TX TX - Sloane Powell, 27, Fort Worth, 17 December 1994

sloane7777

Reaction score
This is the First thread I have started (with the help of Los2188)

This case seems very solvable, however I can find very little to post, We have the same name , same age, and I happened to be in Ft. Worth visiting from Arkansas the day she was murdered, I was on the trip to decide if I want to leave all my friends and relocate, Well Sloane had just done the same thing, she was in Ft worth for a mere two weeks from Odessa (where I used to live) she went to a gas station/store and was shot as she left. A male around the corner at an apartment building was shot right after, he lived.

Report number: 94032452
Victim: Sloane Powell, 27 years old

Synopsis:
On December 17, 1994, Sloane Powell was at a convenience store at 4344 E. Lancaster Avenue. As she was leaving the store, she was shot and killed during an apparent robbery. A short time later, a male was shot during a robbery at a nearby apartment complex on Meadowbrook Drive. He survived his injuries. It was later determined that the same firearm was used in both crimes.

http://www.fortworthpd.com/get-involved/1990-to-1999.aspx

http://www.fortworthpd.com/media/images/powell.jpg

Whoa - I just saw Sloane and sloane777 and was like, huh?!?

I remember going to that part of town during high school to buy booze at some sketchy stores. Not much to go on in this case, it seems. She was a beautiful girl.

Yes I found a map of where she lived to the store I will post later, also the guy that was shot after her has to have given some kind of description if they want it solved you would think they would post that kind of info on the cold case page huh?

I also found her paperwork from the night she was taken to the hospital

I am Sloane's cousin, she lived with me at the address you posted. Thank you for starting this thread. I hope that someday her case will be solved!!

OMG, Traci (oddly I have a sister named Traci) I know there is more information out there , the person around the corner that this person shot had to have given a description or made some kind of statement and I cant find anything, so far all I have found is the article in the Star telegram and the med examiners report , I am so sorry you lost her, I cant imagine at that age (I am the same age) I have a cousin that's murder is unsolved as well, Fred New JR. its from 74 so I thought I would embark on trying to help Sloane , I was actually visiting a friend in Dallas in 94 when this happened and to make this even stranger I had a cousin in Eureka Springs Arkansas named Sloan Dillaha who was shot and killed by her husband Bennett almost exactly a year after Sloane was murdered ....therefore I'm in it for the long haul, too many signs , she was very pretty and young and it seems so easily solved , seems like someone would have talked by now

OMG, Traci (oddly I have a sister named Traci) I know there is more information out there , the person around the corner that this person shot had to have given a description or made some kind of statement and I cant find anything, so far all I have found is the article in the Star telegram and the med examiners report , I am so sorry you lost her, I cant imagine at that age (I am the same age) I have a cousin that's murder is unsolved as well, Fred New JR. its from 74 so I thought I would embark on trying to help Sloane , I was actually visiting a friend in Dallas in 94 when this happened and to make this even stranger I had a cousin in Eureka Springs Arkansas named Sloan Dillaha who was shot and killed by her husband Bennett almost exactly a year after Sloane was murdered ....therefore I'm in it for the long haul, too many signs , she was very pretty and young and it seems so easily solved , seems like someone would have talked by now
Hey Sloane - I went to the Sewanee Academy with Bennett back in the mid 1970's. Can you fill me in on what happened? We were actually pretty good friends for the one year we were there....

Hey Sloane - I went to the Sewanee Academy with Bennett back in the mid 1970's. Can you fill me in on what happened? We were actually pretty good friends for the one year we were there....
Thinking more about Bennett- he was a real partier in high school - a kind of Spicoli. We called him "Dillahaha" b/c he was often stoned.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back