Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its possible the police searched that area on day 1 and missed her being there, especially if there was trash/rocks, etc in the culvert too. Perhaps whoever was searching that area(if they didn't search with dogs) had it in their head that they were looking for a lost little girl, not a dead one and missed a covered up body. Just because they searched the area on day one and didn't find her, doesn't mean she wasn't there.

This makes sense, thank you, we have seen many times in cases where an area was searched before that didn't yield results, meanwhile the victim was indeed there the whole time.

I thought I read that they would release ID this afternoon, but seems ID has not been made?

What worries me is WM put her there and then in the 2 weeks of decomp animals DID predate and that evidence will be used as a defense of the original coyote story.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If this turns out to be the case (coyote activity on her remains), hopefully forensics will be able to show these occurred postmortem.

As we await COD and MOD, I'm trying to figure out a scenario where she got to the culvert on her own.

Did she have fear? I know a couple of kids (friends' children) who really have no fear and who have a high threshold of pain/discomfort. One of them is also a "bolter" who will run if given the opportunity - he has no fear of bolting away from parents, bolting into traffic, etc. Some autistic children, I think, often will wander away and end up in water.

Could Sherin have actually wandered off, unafraid of the dark??? We're reacting to the impossibility because it's normal and expected to be afraid to walk in the pitch dark....but maybe her thinking wasn't the same as ours and she wasn't afraid? IDK.

For the record, my thinking is she died in the house and was taken to the culvert....but I am stretching my mind to other possibilities as we await information.

Just thinking aloud, speculating, brainstrorming, jmopinion.

I can personally attest to that as some of you know LOL My beautiful 11 yr old autistic daughter Katie. Have you met? Sounds like you described her.

I think that was the case prior to this.

Now that they have a body, we are more likely to have information about how she died. I believe that she died at home, before (her body) going anywhere. That in my mind (could) up the charge from reckless endangerment to something inclusive of the word murder.
The funeral should take place after Westly is rearrested.
Hes not allowed near his wife.
Does he need permission from a judge to go to Sherin's service?
I wonder how this is going to go down?

[video=twitter;922555114644234240]https://twitter.com/dgoins/status/922555114644234240[/video]

BARFFFF do they think he stuck her through that way?

This would explain if they throrougly searched the culvert before, I mean throroughly (no chance of her being missed), if this does in fact connect to the culvert somehow.

Anyone know which way the water would flow through that particular culvert? What is the slope from Mathews' house to the culvert? Up or down? I think that provides a clue about if the body could have moved further in or further out due to water....

also, Maria Guerrero talked in her last video about how dark it is behind Sherin's home at night. She said she was there at 11 at night, and it is pitch black. There are no lights in the railroad greenway. When Maria crossed Centennial, I just couldn't imagine a little girl walking that way in the pitch dark. I can imagine her mad, walking off a few steps, and then sitting down crying scared. Watching Maria walk the whole way gave perspective on how far it was, in the dark. IMO, no way did she walk there on her own. Will have to wait for LE.

One thing that struck me in watching that, in addition to the extreme darkness, was her saying that she had seen people walking around there (speaking about closer to the water tower, as I recall), not necessarily folks out looking for Sherin, but just others. I found that a bit frightening. Dad's story still doesn't add up, but it did bring to mind other dangers besides coyotes.

I can personally attest to that as some of you know LOL My beautiful 11 yr old autistic daughter Katie. Have you met? Sounds like you described her.

The kids I know are boys, but I know the parents are sometimes very stressed by the kids' lack of fear. It's within the realm of possibilities that Sherin did indeed find her way to the drainage area.

That's not my main theory, but I have to wonder if it's possible....until we learn COD.

jmo

I can't remember which photo it was, but I thought I saw bruises on her left arm. (reminded me of bruises from being grabbed by the arm)
I saw that also. It looked like pinch marks to me. IM not saying she was pinched.

Yeah, I gotcha. But I do believe that she was loved, even by her parents (and possibly even by the parent who left her in a bush in India). It's just that love does not provide an inoculation against a lot of bad things ranging from benign neglect to outright abuse. Even children removed from highly abusive and neglectful situations tend to hold onto hope of being able to return.

