Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The church simply cannot say more esp about the parents and if they're supporting or praying for them etc. They have received threats like crazy and from what I've heard rumoured some of the threats if carried out would border on hate crimes.

It's very unfortunate that people who knew and loved Sherin and her family can't safely express their grief for their losses.

This church is likely interviewing the children etc as well because WM was or is a Sunday school teacher and they will want to know if anything sinister occurred.

The people who were a part of this church family have lost WM, Sini, older sister, and worst of all, Sherin. Their faith in humanity has been shaken and the threats and anger towards them for not knowing isn't making their grieving process any easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let me clarify that I'm not angry and I understand that they were flamed after they spoke in support of WM, initially. No mention of prayers and thoughts for SM, who is still considered a victim, made me wonder if they know more than we do... moo

IMO and on reflection: The charity sisters in Bihar are of the Christian faith (RC), however the child was given a Hindu name by these sisters. This suggests to me that the child was likely to have been born to parents of the religion; Hinduism. This fact could very well involve what decision is made for the funeral/burial/cremation of Sherin's remains.

It may be worth someone local to check as to whether Sherin had been baptised into the Christian religion once she arrived in Richardson.

Many protestant denominations (I'd actually say most) do not baptize infants. They "dedicate" them to the Lord and promise to rear them according to Biblical principles, but it isn't typical of the majority of Protestant churches to actually baptize.

It all hinges on the parents immigration status. If either 1 are US citizens, Sherin became a US citizen upon arrival post adoption however if as has been rumored both parents are OCI (out of country Indian) she would still be a citizen of India even if they have permanent resident status. If the older daughter was born in US she would of course be a US citizen either way but that would have had no effect on Sherin. I am trying to find verification of status.
I have a feeling that when able, mom will take the 4 yo and go back to India.
Can't say I'd blame her.
(and very well may want 3yo buried there as well)
The not speaking to investigators is bothersome, but well within her rights!
MOO

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My guess is they are looking at the adoption home study that was completed and any caseworker notes that may exist to see if any concerns were raised our addressed there. The agency that completed adoption activities here in the states has to be soiling their drawers.

Regarding if the adoption was legal, there are such stringent requirements for international adoptions that I'm sure that's airtight.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

Absolutely agree 1000%.

Can't say I'd blame her.
MOO

IF able...and i doubt it. A lot will happen in the next two weeks before the scheduled hearing. Totally JMO.

Guys, just to clarify something, OCI typically stands for "Overseas Citizen of India". India is one of those countries which do not allow dual citizenship. So, what typically happens is if an Indian settled overseas becomes a citizen of that country, then they are forced to renounce Indian citizenship and can choose to either have PIO (Person of Indian Origin - but this is becoming defunct I believe) status or OCI status. OCI holders don't have all the privileges of being an Indian citizen but still allows them several benefits and most importantly they can travel visa-free to India.

What I'm saying is, someone mentioned OCI in the above posts and if the parents are holding OCI status then they could possibly have taken American citizenship - I'm speculating here, I don't know the parents' citizenship status. But, OCI and Indian citizenship are mutually exclusive

The India Consulate are binging up her citizenship.
Nalanda district magistrate Thiyagarajan

From what I read, there is not a question of her citizenship but rather if the orphanage had followed procedure. (The orphanage claims they did.) Even if the norms were not followed, she remains a citizen b/c she was internationally adopted. If the Mathews are not citizens, then they would be talking about her as an Indian citizen but they are talking about agency regularity.

"Sherin’s reported death prompted Nalanda district magistrate Thiyagarajan SM to set up a three-member team to “ascertain if all norms of adoption were followed in this case”.

He warned of legal action against the NGO if any irregularity is found.

The centre asserted it had followed stipulated norms." http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...rom-nalanda/story-vaboB83baJvGRhf5TOW4PL.html

Citizenship information:

The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 was designed to make acquisition of U.S. citizenship easier and to eliminate extra steps and costs. Under the Child Citizenship Act, children adopted abroad automatically acquire U.S. citizenship if:

At least one of the child's parents is a U.S. citizen;

The child is under 18;

The child lives in the legal and physical custody of the American citizen parent;

The child is admitted into the United States as an immigrant for lawful permanent residence; and

The adoption is final.

Because of the Child Citizenship Act, many parents no longer need to apply separately for a child's naturalization.

https://travel.state.gov/content/ad.../acquiring-us-citizenship-for-your-child.html

From what I read, there is not a question of her citizenship but rather if the orphanage had followed procedure. (The orphanage claims they did.) Even if the norms were not followed, she remains a citizen b/c she was internationally adopted. If the Mathews are not citizens, then they would be talking about her as an Indian citizen but they are talking about agency regularity.

"Sherin’s reported death prompted Nalanda district magistrate Thiyagarajan SM to set up a three-member team to “ascertain if all norms of adoption were followed in this case”.

He warned of legal action against the NGO if any irregularity is found.

