Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a very infrequent poster, but her sweet, sweet smile in all of those pictures seems even more heartbreaking now after learning how awful her life truly was. She had such a spark within her, even amid what must have been chaos. It is almost too much to bear. May she rest in peace surrounded by other angels.

Something I just thought of.... did they treat the older girl the same way? Did anyone look into the older daughters medical records? Makes my heart ache..... she was physically and emotionally abused. I can picture her seeing the older girl doted on while she was treated so badly. Geeze, time to get the tissues.

Ugh, I've been gone all afternoon and have to go out again this evening. Guys, thank you soooo much for posting today's events. I feel ready to post something that I deleted earlier.

Disclaimer: I know we still don't have all the info but I feel that the current facts make my thoughts relevant.

I did some research on recent cases of toddlers who were beaten to death where a suspect was arrested and either is pending trial or is already convicted and something that stood out was in every single case I found the child was abused prior to the final beating. Every case. I know we talk a lot about people "snapping" under stress, or an accident happening and the caregiver is afraid, but in my admittedly limited research it seems that in many, many cases there is a history of abuse.

From what we learned today it's looking like Sherin was abused way before the night she disappeared. The claim of her having a vitamin deficiency isn't explaining the numerous fractures, especially knowing that CPS became involved.

While the "why" of her treatment is worthy of discussion I've hit a point, based on the current facts, that there is no innocent or excusable reason why Sherin suffered during her short life. I have no sympathy for either parent and they can claim as many excuses as they wish to save their butts but I'm not buying it. All MOO.

Thanks again for posting on the latest! I love you guys! :loveyou:
Even " snapping" is no excuse, EVER. I'm a nurse, worked nights forever, one shift, one shift off, to keep our children in mine and my husband's care. Oldest two kids, worked beautifully. Youngest two, I was ten years older , less stamina.after one morning of dozing off on the couch, awakening to my your year old, painting the living room with peanut butter, spoke very harshly to her and sent her to her room. Took only about twenty minutes to feel absolutely discouraged and horrible about myself, called my husband sobbing, he calmed me down with..we will fix it, we will change things, it won't happen again. Then off to my daughters room to beg forgiveness and admit mommies do wrong too and to let her know if would be fixed, and how wrong it was. Nuff said...I went part time , I only worked when he was able to care for them not just during my shift but for sleep after till I could be the mommy they deserved , found an excellent mothers day out to help ease child care hours a few mornings a week. We sold one new vehicle, kept one good, one not so great but paid for, and no more hundred dollar haircuts,more fish stick and mac and cheese dinners, etc, etc. I am blessed she was just painting with peanut butter and not hurt.
Moral, I am the adult. It is my job in every way to provide safety and nurturing. My example teaches them how to behave and conduct themselves. A parent MUST make that environment. MUST!! It is a privilege to have these wee ones in our lives
I am just SO heartbroken for these tiny babes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/dall...sherins-broken-bones-in-cps-hearing/495535415

I am so furious!

ETA '''The pediatrician said Sherin was classified as a "failure to thrive" patient which means she was below the third percentile of the growth curve for children of the same age. She says Sherin continued to lose weight.

A skeletal survey consisting of 23 x-rays was completed in Feb. 2017 which showed fractures in Sherin's tibia and femur, both in different stages of healing-- meaning there was more than one episode of violence and trauma. It's difficult for the pediatrician to say when they occurred however.

A second skeletal survey in March was completed and it showed further healing of fractures which would rule out the injuries happening in India prior to adoption like Sini had noted to Dr. Dakil.

When Dr. Dakil reported her findings to Sini, that Sherin's injuries were not related to her time in India or from slipping on a slide, etc. Dr. Dakil said Sini responded with fewer questions than she had anticipated.
'
Dr. Dakil said she filed a CPS report and called the hotline. She tried to find other explanations to Sherin's injuries but could not.'''

Even " snapping" is no excuse, EVER. I'm a nurse, worked nights forever, one shift, one shift off, to keep our children in mine and my husband's care. Oldest two kids, worked beautifully. Youngest two, I was ten years older , less stamina.after one morning of dozing off on the couch, awakening to my your year old, painting the living room with peanut butter, spoke very harshly to her and sent her to her room. Took only about twenty minutes to feel absolutely discouraged and horrible about myself, called my husband sobbing, he calmed me down with..we will fix it, we will change things, it won't happen again. Then off to my daughters room to beg forgiveness and admit mommies do wrong too and to let her know if would be fixed, and how wrong it was. Nuff said...I went part time , I only worked when he was able to care for them not just during my shift but for sleep after till I could be the mommy they deserved , found an excellent mothers day out to help ease child care hours a few mornings a week. We sold one new vehicle, kept one good, one not so great but paid for, and no more hundred dollar haircuts,more fish stick and mac and cheese dinners, etc, etc. I am blessed she was just painting with peanut butter and not hurt.
Moral, I am the adult. It is my job in every way to provide safety and nurturing. My example teaches them how to behave and conduct themselves. A parent MUST make that environment. MUST!! It is a privilege to have these wee ones in our lives
I am just SO heartbroken for these tiny babes

