Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Kumari remembers that Wesley was in touch with her first. Sini and Wesley came to see Saraswati in mid 2015. "The father and mother came to Nalanda to see Saraswati.*Bahut acche the*(They were very nice). They seemed like decent people."

"The mother could not speak Hindi and only spoke English, but the father communicated with me. They seemed like a good family."

After they left, and the adoption was still being finalised, Wesley would call and ask Kumari to put Saraswati on the phone so he could hear her charming baby talk."

Quote is from the second article.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Hmmmm... Reading that 2nd article it seems WM was the caring one with him calling numerous times and wanting to talk to Sherin. If he were only concerned about the adoption taking place he could have just called and not asked to talk with the child. It wouldn't have made him look good or bad either way.

From the recent lawyer's statement it would appear as though she was "holed up" being interrogated by police during the time the neighborhood was being searched.

So the account LE has presented is somehow a lie, but this new account far later from the lawyers is the truth? Interesting that the last lawyer said nothing about this. What the lawyers have prevented is not a fact either.

And I still can't help but wonder if SMs first attorney using the words "mourning the loss of Sherin" when giving his first(only?) statement when Sherin was still missing was a Freudian Slip, based on what he was told in confidence by his client?

Margo, you give a good argument and you may be right. We don't know much right now. But I have a gut feeling the dad adopted her for all the wrong reasons and the mom may have suspected but kept her mouth shut. I'm sorry but his whole story isn't making sense and her unwillingness to help gives most of us the impression that there's no love there. COD may help if LE can find that out. He did hide her body didn't he?

I cannot imagine that the COD, if one can be determined, will be able to shed any light on the presence or absence of love. Or the motivations driving the adoption.

I do think those are questions that fall in the general bucket of our desire to identify a point at which someone missed something that might have prevented this. Because that helps us to situate this more comfortably in our psyche. To believe that we know how to change the world to prevent this ever happening again. And if that is possible then by all means we should do so. But I think we also need to remain open to the possibility that this couple not only gave off no clues, but also were not basically different than most of us. They adopted because they wanted a second child. For all the normal reasons (btw, as an adoptive parent it used to drive me crazy when people asked my why I decided to adopt--nobody goes around asking other people why they got pregnant). There may have been enhanced pressures emanating from the child's needs (and no, these are not always foreseable) that drove WM into dangerous waters vis a vis his responses that might not have emerged otherwise. Or maybe he had latent proclivities that he felt free to act on with a child not related biologically. All speculative at this point, however.

I agree that there are currently holes in what we know that make for a story that doesn't add up. Presumably LE knows more. I am just reluctant, in the absence of evidence, to stuff Sini in to try and fill those holes.

One of Maria Guerrero's live-feeds, prior to the latest confession, showed the inside of the garage with one car in it. It looked like there was very little in it except the car--maybe something hanging on one way. Also clean and new (no stains on the cement floor, etc). I thought we knew (I could be wrong on this) that two of the cars were in the garage that night. I could be wrong on that, but if there were two cars in the garage it is very hard to see how there would be room for anything else to be going on there. Unless it took place IN one of the cars. There were two doors, however. One would most likely lead into the house. The other? a closet perhaps? Dunno.

Hmmm, if you goggle address, the descriptions show a one car garage. If it's now a 2 car garage that would be something newer. Wish I could find a pic of the back of the house. Did they say the car was in the garage for sure that night? Also, I thought I read somewhere they had a small refrigerator in there. But I cant remember where I read that and don't know if it was credible.

What logical reason could she have for not wanting to talk to LE AFTER her child has been found killed, and her husband's story has changed? I dont think I can remember another case quite like this one when the mother of the murdered child will only speak through her attorney, and will no longer talk to LE. :confused: I find it bizarre. IMO

JMO

I do wish we had an attorney available to address this question. Because I don't know that it is at all bizarre from the standpoint of legal considerations. But I am not an attorney.

I cannot imagine that the COD, if one can be determined, will be able to shed any light on the presence or absence of love. Or the motivations driving the adoption.

