GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

Friday, June 7th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set for 5/1/19, moved to 6/24/19.
Court site shows hearing on 4/5. Last hearing was 4/19/18 postponed to 5/17/18 to 6/22/18 to 8/3 to today; defense still waiting for discovery & evidence. Judge reduces bond from $2.25M to $1.35M at bond reduction hearing on 8/1/18. Mathews’ bond for the charge of capital murder of a child under 10 years of age went from $1 million to $500,000, bond for a tampering with physical evidence charge went from $250,00 to $100,000 and bond for injury to a child with serious bodily injury went from $1 million to $500,000. Cash or Surety bond.
8/3/18 Update: Pretrial hearing continued to 9/6, then continued to 10/11. 10/11/18: Next hearing set for 11/13.
11/13/18 Update: Both state & defense have discussed possible plea, say discussions ongoing. Next pretrial hearing 4/5. Trial set for 5/1/19, which has been delayed t 6/24/19.
4/5/19 Update: Next Pretrial hearing on 5/24, trial still scheduled for 6/24. 5/24/19: Next pretrial hearing on 6/7. Trial still scheduled for 6/24.

For Sini: Trial has been postponed to 4/15, as a new DA is in place. Next bond reduction hearing 1/11-denied, Status hearing on 1/28 & Motions for Severance hearing on 2/4. Trial was 3/15/19. 3/1/19 Update: The charges against Sini Mathews were dropped Friday after the district attorney said there was not enough evidence to proceed. In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

'Prosecutors also said they have evidence showing Wesley and Sini Mathews sent text messages to each other indicating they knew about the fractures before taking Sherin to the doctor.'

So they can't charge Sini with ANYTHING? Hard to believe.

I agree, if Wesley can be eligible for the DP surely they can find something to charge her with. Also as a nurse myself I will be horrified if she is allowed to keep her nursing license.

I was shocked when SM walked, in my mind she knew what was going on at the time. I wonder if she could be charged for something else whilst WM goes up on DP.

Whatever happens, the pair of them never gave that little one a chance once SM found out she was pregnant. They could have stopped the adoption at that stage.

Wesley's lawyer on Sherin's injuries: ".....it may have been someone else who interacted with her."
Source: KRLD's reporter from the court: Alan Scaia on Twitter

if so, surely the registered nurse working on a hospital's nurse-call hotline would know what to do if someone outside the family hurt the child.

Damn, this kid nearly grabbed that brass ring.

Sherin, Honey, we're sorry, all your aunties & uncles here at WS, we didn't know you needed us!

Great news @ Yellow Rose. It is late, I fact I didn't expect it to happen at this stage.

Best news I've heard all day. If the jury will follow through. He deserves the death penalty. His wife is just as guilty, MOO. I guess they thought they could treat her like trash, dispose of her, and no one would be the wiser. Or, if they were, no one would care. WRONG!!! I'll never forget that sweet baby's face.

Wow, finally going for the DP. Surprised by this a bit because it's so much later in the process. As long as he never gets out except for on a board, I'm okay.
Where did you see they're seeking the death penalty? I'm all for it, but this is the latest news I found.

Maria Guerrero
Published Jun 7, 2019 at 1:01 PM

The Richardson man faces life in prison if convicted of murdering his three-year-old daughter, Sherin Mathews, in October 2017.
Wesley Mathews Appears in Court for Pretrial Hearing

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back