Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in total shock that he slipped up with ''the loss of sherin" and mourning. OMG...

Almost seems lawyer was stating mom was cooperating with police in order to get her biological daughter back. Any chance both lawyers will try and have their defendants turn on one another or do they work together? This just all seems so strange to me.

I was thinking the same.

Sigh.. My own 1 year old prevents me from responding quickly.. (God Bless her little heart)..

Someone had a question about whether or not having a child put outside would be common place practice in India -- Yes.. There are incidents where the family will put a child out in the "cow shed" for misbehaving .. (recently a poor little girl was bit by a venomous snake when this was done to her, and ultimately died.. Creepy.. and incidental, and makes me think of coyotes.. I will try to find and post the link of this in a few)..

My own mother (my father while present was cold and absent in my world, he considered my older sister his only child.. and didnt pay attention to me or my brother).. My mother when I was 10 years old.. put me outside by the backdoor at 10 PM on a kind of chilly night .. I dont remember what I did.. it may have been something as stupid as not picking up my clothes or my jacket..).. So it is.. as far as I know... not something that would be unimaginable in a culture such as ours...

BUT .. I have a niece who just turned 3.. she is tiny (but fierce).. and I am just imagining trying to put her out at 3 am.. SHE WOULD SCREAM, THROW A FIT and ultimately cling to the legs of whichever adult was trying to put her there.. I cant imagine her staying"put".. same goes for my 1 year old.. So I cant imagine Sherin.. staying put.. or not being heard..

And I agree and like other PPs call ******** on this story.. BUT the one question I have is.. what happened at 3 am? There has to be something -- evidence that corroborates 3 am.. because if I was going to wait to clean up/sort stories.. Why not make the time CLOSER to the time I call.. (thoughts I have.. could be a sunlight/dark thing.. could be someone saw them at 3 am.. ) Any thoughts?

Great post Riice, thanks for your insights. As to the bolded by me, if the punishment by tree story is baloney it begs exactly that question.

They need to stop hiding. Its so obvious! Maybe the mother wants custody of the child but why isn't she speaking up to the police about her husband, or Sherin, or how the events unfolded? What are they expecting to happen here?

I am older person and I know many people over last 55 years that have adopted baby girls. People need to think that is possibly one ethnic group's legal obligation because of their country's laws. Know of families that adopted mixed lot of both. As for why would family who have a biological child adopt I can give you a million reasons. Such as mine. They found I have a very rare genetic disorder. It is inherited and will most likely kill the babies or kill the child immediately after birth. The child has a 25% chance of living and then will need assistance. Adoption after a first child makes much more since. A second reason is that a woman can have a child and it causes some type of physical damage and no more children are possible...thus they adopt. And just the opposite to the man and they adopt. Don't know who thinks adoption is so odd but these things happen every day. Even commoner is a couple adopts after being told cannot have children and then the woman becomes pregnant. Obviously people need to be exposed to OB/GYN and genetics. As for receiving money being nefarious as that sounds. In the state of Texas if there are children with disabilities in foster care and people take them on...the state provides assistance. That assistance continues up to adoption. Maybe she was on some special Intl. program because she had a rare metabolic disorder that caused malabsorption of food which is why she was hungry a lot, under sized etc. I am a member of a patient's group with a very rare genetic metabolic disorder. I can only imagine what that child was going through. Your body stays in turmoil. And depending on the type of disorder, your body experiences pain. Which extrapolates why she may have been whiney and wanted foods at various odd hours per the affidavit. Children with rare diseases should not be punished. A healthy person does not understand at all what the parents nor the patients go through. When I was little it was so difficult to communicate all my metabolic issues with family and doctors. I personally was misdiagnosed and harmed. Now they have better tests. And think about adoption that girl should have been very lucky...I am not going to say what I think happened but I pray for her soul. And another crazy reason for adoption: I knew one family who had six of their own. When the last graduated...they went out and adopted 8 more children and raised them also. Why...becaused they loved children. I happened to rent a little house from them. That place was a constant source of joy and laughter. So many reasons to adopt. Tell your friends there are good sides.

It wasn't that adopting girls is uncommon for Americans, but that it is uncommon in the Indian culture that this particular family belongs to.

Maybe that point got lost in the conversation.

jmo

I think LE confirmed Sherin's medical records. I highly suspect Sherin did have a metabolic disorder. But that in itself can lead to anger and misunderstanding by a parent. I have very rare genetic metabolic disorder..my parents were not bad...but I know how heart broken my mom was sometimes...just could not figure out the problems. And back then there were not the tests so I was misdiagnosed and this made me sicker. My heart goes out for this child. I hurt so bad.

He did say that and claimed it's according to LE - which is not true. LE said according to parents Sherin was malnourished and needed to eat frequently.

Sherin’s extra feedings caught my attention from the beginning. We had to switch to a very expensive formula (even with insurance) due to intolerances and were on it for 2 years. For two years I kept mental note of opened but unfinished bottles both to not feed him anything potentially spoiled or toss good formula. The 1st year it was powdered and I’ll never forget making a bottle in the middle of the night and accidentally knocking an open can of powdered formula onto the floor. I was so worried because insurance only gives you what the monthly oz intake prescribed by your Dr. You could get it OTC but for $50 a can. I have to wonder if the Dad was frustrated over “wasted” expensive formula. Also, GI disorders can cause these kiddos to feel miserable. And when you don’t have the words you fuss. That he mentioned 3am and a feeding makes me think of that kind of scenario. Where are you, Sherin?