I do think those are questions that fall in the general bucket of our desire to identify a point at which someone missed something that might have prevented this. Because that helps us to situate this more comfortably in our psyche. To believe that we know how to change the world to prevent this ever happening again. And if that is possible then by all means we should do so. But I think we also need to remain open to the possibility that this couple not only gave off no clues, but also were not basically different than most of us. They adopted because they wanted a second child. For all the normal reasons (btw, as an adoptive parent it used to drive me crazy when people asked my why I decided to adopt--nobody goes around asking other people why they got pregnant). There may have been enhanced pressures emanating from the child's needs (and no, these are not always foreseable) that drove WM into dangerous waters vis a vis his responses that might not have emerged otherwise. Or maybe he had latent proclivities that he felt free to act on with a child not related biologically. All speculative at this point, however.

I agree that there are currently holes in what we know that make for a story that doesn't add up. Presumably LE knows more. I am just reluctant, in the absence of evidence, to stuff Sini in to try and fill those holes.

Excellent post Margo/Mom and ITA with all you say.

Mom doesn't ever have to talk to LE again. She doesn't have to assist them in building a case against her or her husband. That is her right. There is no upside for her and anything she says can and will be used against her. She has already answered questions about 3am feedings, where the baby slept, who did the day to day care of the children, eating disorders or not, developmental delays, WM's demeanor with the children, the types of punishment administered to the children, his history of abuse - if any - etc.

What can she add now? Just because he changed his story from the tree punishment to removing her dead body doesn't mean SM knows anything more than she has already stated. If she was asleep, she was asleep no matter what he admits to having done.

However, a person who can do what we know he has done and what he has admitted to doing isn't above implicated anyone involved.

JMHO

The upside for her is assisting in putting and keeping her child's killer behind bars and far away from her surviving daughter and all children.

AFAIK, we have no knowledge of the questions asked by LE nor the answers they were given.

Hmmmm... Reading that 2nd article it seems WM was the caring one with him calling numerous times and wanting to talk to Sherin. If he were only concerned about the adoption taking place he could have just called and not asked to talk with the child. It wouldn't have made him look good or bad either way.
They did mention that Sini did not speak the language, though, and WM did. So that could explain him taking charge in the adoption.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I read an article that I can not find again to link to.

It was an article from India stating that due to their customs, the person had trouble believing that the mom wouldn't know that Sherin and the dad were "up" because it is customary for the parents to co-sleep with the children until they are about 7.

This person stated they couldn't believe 5 hours passed without the mom's knowledge that something was amiss.

I'm not questioning the practice of co-sleeping as safe or unsafe. Obviously everyone has their own opinion.

I was NEVER allowed in my parents bed!
I brought my 9 month old into my bed due to an ear infection and being exhausted and she continued to sleep with us until she was about 5.

I didn't make the same desicion with my second child.

Can anyone weigh in on the practice if co-sleeping in the culture of Indian parents?

I get why it's done from birth. It makes nursing a newborn easier and many families in India may have limited space. Clearly space wasn't an issue and Sharin wasn't adopted as a newborn, so maybe she did sleep alone.

However, if she typically didn't sleep alone, I can understand the outrage by other Indian parents as they see it cruel to make a child sleep in another room at that age.

http://www.studyvillage.com/resources/2774-Should-kids-sleep-with-parents.aspx

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I saw that too. But culture aside, it is very common for IA parents to sleep with their young children when they bring them home. It is highly recommended by many adoption agencies to help with bonding, security, etc.. I know families that did it for almost 2 years.

Mom doesn't ever have to talk to LE again. She doesn't have to assist them in building a case against her or her husband. That is her right. There is no upside for her and anything she says can and will be used against her. She has already answered questions about 3am feedings, where the baby slept, who did the day to day care of the children, eating disorders or not, developmental delays, WM's demeanor with the children, the types of punishment administered to the children, his history of abuse - if any - etc.

What can she add now? Just because he changed his story from the tree punishment to removing her dead body doesn't mean SM knows anything more than she has already stated. If she was asleep, she was asleep no matter what he admits to having done.

However, a person who can do what we know he has done and what he has admitted to doing isn't above implicated anyone involved.

JMHO

Agree. Not to mention...she knows they are not simply looking for details of their day to day life, they are actively looking for things they can charge her with, according to a recent article posted here.
I would absolutely be weighing the amount of additional 'help' I could give them (after allowing them to interview me for X amount of hours without an attorney) against the amount of helping them to implicate me in anything they can grab at.

