Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #7 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Thanksgiving all! I hope everyone was able to celebrate in their own unique & special way.

I ate too much.
Definitely not weighing myself anytime soon.....because reasons. :laughing:

Didn't you receive the 'monthly reminder' for November????

November 5th-------------------------------------turn your clock back one hour.

November 22nd............................................turn your scale back 10 lbs.

I ate too much.
Definitely not weighing myself anytime soon.....because reasons. :laughing:

BAHAHAHA :lol:

For the last few weeks I've been cutting down and decided that I would weigh myself every friday to see how I'm doing.... (what a stupid idea).

A day late... but I took yesterday to stay away from WS and focus on family... but HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! I hope everyone had a great one [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how the Cat looks like he's thinking he's the only one who isn't a freak.

GrouchyMom you need to start a blog of all your awesomeness posts!

GrouchyMom you need to start a blog of all your awesomeness posts!

I can’t assure awesomeness but let’s see if my tryptophan overloaded brain can come up with something. So here goes.

This is what ole Grouchy says.

I have found my self in a bit of a quandary with this case. From day 1 when Sherin was reported missing and I read the tree story I kept annoying my DH by repeatedly saying I knew he hurt that baby. Now my darling husband prefers sports rather than crime so by day 3 he interupted one of my declarations by saying, “you really think he did something to her don’t you?”. Well, first that told me just how many times I must have made the declaration as this was College Football season and I can remember times when I was convinced he didn’t hear anything from the first kick off of the season to the last tackle. It was his follow up comment that really got my attention. When I asked why he thought so he replied, ‘ you are always so stubborn about believing that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and if you believe he did it this early what is so different?.

He was right on several points. I was the one who despite everything I heard and read in the media during the O.J. murder circus that kept saying he was guilty until proven innocent. I was not going to allow myself to have an opinion until all of the evidence was presented. It was the first murder trial that was televised gavel to gavel and I was hooked and determined to watch it with the unbiased mind of a juror. Now, the instant all programming was interrupted with the white Bronco chase Mr. Grouchy simple stated, I hate to say it but he’s guilty. Only the guilty run.” I however was determined to remain neutral. Week after week the evidence was presented and it became more and more difficult to prevent myself from declaring guilt or innocence and put an end to my experiment. By the time the DNA evidence had been presented and cross examination completed, I knew I had heard enough.

I continued to watch the remainder in hopes of finding my neutrality again but it never happened and when the Glove poetry began it just made me angry. Every little girl that ever read the Nancy Drew mysteries or boy that watched the old cowboy and Indian western movies, or anyone that ever bought a genuine leather article that inadvertently got wet, knows one thing. Leather SHRINKS when it dries. That is why the shoe industry makes a fortune selling forms to put in boots and shoes so they don’t shrink as they dry. Obviously the prosecution and the jury for that matter never read a Nancy Drew Mystery, watched an old cowboy and indian western (that tortured some one by tying them out in the sun with wet rawhide strips) or owned real leather. The prosecution never offered anything that could effectively rebut the statement, “If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit.” That one rediculusly annoying little rhyme I believe was the nail the jury hung the not guilty verdict on.

Since that time I have made a genuine attempt to not prejudge cases or people for that matter. I unfortunately am not always successful. Sometimes it is a case like Sherin that hits my heart so hard, I veer from my center. The problem that comes with that emotional leap is that once you allow it, other prejudgments just slide on by. In this case that also happened. A week or so ago I noticed a new poster who peaked my curiosity. In reading the first few posts of this person I jumped to a conclusion about their identity and motives. I interpreted the questions that were being asked as sympathetic to the defendants in this case or at least one of them. I convinced myself that this poster was here with ulterior motives. How rational was that? What could possibly motivate someone to come here to WS to try to influence our opinion?
What could there possibly be gained by that behavior?

I wasn’t thinking quite that clearly when I initially read the first posts and I let my old addled mind slip into dark waters determined to keep my eye on the interloper. In the midst of this paranoia I actually had thoughts of the ignore button. Fortunately for myself a little time brought back my clarity of thought and then I really felt foolish. I saw this particular poster begin just as we all did at one point and get more comfortable with posting and interacting with us. Realizing what a fool I had been I swallowed hard a few times and began a quick note of apology. I wanted, no needed
, to apologize to this poster for making assumptions about them. Very incorrect assumptions to make it even worse. Fortunately for me this person was very kind and graciously accepted my apology even offering information that I didn’t deserve to explain where they were coming from in those initial posts. What hurt the most was he part of the reply that said no apology needed.

