Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally love his attorney. He will offend the jury everytime he opens his mouth. He could be the first attorney in history to get the death penalty for a client with a traffic ticket LOL.

LOL, He has to tread a bit carefully though IMO because if he manages to get his client convicted at trial then WM could claim ineffective assistance of counsel on appeal a few years down the track.
Is he also SM's attorney as well or does she have a separate defense attorney to her husband?

Richardson police detective Jules Farmer testified that Wesley, 37, told them that Sherin died choking on milk that he forced her to drink.

Farmer said that Wesley was forcing her to drink milk from a bottle while she was in the garage and he said that she was standing up when she choked.

The detective said he questioned Wesley how she could choke while standing up. Wesley then told the detective that Sherin stopped breathing, but he never called emergency number 911 or summoned his wife Sini, who is a nurse, for help.
https://www.ndtv.com/indians-abroad...y-along-with-a-bag-of-trash-detective-1784463

After Mitchell's testimony, Richardson police Detective Jules Farmer gave the clearest picture yet of the events before and after Sherin Mathews' death. Farmer said Wesley Mathews told him that he got up in the middle of the night and asked his daughter, who slept in a crib in her parents bedroom, if she was awake. She said that she was, so her father asked her is she wanted to finish her milk, which she hadn't finished earlier that night, according to the detective.

Wesley Mathews then took his daughter to the garage to finish her milk, he told the detective. According to an arrest warrant affidavit, Sherin Mathews' father said the girl began to choke as she was drinking. Her breathing slowed, and Mathews "believed she was dead," he told the detective.

After Sherin Mathews died, Farmer said Tuesday, Wesley Mathews put her in the back of his car with a "couple of bags of trash" and dumped her in a nearby culvert. Wesley Mathews intended to return to get the body later, he told Farmer.

Sini Mathews told Farmer that she woke up at 5 a.m. and saw a "weird look" on her husband's face after Wesley Mathews got rid of the body. The couple then went to the kitchen table and prayed for three hours before Wesley Mathews called the city of Richardson's nonemergency line to report his daughter missing at about 8 a.m. Oct. 7.

http://www.dallasobserver.com/news/sherin-mathews-update-10137729

So many questions after reading their testimony above.

Sherin slept in a crib in her parents room? That surprises me a bit. But OK...

So if she is in a crib, and you have a BOTTLE of milk to give her, why take her to the garage? Why not just give her the bottle and let her finish as she goes back to sleep?

Who gives a child a bottle and stands there and expects them to STAND UP in the garage and finish it?
Two possibilities I see here for him getting up and asking her if she was awake. (I know there are other possibilities, but my mind cannot go there without evidence.)

First is if Sini had decided since she didn't finish her milk earlier, she would go to bed without any dinner. WM could have waited until Sini was asleep and then decided to sneak milk to Sherin so she wouldn't be starving that night.

Second, WM could have been lying there awake and just stewing over the situation if Sherin not finishing her milk. He waited until his daughter and Sini were asleep and then decided to begin the battle of wills yet again.

IF he was telling the truth about asking her if she was awake, I would suspect the first option because if it was the second, he likely would not have asked and just hauled her from bed. But even if it was the first option and he had pangs of guilt over the child, clearly that was only temporary and he lost his cool once again with her.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

RS&BBM.

He just needs to stop talking if he wants to help his client out. What a terribly shocking thing to say. Did this attorney really think that was a good and justifiable reason to voice?
This is just sickening. I have a friend whose child has the same eye condition, and I see photos weekly of both of her children on Facebook. I have another friend whose child was in an accident, permanently disfiguring one eye - I see as many photos of her as her siblings. Another friend's child is bald from alopecia, and she posts photos all the time.

Because they are normal, loving parents, and their friends are normal and loving and see the beauty in these kids.

I wonder if the pediatrician ever diagnose exactly what was wrong with Sherin's eye, because some childhood eye problems can be successfully treated?

