Identified! TX - Smith Co, Hwy 69S/FM 2813, WhtMale 27-42, UP3216, Rockport shoes, Dec'04 - Kim Ryan Casey

Warlord said:
Very Sad. Any clue to the age?

Forensic testing CAN be done to determine the approximate age, within a few years. This is done on bones and/or teeth. It is very accurate.

Bone density testing, I believe it is called. As we age, our bones are not as dense (or strong). It may not be visible to the naked eye, but I have looked at bones under a microscope and bone density is evident with a microscope.

Teeth develop wear patterns as we age. Depending on the amount of wear on the surface of the teeth, they can approximate the age very closely.

The sad truth is we may never know who this is. There is a common misconception that when an adult goes missing, it does not need to be reported. This person may not have been missing, they may have been homeless, or whatever and the family knew that and perhaps had not seen or heard from him in eons....so to not hear from him would not lead them to suspect anything was amiss, certainly not to suspect he had died.

Personally, I think this guy just died, and was found in this building.
Again, we may never know his true identity.

Unless someone comes forward and says they have a missing loved one that is a probable match, extensive testing will probably not be done because the costs are so prohibitive. A panoramic dental x-ray will be taken, and if dental records are provided by someone, they can get an easy match.

I hope this helps.
With HOPE, Lanie

Seeker said:
Any further info on this? "Most likely" based on clothing is not proof that it is a male.

I wear mens jeans because I have no hips and they fit better. I also wear mens t-shirts because they seem to be made better. The clothes I wear do not make me "most likely" a male....

Just curious if this person's gender has been confirmed.

The statement this is a male was based on other factors besides the clothes alone. We have several friends in Texas who are keeping their ears open on this case, and if anything breaks, we will post it here, immediately.

Again, chances are good that he might not be identified. Sad, but true. Texas buries a lot of Does. I doubt anyone on this board realizes the actual numbers, but they are quite high, I'd be willing to bet. There is a reason I say that. Texas is large, and I know the number of Does found across America every year is far too high. Comparing the number of open cases in Texas (72,000+) vs. the number of open cases in New York (4000+), I would say, sadly, yes, Texas probably has a high number of unclaimed Does.

I hope this answers your question, Seeker.
Blessings, Lanie

I think he is still a John Doe.

https://identifyus.org/cases/3216
NamUs UP Case Number: 3216
ME/C Case Number: 04-62939
Smith County, Texas
27 to 42 Year Old White Male
Minimum age 27 years
Maximum age 42 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Male
Weight (pounds) 0, Estimated
Height (inches) 114, Estimated
Date found December 23, 2004 at 12:00 AM
B0DY L0CATED IN A BARN IN A W00DED AREA NEAR THE INTERSECTI0N 0F HWY 69S AND FM 2813
CL0THING DESCRIPTI0N WAS A BLK BBCAP BLU JACKET BLUE JEANS AND BR0WN R0CKP0RT SH0ES

There is little other information here.

So, has anyone had any luck finding a missing person who's 114 inches tall? That's 9ft 6 inches.

Should we e-mail the case manager and ask if there's an error?

So, has anyone had any luck finding a missing person who's 114 inches tall? That's 9ft 6 inches.

Should we e-mail the case manager and ask if there's an error?

if you were looking for feedback Donjeta, I think someone should advise Namus that the height is wrong.

I already did and got a nice understated reply that yes, he's a tad tall and that they're currently in the process of cleaning up all the records of the errors that came in the automated process of converting the records from another database to Namus.

They've left the height blank for now.

*November 4, 2019: Artist rendering added at request of Det. James Holt, Criminal Investigations

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP3216
Male, White / Caucasian
5E1C7E23-34A8-465E-9DCD-25792BE38BF1.jpeg
Date Body Found: December 23, 2004
Location Found: Smith County, Texas
Estimated Age: Adult - Pre 50; 27-42
Estimated Year of Death: 2004
Estimated Height: 5' 8" - 6' 2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown or Completely Bald

Eye Color: Unknown
Distinctive physical characteristic: Medium to large frame with average muscle development

Clothing: A black baseball cap, blue jacket, blue jeans, and brown "Rockport" brand shoes

Circumstances of Recovery: Body located in a barn in a wooded area, near the intersection of Highway 69 South and FM 2813.

Investigating Agencies

Tyler Police Department (903) 531-1000
Agency Case Number: 04-62939
Forensic Medical - Tyler (903) 877-3800
Home - Forensic Medical
Agency Case Number: 04-1218

Attachments

• 9092DB46-6C0C-4692-BCE0-395A6D178FC6.jpeg
    9092DB46-6C0C-4692-BCE0-395A6D178FC6.jpeg
    374.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 1A788791-18D2-4D06-942C-23270529962A.jpeg
    1A788791-18D2-4D06-942C-23270529962A.jpeg
    269.8 KB · Views: 4
Probably a better match...a little on the shorter side. About 1 1/2 hours away from Smith County via Interstate 20...

View attachment 222685 View attachment 222686 View attachment 222687
Michael Jerome Zipfel
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Missing June 1, 2004 from
Coppell, Texas
45 year old White Male
5’9”, 130-145 lbs
@MadMcGoo did you ever submit him? Because wow does he look like the sketch! I know he's a DDP case, but his highest match, isn't that great. Anything helps, right?

Michael has been submitted to The Doe Network. I found some discrepancies in his disappearance date (one lists January 2005, which would rule this match out), but I’ll leave it up to them to determine which one is accurate.

I also asked if both men could be added to Doe Net. I’ll keep y’all updated!

Probably a better match...a little on the shorter side. About 1 1/2 hours away from Smith County via Interstate 20...

View attachment 222685 View attachment 222686 View attachment 222687
Michael Jerome Zipfel
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Missing June 1, 2004 from
Coppell, Texas
45 year old White Male
5’9”, 130-145 lbs
I received an email response from the Doe Network. A match has been ruled out based on DNA comparison. Both subjects apparently have DNA (CODIS) samples on file.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back