If you read my signature line you likely see a typical bumber sticker type phrase. The kind of thing one might see on a bumper next to the “Honk if you love Jesus” or “my other car is a TRUCK” sentiment. For me it is much more than that. It is they way I try to live my life and it applied in this instance. I didn’t get caught doing something wrong. I wasn’t confronted about my actions. Who would know the difference. That’s was easy, I knew. I knew that i had wronged another human being. I had to make it right and I hope that I did.

We all seem to be hardwired to make snap judgements and opinions and on some occasions it can protect us from danger or hurt, but it can also hurt us by closing us off from potential new friends.

I often think if people ever really looked at the “thanks” I click on WS they would determine that I am certifiable. “Like” one point of view and then the exact opposite. I “like” posts that I feel are well thought or well written or heartfelt. I don’t have to agree with what you say to like the fact that you cared enough to say it. I often make light of my posting less if you post more but it is true. I live to read everyone’s thoughts and ideas. Especially they ones that I disagree with. I will spew out a little humor when posts seem to get a little contentious or slow or things are getting just to heartbreaking to bear. Some of you already figured that out and some others I am sure just write it off to senility.

I can’t say exactly why but the people that have gathered on this particular thread have touched me in ways I can not explain. I am so honored to read your thoughts and theories along with those personal bits of yourself that you trust us enough to share. I want to be worthy of that trust. You have allowed me to grow as a human and never been disparaging. I hope as we go from yesterday’s holiday to the next we can continue with the integrity and heart I have come to expect. I am already beginning to dread that awful wait time that will come once all charges are filed or amended and we all putter off to different cases. So to the many guests we see lurking, please join in the conversation. I want to read what you have to offer. To the regular posters back to posting, please.

Oh,I forgot to say what I was thankful yesterday. After this group is must be the fact that I no longer feel the need to shop on Black Friday.

I tried blogging once but I couldn’t find the motivation at least here I have a somewhat captive audience. LOL

Grouchymom

I wish you were my neighbor. Oh, the discussions we would have over teas, coffee, cocktails...
Your insight to different ability children, adoption, and teens is invaluable.
As I recuperate from hip surgery, I gravitate to WS, and realize every day how fortunate we all are.
I Appreciate You Being Here For all The Victims.

GM, you truly are an inspiration to me. I've dealt with horrid times, with my fosters... as well as with my bios. None of which, at this point, are little. However, I do have two grands. Hopefully I can influence their lives in some way positive.

I love reading your posts! So very enlightening, even on the occasions that I truly don't want the details.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The fact that there were no public statements or pleas addressing the abductors with the goal of at the least raising awareness and causing potential witnesses to come forward was the first thing that raised my suspicions about Sini. Her job, dealing with families, agencies, insurance companies and other staff, pretty much required good communication skills on her part so I really couldn't imagine a good reason for her silence.

I've read on other posts that LE agencies advise parents of missing children on whether or not to go public. It could endanger a child even more or it could help depending on the case. I would be interested to know if she was advised of either option. If she was advised that she should make a public plea and didn't ??? Hmmm. Or was she advised against it? Or maybe it wasn't addressed. Has anyone seen info on this?

Hello all ! As I said once before, this is the first WS thread I have ever read , followed or commented on.
This case touched my heart and soul in ways I didn't think possible . As I was trying to explain to my grandson the other day , following this case ( and any others) is choosing the harder right for me . I am the nursery leader / teacher at church , have been for over 4 years now , and my " littles " are very special to me . This little Saraswati precious would have been in my class. I can only imagine her sweet smile and happy little voice .... and I have to add , she can't be Sherin to me . She has to be Saraswati .
You are all an amazing group , that's a fact . What I have learned reading your posts has been an education in itself , so much I didn't know . And then there is the kindness and respect shown despite sometimes disagreeing or misunderstanding . You are an amazing group .
We are getting closer each day to the answers we all want .

I can’t assure awesomeness but let’s see if my tryptophan overloaded brain can come up with something. So here goes.

This is what ole Grouchy says.

