Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if she or the parents aren't US Citizens, India might file for extradition of WM and try him there.

If she s a citizen of India, they may file to get her back for burial.

It ddoesn't sent change that she was murdered, but I might change who has jurisdiction over those involved.

That matters.

So even if the murder happened in America, they would do the trail in India? If an American murders abroad are they tried here?

Will they be able to tell if she drank any when they do an autopsy?

I'm still having trouble believing he forced her to drink milk in the garage at 3am and then watched her choke and die. And then after she died felt for her pulse. Nothing about that rings true for me.

Doesnt it sound like nonsense??

So even if the murder happened in America, they would do the trail in India? If an American murders abroad are they tried here?
No matter where you are born, you are tried where the crime occurs. That is where the charges are. I don't see what India would want with them unless there is some crime involving the adoption itself.

As it should be!! Perhaps it was more like selling a child rather than an adoption & if that is the case the people selling need to be stopped in their tracks immediately!!!! <modsnip> JMO

I know a little about international adoptions. It is extremely hard to get past US immigration with any kind of child selling or trafficking as everything in an adoption is scrutinized. India and the US are parties to the Hague Convention on Protection of Children and Co-operation in Respect of Intercountry Adoption (Hague Adoption Convention or Convention).You are right that any trafficking should be investigated but I am fairly certain that trafficking would have been virtually impossible in this case.

That said, there could be a review of Sherin's pre-adoption medical records, other pending adoptions by this family, the paperwork the family legally submitted, and the homestudies done that allowed the couple to adopt. If the family has any history of abuse or medical issues (alcohol/substance abuse or mental illness)must be declared and that information would have to be vetted by a social worker--- it might not preclude an adoption but failure to disclose may preclude an adoption or failure to investigate may be cause for the social worker to be fined or charged.

the sending country obviously wants to ensure that their citizens don't think baby selling or abuse is not investigated by the government. There is a long history of blow back that comes when adopted children are harmed, killed, or rehomed and abused.

Again, the chances of this being a baby selling or trafficking issue is highly unlikely given the Hague and the high bar set by the US government.

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerreroNews/posts/1043241875818596

6c52a724b6c66d096305914968d1915f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMO and on reflection: The charity sisters in Bihar are of the Christian faith (RC), however the child was given a Hindu name by these sisters. This suggests to me that the child was likely to have been born to parents of the religion; Hinduism. This fact could very well involve what decision is made for the funeral/burial/cremation of Sherin's remains.

It may be worth someone local to check as to whether Sherin had been baptised into the Christian religion once she arrived in Richardson.

But if she or the parents aren't US Citizens, India might file for extradition of WM and try him there.

If she s a citizen of India, they may file to get her back for burial.

It ddoesn't sent change that she was murdered, but I might change who has jurisdiction over those involved.

That matters.

The crime happened here so the trial and adjudication would be here. But everyone here should know, the child by virtue of the international adoption became a citizen as soon as she touched US soil. Her parents would have been sent her citizenship papers within weeks of arriving. She was eligible for a social security card. After she entered the country, she could only travel on a US passport.

Why was WM feeding a child in the garage at 3:00 am?

No matter where you are born, you are tried where the crime occurs. That is where the charges are. I don't see what India would want with them unless there is some crime involving the adoption itself.

The country has closed the orphanage where she had been housed. India may be looking at the timeline and circumstances of this family when interfacing with the orphanage. The US and India are signed members of the Hague Convention which holds the mutual standards for international adoptions and the oversight required in each country, the sending and the receiving, to adhere to policies that have been put in place to be a qualified signer.

RiceCasparr you posted this in the previous thread...

I didn't catch the eventually part before you said it... you are absolutely right. WTH is this? .... His wife is a damn nurse fgs, why the hell wasn't he shouting for her help.

That stood out to me too. Like he was standing over her poor little body making sure she died. <sob>

If Sherin still had biological parents who laid any claim to her she could not have been adopted. The US government is very clear and strict and will not allow an adoption of a child who is not abandoned/orphaned. It is not uncommon for children with handicapping conditions to be abandoned because of the cost of caring for the child in the biological family. Or, for a child to be developmentally behind based on an inability to feed and take care of the child which can cause the delays. We may never know why she was abandoned-- delay or inability to provide care.

It is very hard to be developmentally on target while living in an orphanage. Children who are on target are the hardiest and healthiest and can thrive with less interaction--which may or may not be a good thing b/c some of these survivors may be children who turn out to have attachment issues as well. All of this is so sad.

"Sherin Mathews, the 3-year-old girl whose body was believed to be found Sunday after she disappeared when her father left her in a Texas alleyway two weeks ago, was reportedly adopted from India after she was also abandoned by her biological family."

"The couple adopted Mathews two years ago from an orphanage in India, the Times of India reported. Bihar's State Adoption Resource Agency officials confirmed to the news site the couple had adopted her. The girl, who was known as Saraswati before her adoption, was placed in an orphanage when she was 1 after she was abandoned by her biological family."

"During her initial days, Saraswati used to remain quiet but gradually she opened up at the center," said Babiti Kumari, the former secretary of the Mother Teresa adoption center that closed in September.

"When Wesley Mathews and his wife adopted Mathews, she was malnourished and physically underdeveloped. She also did not have the language skills of a typical 3-year-old child, the Dallas News reported."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/10/2...y-abandonment-that-may-have-led-to-death.html

Prediction:. Wesley Mathews 3rd statement/story to the police is going to incorporate Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy somewhere in there.....

My guess is they are looking at the adoption home study that was completed and any caseworker notes that may exist to see if any concerns were raised our addressed there. The agency that completed adoption activities here in the states has to be soiling their drawers.

Regarding if the adoption was legal, there are such stringent requirements for international adoptions that I'm sure that's airtight.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk
On the US side yes, the agency where she came from was shut down last year I believe.
I very well may be WRONG!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I was thinking about the “eventually” WM no longer felt a pulse... is this where the 15 minutes came in? He left as she was choking and came back 15 minutes later and she did not have a pulse???

Just a poll, who has ever done anything remotely close to bringing your 4 year old to a garage to feed them milk (or ensure if thats what it was)

There is a troubled history for adopted kids....

The only other time I’ve heard of anything similar was when I worked with case managers who helped people with disabilities get services. One of my friends visited a family who fed their child with a disability out in the garage because “she made too much mess.” The family was reported to CPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member