Sorry so long winded. The images creeping in my head, just tears for this baby

But why leave her there??? One of the two of them were either abusing her or allowing her to be in other situations where she was being abused. WHY didn’t anyone intervene??? [emoji22]
I suspect there will be some ramifications for CPS over this. As there should be. Why must it take a child dying? I get it it's a thank less job, they are case heavy and some perhaps not even trained properly but WOW this can't go on. Tooooo many kids dying lately due to what I would have to say is CPS mishandling. JMO

I suspect there will be some ramifications for CPS over this. As there should be. Why must it take a child dying? I get it it's a thank less job, they are case heavy and some perhaps not even trained properly but WOW this can't go on. Tooooo many kids dying lately due to what I would have to say is CPS mishandling. JMO
I can see where there are gray areas in the case of neglect , where education or access to financial help or services can improve the environment. But BROKEN BONES??? Even once, that parent should admit themselves into care for help!

I really hate to bash CPS because it is the Mathews who are the terrible ones here but I'm not fully understanding perhaps....Did I read that correctly that CPS was called and after an initial investigation abuse was founded, but they did not know which parent, so both children just remained in the home and case closed?! Is that normal CPS procedure or did that case worker really drop the ball?

Yeah, unfortunately when you are always looking at autopsy reports/photos and crime scene photos, you have to find humor somewhere!

From what Georgiajean transcribed and what I saw live, I am far less worried about the autopsy report. It doesn't need to have a COD or TOD at this point for LE to see multiple broken bones in the period of a year. There is enough proof on Sherin's bones, that the soft tissue isn't going to be necessary to continue forward with charges resulting in death for at least one of the parents.

If the prosecutor is really good at his/her job they may even be able to file charges related to torture causing/leading to death.

JMO

Based on the questions, it would appear that they have medical records from multiple sources. Not uncommon for abusers to use different docs/ERs, etc in order to avoid anyone seeing the pattern. Still very disturbing that there was no recognition and removal. Many opportunities lost.

I heard the name of the other child, but I will not use it. I cannot imagine how she will build a life around this beginning.

And they lowered this woman's bond?!?!

Has there been any reporting of the Grandparents' comments on this? Or any family? Do we know if they have been supporting WM and SM or not? I just wonder if they know that they are guilty and because this is bringing on family shame that they are distancing themselves from the couple. Has there been any news reports of anything their family has said recently?

Am I recalling correctly that one broken bone was a femur?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I alerted to that one also. A broken femur is very serious and quite painful. Leg muscles are very strong, and when the femur is broken, the muscle contracts and pulls on the broken bone--sometimes causing a bone end to protrude through the skin. Also, the femur is one of the strongest bones in the body. I'm picturing a body cast.

The previous abuse was actually worse than I thought. It's clear to me that this was not some one-off accident that occurred during a time of extreme stress and anger.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yeah. Me too.

How horrific. Poor little Sherin, :( No cute little pics. of Sherin in a full leg cast then? How did they explain that away? How many more broken bones before CPS removes a child? Doesn't bear thinking about, :mad:

I hope the state doesn't give the surviving daughter to family members. She deserves a healthy new start on life. Her bio parents are child abusers and they didn't get that from nowhere imo!

I alerted to that one also. A broken femur is very serious and quite painful. Leg muscles are very strong, and when the femur is broken, the muscle contracts and pulls on the broken bone--sometimes causing a bone end to protrude through the skin. Also, the femur is one of the strongest bones in the body. I'm picturing a body cast.

Normally i think its a full leg cast from the top of the leg to the ankle. So Sherin would of been too young to walk on crutches as an adult would have to do, and she would imagine have been in a wheelchair. A fractured femur would take weeks to heal before the cast can be removed.

This sounds like he told LE that he put her body in the culvert and planned to move her later.
I believe her body was there the entire time, put there by Wesley that morning, she was just missed.

do you remember telling police you planned to move her body from the culvert and bury #SherinMathews ?"[WM]

I remind myself that Wesleys statement came to police ONLY after the child was found in the culvert. I have a hard time believing she really was there for the whole two weeks, what with a few people having insisted that they searched the very area. Delicate word game happening right now, in my very biased opinion only.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

But why leave her there??? One of the two of them were either abusing her or allowing her to be in other situations where she was being abused. WHY didn’t anyone intervene??? [emoji22]

This is where I think CPS has responsibility. If there was a finding of abuse, it shouldn't have required that they know with certainty who was abusing and who was going along. That's a toxic household and both kids should have been protected.

How horrific. Poor little Sherin, :( No cute little pics. of Sherin in a full leg cast then? How did they explain that away? How many more broken bones before CPS removes a child? Doesn't bear thinking about, :mad:
Seriously! How, HOW, could they have left that child, both those children, in that home?

This is where I think CPS has responsibility. If there was a finding of abuse, it shouldn't have required that they know with certainty who was abusing and who was going along. That's a toxic household and both kids should have been protected.
And this woman was a nurse case manager at a pediatrician hospital! She knew the drill! I'm sure there were abuse cases that came through that ER. This just gets more incredibly insane and sickening !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member