I have found my self in a bit of a quandary with this case. From day 1 when Sherin was reported missing and I read the tree story I kept annoying my DH by repeatedly saying I knew he hurt that baby. Now my darling husband prefers sports rather than crime so by day 3 he interupted one of my declarations by saying, “you really think he did something to her don’t you?”. Well, first that told me just how many times I must have made the declaration as this was College Football season and I can remember times when I was convinced he didn’t hear anything from the first kick off of the season to the last tackle. It was his follow up comment that really got my attention. When I asked why he thought so he replied, ‘ you are always so stubborn about believing that everyone is innocent until proven guilty and if you believe he did it this early what is so different?.

He was right on several points. I was the one who despite everything I heard and read in the media during the O.J. murder circus that kept saying he was guilty until proven innocent. I was not going to allow myself to have an opinion until all of the evidence was presented. It was the first murder trial that was televised gavel to gavel and I was hooked and determined to watch it with the unbiased mind of a juror. Now, the instant all programming was interrupted with the white Bronco chase Mr. Grouchy simple stated, I hate to say it but he’s guilty. Only the guilty run.” I however was determined to remain neutral. Week after week the evidence was presented and it became more and more difficult to prevent myself from declaring guilt or innocence and put an end to my experiment. By the time the DNA evidence had been presented and cross examination completed, I knew I had heard enough.

I continued to watch the remainder in hopes of finding my neutrality again but it never happened and when the Glove poetry began it just made me angry. Every little girl that ever read the Nancy Drew mysteries or boy that watched the old cowboy and Indian western movies, or anyone that ever bought a genuine leather article that inadvertently got wet, knows one thing. Leather SHRINKS when it dries. That is why the shoe industry makes a fortune selling forms to put in boots and shoes so they don’t shrink as they dry. Obviously the prosecution and the jury for that matter never read a Nancy Drew Mystery, watched an old cowboy and indian western (that tortured some one by tying them out in the sun with wet rawhide strips) or owned real leather. The prosecution never offered anything that could effectively rebut the statement, “If the glove doesn’t fit, you must acquit.” That one rediculusly annoying little rhyme I believe was the nail the jury hung the not guilty verdict on.

Since that time I have made a genuine attempt to not prejudge cases or people for that matter. I unfortunately am not always successful. Sometimes it is a case like Sherin that hits my heart so hard, I veer from my center. The problem that comes with that emotional leap is that once you allow it, other prejudgments just slide on by. In this case that also happened. A week or so ago I noticed a new poster who peaked my curiosity. In reading the first few posts of this person I jumped to a conclusion about their identity and motives. I interpreted the questions that were being asked as sympathetic to the defendants in this case or at least one of them. I convinced myself that this poster was here with ulterior motives. How rational was that? What could possibly motivate someone to come here to WS to try to influence our opinion?
What could there possibly be gained by that behavior?

I wasn’t thinking quite that clearly when I initially read the first posts and I let my old addled mind slip into dark waters determined to keep my eye on the interloper. In the midst of this paranoia I actually had thoughts of the ignore button. Fortunately for myself a little time brought back my clarity of thought and then I really felt foolish. I saw this particular poster begin just as we all did at one point and get more comfortable with posting and interacting with us. Realizing what a fool I had been I swallowed hard a few times and began a quick note of apology. I wanted, no needed
, to apologize to this poster for making assumptions about them. Very incorrect assumptions to make it even worse. Fortunately for me this person was very kind and graciously accepted my apology even offering information that I didn’t deserve to explain where they were coming from in those initial posts. What hurt the most was he part of the reply that said no apology needed.

If you read my signature line you likely see a typical bumber sticker type phrase. The kind of thing one might see on a bumper next to the “Honk if you love Jesus” or “my other car is a TRUCK” sentiment. For me it is much more than that. It is they way I try to live my life and it applied in this instance. I didn’t get caught doing something wrong. I wasn’t confronted about my actions. Who would know the difference. That’s was easy, I knew. I knew that i had wronged another human being. I had to make it right and I hope that I did.

We all seem to be hardwired to make snap judgements and opinions and on some occasions it can protect us from danger or hurt, but it can also hurt us by closing us off from potential new friends.

