroparesis. He has a motility disorder. There are gastrointestinal disorders. I’ve heard of feeding disorders - but never an eating disorder as young as 3. I hope he misspoke or I heard wrong. If Sherin truly has been diagnosed with an eating disorder at her age then my alarm bells have reached a new high. (And they were already super high.)

He did say that and claimed it's according to LE - which is not true. LE said according to parents Sherin was malnourished and needed to eat frequently.

I can't believe he said ms Mathews is mourning... In the UK we only mourn when someone is dead.

Almost seems lawyer was stating mom was cooperating with police in order to get her biological daughter back. Any chance both lawyers will try and have their defendants turn on one another or do they work together? This just all seems so strange to me.

According to earlier reports, it is extremely RARE to adopt a girl. On top of that, this little precious child could not communicate. Why would this family, who have their own biological child, adopt a little girl with special needs (communication). Has anyone watched, "The Whipping Boy?" I find myself thinking about this type of scenario. JMO, MOO, not actually an opinion, but random thoughts when there are so many strange happenings in this particular case. I read somewhere that it is possible they may have received monthly payments for the adoption?

I am older person and I know many people over last 55 years that have adopted baby girls. People need to think that is possibly one ethnic group's legal obligation because of their country's laws. Know of families that adopted mixed lot of both. As for why would family who have a biological child adopt I can give you a million reasons. Such as mine. They found I have a very rare genetic disorder. It is inherited and will most likely kill the babies or kill the child immediately after birth. The child has a 25% chance of living and then will need assistance. Adoption after a first child makes much more since. A second reason is that a woman can have a child and it causes some type of physical damage and no more children are possible...thus they adopt. And just the opposite to the man and they adopt. Don't know who thinks adoption is so odd but these things happen every day. Even commoner is a couple adopts after being told cannot have children and then the woman becomes pregnant. Obviously people need to be exposed to OB/GYN and genetics. As for receiving money being nefarious as that sounds. In the state of Texas if there are children with disabilities in foster care and people take them on...the state provides assistance. That assistance continues up to adoption. Maybe she was on some special Intl. program because she had a rare metabolic disorder that caused malabsorption of food which is why she was hungry a lot, under sized etc. I am a member of a patient's group with a very rare genetic metabolic disorder. I can only imagine what that child was going through. Your body stays in turmoil. And depending on the type of disorder, your body experiences pain. Which extrapolates why she may have been whiney and wanted foods at various odd hours per the affidavit. Children with rare diseases should not be punished. A healthy person does not understand at all what the parents nor the patients go through. When I was little it was so difficult to communicate all my metabolic issues with family and doctors. I personally was misdiagnosed and harmed. Now they have better tests. And think about adoption that girl should have been very lucky...I am not going to say what I think happened but I pray for her soul. And another crazy reason for adoption: I knew one family who had six of their own. When the last graduated...they went out and adopted 8 more children and raised them also. Why...becaused they loved children. I happened to rent a little house from them. That place was a constant source of joy and laughter. So many reasons to adopt. Tell your friends there are good sides.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rodrickheffley