The centre asserted it had followed stipulated norms." http://www.hindustantimes.com/india...rom-nalanda/story-vaboB83baJvGRhf5TOW4PL.html

Citizenship information:

The Child Citizenship Act of 2000 was designed to make acquisition of U.S. citizenship easier and to eliminate extra steps and costs. Under the Child Citizenship Act, children adopted abroad automatically acquire U.S. citizenship if:

At least one of the child's parents is a U.S. citizen;

The child is under 18;

The child lives in the legal and physical custody of the American citizen parent;

The child is admitted into the United States as an immigrant for lawful permanent residence; and

The adoption is final.

Because of the Child Citizenship Act, many parents no longer need to apply separately for a child's naturalization.

https://travel.state.gov/content/ad.../acquiring-us-citizenship-for-your-child.html
Thank you!
It is confusing to me.
Citizenship, Dual Citizenship, OCI
I didn't realize there wasn't a national "rule".
A friend of mine is married to a man from England. Their biological children have dual Citizenship -per the mom. I don't even know if that is true!
Something for me to look into on a cold rainy day when I have time to dig into it!
[emoji848]
MOO

I just want to stay on topic.

The checking pulse thing seems so hinky to me, as a father checking pulse after 15 mins seems too passive

thread closed for review. If you return and your post is gone, consult the rules that are attached in my signature or search out the rules and etiquette of posting here. If you still don't know why your post is missing please feel free to private message me for clarification.

Prediction:. Wesley Mathews 3rd statement/story to the police is going to incorporate Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy somewhere in there.....

I know some may find this terrible, but upon arriving to check on the direction of this thread, I found this hilarious. While we try to stay on topic in threads, this little bit of levity was very welcome at the moment.

ADMIN NOTE: Some back and forth has been removed. To be very clear:

The status of the legality etc of the adoption are on the table so long as links are provided and the topic sticks to what is supported in the MSM regarding THIS case.

Do NOT make this discussion about adoption in general (national or international), immigrants, patriarchal cultures, religion, politics or you and your fellow members.

Do NOT tell one another what or how to post.

IF you feel a post is out of line/against the rules ALERT on it. Do NOT quote, Do NOT respond, Do NOT feed the problem.

Practice scrolling and rolling or make use of your IGNORE feature (pm a mod if you need help activating).

The topic of the discussion is the murder of Sherin Mathews, the crime, the facts surrounding the case (VIA MSM or LE) and the legalities of this case.

Carry on.

Anywho! Back on track- Sini got a new lawyer it says. Didnt know if anyone saw. Catching up, his name is Mitchell Nolte.

That info is in the Dallas Morning News website. Sidenote, I dont want to subscribe to their newspaper to read their articles.:shame:

attachment.php

https://www.facebook.com/MariaGuerr...024189173698/1043024189173698/?type=3&theater[/QUOTE

Keen observation!

I'm from the area. Here's the reason why inmates are wearing a white towel. It has nothing to do with suicide watch, but a great thought!

"Mug shots out of Collin County feature an interesting accessory, a towel wrapped around the suspects' neck. We called the Collin County jail to find out exactly why.
"They're so everyone looks the same in photo lineups," John Norton, explained."
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Why-Are-Collin-County-Suspects-Wearing-Towels-204110231.html

Anywho! Back on track- Sini got a new lawyer it says. Didnt know if anyone saw. Catching up, his name is Mitchell Nolte.

That info is in the Dallas Morning News website. Sidenote, I dont want to subscribe to their newspaper to read their articles.:shame:

Did you find out what type of lawyer he is? Civil, criminal, family...

O/T I refuse to subscribe either when I am only interested in one or two articles here and there! I would be willing to donate a dollar or something though if they had that sort of option on these news sites! A 'like what you see? Donate a cup of coffee" button would be awesome, esp when following a single case covered well!!

ETA I googled and actually think I found him straight away. Here is the link http://www.mckinneylaw.com/lawyers/mitchell-r-nolte/

A criminal defense attorney.

Can't say I'd blame her.
MOO

But what makes you think she's from India? Her family is here (the media mentioned her family being at her house with her), they bought their house 10 years ago.

I think she's American or at least came here as a child.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

ADMIN NOTE: Some back and forth has been removed. To be very clear:

The status of the legality etc of the adoption are on the table so long as links are provided and the topic sticks to what is supported in the MSM regarding THIS case.

Do NOT make this discussion about adoption in general (national or international), immigrants, patriarchal cultures, religion, politics or you and your fellow members.

Do NOT tell one another what or how to post.

IF you feel a post is out of line/against the rules ALERT on it. Do NOT quote, Do NOT respond, Do NOT feed the problem.

Practice scrolling and rolling or make use of your IGNORE feature (pm a mod if you need help activating).

The topic of the discussion is the murder of Sherin Mathews, the crime, the facts surrounding the case (VIA MSM or LE) and the legalities of this case.

Carry on.
Thank you for reopening the thread so quickly!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

But what makes you think she's from India? Her family is here (the media mentioned her family being at her house with her), they bought their house 10 years ago.

I think she's American or at least came here as a child.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I have assumed she was India-born though haven't seen it stated. The reason I had concluded this is because the original Indian news when Sherin was first missing reported that a Kerala American couple had adopted her... so I assumed that they had been from Kerala. But, good point, I haven't actually seen someone say one way or the other. She may have been there visiting other family, or her and WM may have lived there at some point... we really don't know! Good catch and now I feel really badly for not reading between those lines!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member