Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've seen it before. They have to lie to cover truths and lie to cover lies. He's making it up as he goes and trying to stay in front of what LE finds. Not going to work dude, but keep tightening that noose.

Exactly, blue. He's making this a whole lot worse for himself.

He "physically assisted" Sherin in drinking her milk when she wouldn't listen to him???????

I can picture him holding her down and opening her mouth and pouring an entire glass of milk down there with the intention that 'if she dies, fine'. That would be what he calls 'assisting'. The milk probably figures in here somehow, but LE also took a piece of blue string so that seems like he did suffocate her in some way, possibly.

Well, maybe she woke up asking for a drink, then wouldn't drink it, he got mad, she started crying and being loud, he dragged her out to the garage so nobody else would wake up and he wouldn't make a mess on the kitchen floor when he force fed her the milk, poured it down her throat, it got in her lungs because she was crying...... Possible scenario. But he still murdered her.

Well, maybe she woke up asking for a drink, then wouldn't drink it, he got mad, she started crying and being loud, he dragged her out to the garage so nobody else would wake up and he wouldn't make a mess on the kitchen floor when he force fed her the milk, poured it down her throat, it got in her lungs because she was crying...... Possible scenario. But he still murdered her.
Exactly!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Impatiently awaiting this autopsy.

His wife is a nurse so why didn't he yell out for her to come help while Sherin was choking. I call BS on his story.

I agree! It does not seem plausible to me. Even IF she aspirated and it went to her lungs, she wouldn’t die immediately UNLESS her mouth and nose was unable to get air and only inhaled milk. Was he holding the cup over her mouth and nose to ‘help her’ thus drowning her? Still, even IF that happened, you call for your wife, a medical professional, and call 911. Was the fear of the stigma of being a bad parent worth a child’s life!?!? I mean, the tree story made him look awful so if that story is the best version and this is the next best version (in his mind), how much worse is the truth!?! Poor, sweet, baby girl.

If she choked, you would yell louder than ever for your wife.... she's a nurse!!! If that was the case Sini would be the first person he would think of. Then you would call 911. No way. No way.

IF (and it's only and IF), CPS had previously been called regarding this precious baby, he would have been petrified, I would imagine. Only my opinion, and WHY was he out in the garage (was it to add credence to mom's excuse of sleeping through everything)? To keep down the noise of her screaming as he "physically assisted" her in drinking her milk? Can this get any stranger? You can't make this stuff up (unless you are WM, it seems). IMHO, MOO

I'm having a hard time not thinking dad put Sherin in the culvert, but he's not the one who caused her death.

I fully believe that he caused her death. The charges are for injury to a child. I'm thinking that the charges will be upgraded to murder.

Quoting my own post to add: Or maybe there is some truth that they had to wake her up in the middle of the night to eat because of her low weight, and she didn't want to wake up/drink, and things escalated. Either way I could see him being angry and pouring milk down her throat.

IF (and it's only and IF), CPS had previously been called regarding this precious baby, he would have been petrified, I would imagine. Only my opinion, and WHY was he out in the garage? To keep down the noise of her screaming as he "physically assisted" her in drinking her milk? Can this get any stranger? You can't make this stuff up (unless you are WM, it seems). IMHO, MOO

It seems impossible to come up with these stories doesn't it.

WFAA
October 24, 2017

An arrest warrant obtained by WFAA Tuesday details the conflicting story that led to the re-arrest of Sherin Mathews' father, Wesley Mathews.

The warrant states that Wesley Mathews told police his 3-year-old daughter choked on milk in the early morning hours of Oct. 7 and "believed she had died."

He said he "physically assisted" Sherin in drinking her milk when she wouldn't listen to him.

"She was coughing and her breathing slowed," the warrant reads. "Eventually, Wesley Mathews no longer felt a pulse on the child and believed she had died."

In his initial interview with police in the days after Sherin's disappearance, Wesley Mathews had said he put Sherin outside as punishment for not drinking her milk. He was arrested then for endangering a child but was released on bond.

He was re-arrested Monday for felony injury to a child after providing investigators at the Richardson Police Department with the conflicting story.

"When they came in, they provided us with some information that was contrary to what we had previously been told regarding her [Sherin Mathews] disappearance," said Kevin Perlich, Richardson PD spokesperson.

Police: Father of Sherin Mathews re-arrested after giving conflicting statements

His bond has been set at $1 million and he was booked into the Richardson City Jail.

"It is possible that he could bond out again," Perlich said.

When asked about the milk story Mathews originally told police, Perlich said because this is an ongoing investigation, he's unable to give specifics on the conversation that transpired between Mathews and police. All he could say was that "it was not what he told us originally."

Perlich says police still do not have a positive identification on the child's body that was found Sunday at 11 a.m. in a culvert underground during a search operation in the area of Spring Valley and Bowser Road.

Mathews was previously arrested on and charged with felony endangerment to a child and was placed on electronic ankle monitoring. He also surrendered his passport as a condition of making bond on Oct. 9.

I keep thinking of different things regarding what was taken into evidence. You say "sedative" and I go back to a prior thought. Costco sells medication in bulk. I wondered if that was on the receipt....
So dad admits she was dead and admits some action of his? caused it. He'll have a hard time getting out of that one.
I wonder if the milk story is partially true and there was something in there , like a sedative, that he was trying to get down her throat.
Can a 3 yr old choke to DEATH on milk? I find it pretty unbelievable without something thicker than milk in her mouth.

Poor baby Sherin. I'm so sorry no one could save you.

ETA My guess would be she was taken to the garage so that nothing would wake the other sleeping child in the home. MOO.

I agree! It does not seem plausible to me. Even IF she aspirated and it went to her lungs, she wouldn’t die immediately UNLESS her mouth and nose was unable to get air and only inhaled milk. Was he holding the cup over her mouth and nose to ‘help her’ thus drowning her? Still, even IF that happened, you call for your wife, a medical professional, and call 911. Was the fear of the stigma of being a bad parent worth a child’s life!?!? I mean, the tree story made him look awful so if that story is the best version and this is the next best version (in his mind), how much worse is the truth!?! Poor, sweet, baby girl.

I'm not sure i even believe this story either with the milk. Will see what the medical examiner has to say about c.o.d.

It seems that his temper got the best of him, and he forced the milk down but she was choking on the milk because she didn't want it. Either way, it is still murder because he didn't try to help her, and he didn't call 911. I read somewhere that his wife is an overnight nurse, so I would think she was not present, and I think that is why you have the gap in time between his story and when she is reported missing.

Now they have Sherin, I don't think WM has anything to make a deal with.
I believe that Kent said yesterday that Sini is cooperating to identify the body. But, it does make me ask what the hold up is.

It sounds like they are going to make the ID based on Mom's confirmation regarding the clothing and dental records.

I am thinking that based on the condition of the body a visual confirmation was not in the realm of possibility (although if that were the only option, I would imagine that a reconstruction using the skull would be a possibility--which would take a good bit of time). So--obtaining the records might not be immediate (a few hoops, getting signed permission to release the records, picking them up or otherwise getting them to police via some digital means). Don't know if there is a forensic dentist on site or just on call. So--I think we are still in a reasonably to expected timeframe on the ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RyanO9600