I have read (not necessarily from you, and not even necessarily on this board) a lot of fairly cavalier recommendations that neither parent should ever be allowed contact with the remaining sibling. If only it were that simple. That's all.

That a JACKED up way of showing "love" odelay...

Thats like the abusive husband who kicks his wife around all the time but he "loves" her...:facepalm:

I was wondering the same thing. I understand that any parent needs to have representation when interacting with CPS, but in his position it seems moot because he can't have contact with her. I agree with a previous poster who said that maybe this was his way of continuing to control Sini. IMO, there was a lot of controlling going on, and IMO it must gall him to no end that he can't contact HIS wife and child.

Keep in mind that the ban on contact is currently only a bond requirement. He will not remain on bond forever. And not all parenting is about contact. There are other things, like support, decision-making, etc.

The kids I know are boys, but I know the parents are sometimes very stressed by the kids' lack of fear. It's within the realm of possibilities that Sherin did indeed find her way to the drainage area.

That's not my main theory, but I have to wonder if it's possible....until we learn COD.

jmo
I think about the things I did when I was a kid. Rooftop jumping. My mother had no idea. I would have been grounded for life. Im lucky Im alive.

Adding a comment on the discussion of what Sini wore to court this morning.

I have not seen any pictures. From the posted comments, it sounds like she was dressed in a nice presentable manner. If I was in her position, going before a judge to ask for my child back, you better believe I would present in a clean, neat, well dressed, hair and make-up on.

Appearances do make a difference. She has not been charged with anything, no strikes against her, so showing up in a dishelved look, would give the judge the immediate impression that she was unable to care for a child.

ETA : I commented on hubby wearing a jogging suit. Another poster corrected me, thank you. Finally saw the picture where he has dress pants and shirt on.

My opinions only.

This would explain if they throrougly searched the culvert before, I mean throroughly (no chance of her being missed), if this does in fact connect to the culvert somehow.

I know nothing about drainage systems, but how would that storm drain connect to this culvert? On pins and needles for word from the ME.....poor dear girl.

Adding a comment on the discussion of what Sini wore to court this morning.

I have not seen any pictures. From the posted comments, it sounds like she was dressed in a nice presentable manner. If I was in her position, going before a judge to ask for my child back, you better believe I would present in a clean, neat, well dressed, hair and make-up on.

Appearances do make a difference. She has not been charged with anything, no strikes against her, so showing up in a dishelved look, would give the judge the immediate impression that she was unable to care for her child. JMO.

When it was described that WM wore a pant suit, is this like a jogging suit? Not appropriate in my opinion, however, since he is living away from home, he probably took limited clothes. Also, since he is looked at as the murderer of his child, he does not need to make an Impression on the judge.

My opinions only.

I think possibly this person means dress or suit pants, with a dress shirt. This is what he is wearing in the court video.

Just my two cents, but if people heard people arguing why didn’t they come forward earlier. I honestly don’t believe random people on Facebook. Like someone said above, people have strange intentions and want to insert themselves into a investigation. Also I didn’t see any statement anywhere by police where they said they had searched this particular culvert before, please correct me if I’m wrong.
Facebook folks have ZERO credibility. They drive LE nuts.

In case some didnt know...
[video=twitter;922572711825510400]https://twitter.com/AlexBoyerFox4/status/922572711825510400[/video]

Looking at the pictures of the FBI agents(looks like one male and one female agent) at the entrance to the culvert that were posted earlier, I think the Dad could have gotten her in there. It would be a tight fit, but I think it would add to him needing to wash his clothes if he had to get down on the ground to get her in there. I think his goal was to make it look like somewhere coyotes could have dragged her, and not put her somewhere that would have been easily accessible by an adult male like himself.
I wonder if her flip flops were found in the culvert?

My guess is that they don't really believe she went down through here, but this is something that his attorney could allege as a possibility in court during his defense so they must check it out and be able to prove it didn't happen.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I know nothing about drainage systems, but how would that storm drain connect to this culvert? On pins and needles for word from the ME.....poor dear girl.
I've never known a culvert to do anything but run under a road or driveway, but I guess we'll find out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member