As for "She is making herself look guilty." Let's be honest...hundreds if not thousands of people have already decided she is guilty of something. Quite frankly, if I were in that situation, I wouldn't be worried about trying to 'look innocent' in the public eye. She will NEVER convince some people and these are just random people who don't mean spit to her or her family. (Myself included.) If I were in her shoes I wouldn't give a hot damn about what people on FB or WS thought. I would be holed up too, trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do to put one foot in front of the other for the sake of functioning and facing what the days ahead will bring. Not to mention finances, a job, possibly losing my home, just basically, how to survive the next day.

Remember, we don't know WHAT she already has told them. Maybe she has told them he was abusive, filled them in on his personality. We do need to keep in mind that she has already spent however many hours with LE answering their questions, about what, we don't know and don't have the right to know. I know we all want every detail, right now, but too bad. Thankfully, the person who at the very least aided in little Sherin's death is behind bars, the rest will play out in due time.

<modsnip>
From following other missing child cases LE don't always recommend parents search for their missing child for obvious reasons, but i don't think LE can prevent parents of a missing child to do so.
I can't bear to think of some of the shocking way some missing/murdered children that have been located to have innocent parents to find them that way.

(... nobody goes around asking other people why they got pregnant).

No, but I've wanted to when people have the nerve to ask me why I haven't. [emoji3]

So the account LE has presented is somehow a lie, but this new account far later from the lawyers is the truth? Interesting that the last lawyer said nothing about this. What the lawyers have prevented is not a fact either.

I don't think that LE has made any statements about the amount of time they spent interrogating SM. There has been no interrogation since obtaining counsel. The new information provided by the current attorney is simply more specific about the extent to which she was questioned prior to obtaining counsel. I would imagine the statement issued by the current attorney, including the specifics regarding how much she has already cooperated is responsive to a lot of buzz about why she is not currently going in for interrogation.

Agree. Not to mention...she knows they are not simply looking for details of their day to day life, they are actively looking for things they can charge her with, according to a recent article posted here.
I would absolutely be weighing the amount of additional 'help' I could give them (after allowing them to interview me for X amount of hours without an attorney) against the amount of helping them to implicate me in anything they can grab at.

As for "She is making herself look guilty." Let's be honest...hundreds if not thousands of people have already decided she is guilty of something. Quite frankly, if I were in that situation, I wouldn't be worried about trying to 'look innocent' in the public eye. She will NEVER convince some people and these are just random people who don't mean spit to her or her family. (Myself included.) If I were in her shoes I wouldn't give a hot damn about what people on FB or WS thought. I would be holed up too, trying to figure out what the heck I was going to do to put one foot in front of the other for the sake of functioning and facing what the days ahead will bring. Not to mention finances, a job, possibly losing my home, just basically, how to survive the next day.

Remember, we don't know WHAT she already has told them. Maybe she has told them he was abusive, filled them in on his personality. We do need to keep in mind that she has already spent however many hours with LE answering their questions, about what, we don't know and don't have the right to know. I know we all want every detail, right now, but too bad. Thankfully, the person who at the very least aided in little Sherin's death is behind bars, the rest will play out in due time.

Excellent post.

From following other missing child cases LE don't always recommend parents search for their missing child for obvious reasons, but i don't think LE can prevent parents of a missing child to do so.
I can't bear to think of some of the shocking way some missing/murdered children that have been located to have innocent parents to find them that way.
But most usually at least put a personal plea out to the media. Even the guilty ones do.

Any thoughts on why we have never heard that 911 call? Has it been released, and I missed it?

Someone asked Maria Guerrero on her news page if they had obtained the 911 call and this is her reply.

Maria Guerrero
“No. I tried getting it but police will not release it because of ongoing investigation. Wesley called 911 at 8:12am”

They did mention that Sini did not speak the language, though, and WM did. So that could explain him taking charge in the adoption.

True, but the husband or someone else could have translated. It was just something that stood out to me.

True, but the husband or someone else could have translated. It was just something that stood out to me.
Yeah, I can't decide yet if this is important or not. I'm not ruling out that it could be yet.

I don't know how a child could choke on milk to the point they wouldn't be able to cough up, on their own, the milk that had gone into their lungs. Choking on a marble, a hot dog or a chicken bone would probably require intervention from and adult. But milk?. Did he keep 'physically assisting' her to the point he made sure she could no longer catch her breath and cough it up?

JMO, JMO concerning choking to death on the milk: if someone was trying to make someone swallow something without spitting it out, that someone could just hold the nose closed and hold their hand over their mouth until they swallowed. If that position was continued for a while, the person would not be able to breathe and would eventually expire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member