I often think if people ever really looked at the “thanks” I click on WS they would determine that I am certifiable. “Like” one point of view and then the exact opposite. I “like” posts that I feel are well thought or well written or heartfelt. I don’t have to agree with what you say to like the fact that you cared enough to say it. I often make light of my posting less if you post more but it is true. I live to read everyone’s thoughts and ideas. Especially they ones that I disagree with. I will spew out a little humor when posts seem to get a little contentious or slow or things are getting just to heartbreaking to bear. Some of you already figured that out and some others I am sure just write it off to senility.

I can’t say exactly why but the people that have gathered on this particular thread have touched me in ways I can not explain. I am so honored to read your thoughts and theories along with those personal bits of yourself that you trust us enough to share. I want to be worthy of that trust. You have allowed me to grow as a human and never been disparaging. I hope as we go from yesterday’s holiday to the next we can continue with the integrity and heart I have come to expect. I am already beginning to dread that awful wait time that will come once all charges are filed or amended and we all putter off to different cases. So to the many guests we see lurking, please join in the conversation. I want to read what you have to offer. To the regular posters back to posting, please.

Oh,I forgot to say what I was thankful yesterday. After this group is must be the fact that I no longer feel the need to shop on Black Friday.

I tried blogging once but I couldn’t find the motivation at least here I have a somewhat captive audience. LOL

Perfectly said and straight from the heart. So many of the things you said are good reminders and/or lessons to us all. You reflect the same ideals I learned in law enforcement (some the hard way), don't pre-judge and don't assume. It can give you tunnel vision and lead you down the wrong path and cause you to miss the truth. I'll also add this (in general not towards you or anyone else) personal emotions don't build a case, only facts, avoid them. My posts probably seem to defend when I am trying to understand why or go back and forth; but sometimes the best way to figure out if someone is guilty is to try to prove they are innocent and to understand motive. I appreciate your post. It was refreshing to read. Thank you

GrouchyMom you are a blessing to us with your knowledge and how you so kindly express it.

I bet your home is full of your children's friends as your house is the one where every kiddo loves to come to play. Your personality eludes love, caring, kindness, and openness- virtues many children miss at home but recognize in their friend's parents.

Thank you for all you give to so many. :hug:

In reference to the posts about culture and adoption. While either in no way justifies or excuses the guilt of anyones actions (if it even applies in this case) it may be an important part of this case. I can find thousands of sites with info that point out the normal expected issues that even the smoothest international adoption finds very challenging. But I wanted to find something specific to adoption from India and found this. It is an interview with the adoptive mother of a child from India who overcome the obstacles because she was mentally stable, committed, and prepared. Read the story and then think about the possibility of someone adopting who saw things through rose colored glasses, didn't grasp the possibilities of reality (happens a lot), wasn't stable, or prepared for the what if's. Add the stress of a pending lawsuit and who knows what other personal problems. Then add pride when things aren't going as expected and you are to proud to admit it to those who praise you for giving this child a family. Add the serious condemnation of the adoption community if you admit you failed (it gets spread far and wide). Just a theory. Heres the link: http://workkidswine.com/international-adoption/

I would be very surprised if she had no physical/emotional/developmental anomalies as a result of her early life.

Totally agree. They say 6 months of development is lost (at best) with every 2 years of orphanage life. Plus the trauma of any child that was abandoned, sent to in an orphanage (usually the worst conditions in in the best), then adopted by strangers and taken to a different country and EVERYTHING is foreign to anything she has ever experienced? That is a lot of trauma to overcome and no way could any child be unaffected.

In reference to the posts about culture and adoption. While either in no way justifies or excuses the guilt of anyones actions (if it even applies in this case) it may be an important part of this case. I can find thousands of sites with info that point out the normal expected issues that even the smoothest international adoption finds very challenging. But I wanted to find something specific to adoption from India and found this. It is an interview with the adoptive mother of a child from India who overcome the obstacles because she was mentally stable, committed, and prepared. Read the story and then think about the possibility of someone adopting who saw things through rose colored glasses, didn't grasp the possibilities of reality (happens a lot), wasn't stable, or prepared for the what if's. Add the stress of a pending lawsuit and who knows what other personal problems. Then add pride when things aren't going as expected and you are to proud to admit it to those who praise you for giving this child a family. Add the serious condemnation of the adoption community if you admit you failed (it gets spread far and wide). Just a theory. Heres the link: http://workkidswine.com/international-adoption/

That was an excellent and informative piece. Thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member