If a person confessed to harming or killing their child to their attorney, is that attorney obligated to call CPS or LE asa mandated reporter?

Just catching up with all the posts overnight. This story has shown up on some of the online publications/media in India, especially from this family's home state and I can tell you that the comments from readers have been overwhelmingly against the dad. Despite the cultural differences, the fact that he would send a 3yr old girl with developmental and communication problems outside at 3am all alone is incomprehensible no matter what your background. Having said that, punishing kids in similar fashion is not exactly uncommon. Smacking kids is also not uncommon and is in fact much more accepted than in western countries. But the suspicious circumstances in this particular case is that this happened at 3am and this poor child was not able to communicate like a normal toddler would, also who makes a little girl drink milk at that time and then punishes her for not doing so?!

As far as adoptions go, I would say it's fairly rare - both putting up children for adoption as well as adopting children into your own family. As I said before, it's exceedingly rare for an Indian family to adopt a child when they already have a biological child. I realise it may seem weird to say that, because it's much more common in America and other western countries. I don't know what the circumstances surrounding the adoption are but it does strike me as a bit unusual. As for putting up kids for adoption - in Kerala, one of the main reasons would be if the child was born out of wedlock (having children out of wedlock is a serious taboo still in our conservative society) or if the biological parents didn't have means to raise the child.

I think LE must have a fair idea what happened to poor Sherin by now and it's more a matter of gathering the evidence to piece together the complete story.

Okay. I do know many Indian families that are just full of girls. One family that has a genetic metabolic eating disorder similar to mine...affects 27 of the females..sisters, aunts, nieces. Big family. And it can affect growth, failure to thrive, etc. Sadly is more common the boys die and the girls may live be sick and be carriers. India in the past 7 to 8 years has opened a metabolic genetic hospital trying to treat their population and to also get medical treatment extended out into the regions. One baby that has my disorder that had on drugs in main hospital doing so well. Let go home and because of poorer and antiquated home practices...they failed to keep up with medication and baby died. It was quite interesting to hear their physicians speak at an international symposium I was attending.

As far as adoptions go, I would say it's fairly rare - both putting up children for adoption as well as adopting children into your own family. As I said before, it's exceedingly rare for an Indian family to adopt a child when they already have a biological child. I realise it may seem weird to say that, because it's much more common in America and other western countries. I don't know what the circumstances surrounding the adoption are but it does strike me as a bit unusual. As for putting up kids for adoption - in Kerala, one of the main reasons would be if the child was born out of wedlock (having children out of wedlock is a serious taboo still in our conservative society) or if the biological parents didn't have means to raise the child.

I think LE must have a fair idea what happened to poor Sherin by now and it's more a matter of gathering the evidence to piece together the complete story.

Another reason I can think of, which is common for putting up children for adoption in India is that the biological parents already have a handful of girls and cannot "afford" another... and by adoption I mean selling off the girl .. maybe she ended up in an orphanage because she wasnt appealing to the buyer (when her eating issues arised).. just my thoughts..

Yeah, and how unbelievable was that? Just shows, things like this do happen. Damn, that kid was lucky to be alive.

BBM
He was! He was grinnin' from ear to ear! His father nor mother were in any kind of legal trouble for doing that either. They did not mean for it to go that far, it was a punishment that went a totally unintended direction. The father showed a great deal of regret. As OP mentioned, that isolation is used as a punishment. I think the Dad in the car got angry and took the isolation thing too far. Isolating by sitting a child on a stool, in the corner, for three minutes (time based on age) would not seem inappropriate. People don't think sometimes. I guess he isolated him outside of the car for a minute then went back to get him. In my day, if Dad threatened to pull the car over, we figured it would not be because he was going to leave us there, on the side of the road. :notgood: We stopped whatever we were doing so we didn't find out.

I put a comment earlier about a little movie called, "The Whipping Boy." The little boy "Prince Brat" would act out, and the "whipping boy" got the punishment.

I also thought of the "scapegoat" theory as well. Especially because this little child was unable, in any way, to defend herself verbally or physically. She had nothing, was treated like nothing and no one in that house (it's wasn't a home) cared for her, IMHO.

It wouldn't take much to conceal 22 lbs. I am hoping something or someone breaks in this case, or he may get away with murder. JMO, MOO

I am glad you can understand. One of the metabolic disorders I am thinking of...the can of food nutrients is approximately 279.00 a can and that may last you a month. And the medication that goes with it can cost up to $89K a month. I do know of cases from India coming to the US to be treated. And there are two groups in Texas that treat certain types of rare metabolic disorders. I am treated by one medical group. Because I am going into the hospital for a procedure and have to be on special liquid nutrient I cannot fast...I had to have that $279 can of formula. I am glad do not need all the time. This is why this case bugs me so. I feel in bones father put her somewhere.

On the live feed done by Omair, he found a hard drive or mother board under the tree. He was going for police when I lost the feed. Anyone know what happened?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

[video=twitter;918163991842689024]https://twitter.com/Maria_NBC5/status/918163991842689024[/video]
Maria Guerrero‏Verified account
@Maria_NBC5
Standby for NBC 5 livestream:
First statement made by attorney representing mother of missing #SherinMathews
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Ri...rl-Missing-for-Nearly-48-Hours-450019193.html

I just got on - are we waiting still or did I miss it?
Wow. So it looks like she may have a separate lawyer from her husband's. That speaks volumes to me.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member