This is just sickening. I have a friend whose child has the same eye condition, and I see photos weekly of both of her children on Facebook. I have another friend whose child was in an accident, permanently disfiguring one eye - I see as many photos of her as her siblings. Another friend's child is bald from alopecia, and she posts photos all the time.

Because they are normal, loving parents, and their friends are normal and loving and see the beauty in these kids.

I think it could also depend on the parent/s because not all parents feel the same with a child that has a disability IMO. It can be a very sensitive issue to some people.

I think it could also depend on the parent/s because not all parents feel the same with a child that has a disability IMO. It can be a very sensitive issue to some people.

Isn't that the point vmmking was making? That having photos up of your child should not be a sensitive issue to anyone.

Of course it's to do with the parents. The parents vmmking knows are not *advertiser censored******s like the Mathews are.

Isn't that the point vmmking was making? That having photos up of your child should not be a sensitive issue to anyone.

Of course it's to do with the parents. The parents vmmking knows are not *advertiser censored******s like the Mathews are.

Exactly!! vmmking was talking about NORMAL parents.

My point was that some parents have difficulty with their child having a disability and don't want to discuss it with other people, but do still love their child regardless. Whether they have photos displayed all over their house is up to them i guess.
Not anything to do with the Mathews though because they are in prison for criminal acts.

My point was that some parents have difficulty with their child having a disability and don't want to discuss it with other people, but do still love their child regardless. Whether they have photos displayed all over their house is up to them i guess.
Not anything to do with the Mathews though because they are in prison for criminal acts.

Well, I just find that a little bit awful...

Well, I just find that a little bit awful...

I agree. As someone who coparents a child with a disability and has worked for 25 years in that field, I would say it is a very unhealthy environment for parents to be that sensitive to their child’s disability. Most healthy families see their child, not the disability. I once worked with a young brother and sister. The sister had some physical and intellectual disabilities. Her sweet brother said things like “that’s her special needs LEG.”

I'd hope parents aren't ashamed of their child...

SMH

I agree. As someone who coparents a child with a disability and has worked for 25 years in that field, I would say it is a very unhealthy environment for parents to be that sensitive to their child’s disability. Most healthy families see their child, not the disability. I once worked with a young brother and sister. The sister had some physical and intellectual disabilities. Her sweet brother said things like “that’s her special needs LEG.”

I'd hope parents aren't ashamed of their child...

SMH

:yeahthat:

I think it can be difficult for some parents to handle a child with any type of flaw, be it real or perceived. Coping mechanisms vary. We are a pretty superficial and judgey society.

Sherin's eye problem made me think of the Madeleine McCann case, where her father stated after she was born she was "close to the perfect child" because of the Coloboma Maddie had in her eye. She went missing too.

Sherin's eye problem made me think of the Madeleine McCann case, where her father stated after she was born she was "close to the perfect child" because of the Coloboma Maddie had in her eye. She went missing too.

Gerry said that? Oh hell, just when you think you can't dislike a man more.

Personally I don't think ANYTHING WM or SM has said is truth!

I don't think any of the "stories" or information he's given, are true in any way!

I believe the truth is something COMPLETELY different.

JMO MOO ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think any of the "stories" or information he's given, are true in any way!

JMO MOO ....

I agree, i can't think of any parent/s that were responsible for the death of their child or children to tell the truth. For obvious reasons i guess. It's a CYA mode.

This is what their children look like, period, and they and their friends find them beautiful. That's how it should be for mentally healthy and normal people. We don't hide kids in attics anymore if they have a physical oddity or disfigurement.

JMO MOO ....

Yes. I think many of us on the thread have had the sinking feeling that the ever changing version of Sherin's demise is a soft, kind version versus what happened to this little baby. Our fears have been validated with the confirmation of the multiple broken, and healing fractures. That being said, as horrific as that is, more will be revealed. I have been speculating sexual abuse, which I am speculating was the ultimate COD. How I pray I am wrong.
This is one of the more nauseating cases I have followed.
I am counting on the good people of Texas to exact the appropriate and swift punishment.
May this child's horrific life serve as a catalyst for change in a deeply flawed CPS system.

All amateur speculation and opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member