Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

Per the article, could be because was afraid he would get in trouble, presumably for failing to find the girl the first time he went into the room. Wow. Thank god the dispatcher asked if they should send Forth Worth police in there too.
“I can tell you his reaction through the entire incident did not meet my expectations,” Dennis said. “In my opinion, he seemed more concerned about being in trouble than anything else.”
New details show officer almost botched 2nd chance to rescue kidnapped Fort Worth girl

Last edited:
Basically the child was in the room and the car was in the parking lot. Officers that went there the first time failed to find either. I understand they were concerned about consent from the suspect about searching his room, but why did they fail to ID the car? Good Samaritans and Forth Worth police (when they were called) had no such trouble.

Basically the child was in the room and the car was in the parking lot. Officers that went there the first time failed to find either. I understand they were concerned about consent from the suspect about searching his room, but why did they fail to ID the car? Good Samaritans and Forth Worth police (when they were called) had no such trouble.

Same question and I think more than just the one guy needs to be fired.

She’s 8, and probably a tiny little thing but seriously, who has a laundry basket that big with that many dirty clothes while living in a hotel?? Was there bedding placed on top of her to conceal her? Wouldn’t it seem odd for a hotel guest to have the bedding in a laundry basket, if that was the case? Just my thoughts.

Same question and I think more than just the one guy needs to be fired.

I agree, his partner had an obligation to speak up, could have called a supervisor, but did nothing.

Pretty dang embarrassing when the local pastor and his side kick find the car and have to argue with the officer.

So thankful for the dispatcher for requesting FWPD. MOO, she knew something was wrong.

The angels were working overtime that night.

She’s 8, and probably a tiny little thing but seriously, who has a laundry basket that big with that many dirty clothes while living in a hotel?? Was there bedding placed on top of her to conceal her? Wouldn’t it seem odd for a hotel guest to have the bedding in a laundry basket, if that was the case? Just my thoughts.

This is an extended stay hotel, rents by the week, has living room, kitchen, bedroom. Having laundry out would not be a red flag.

For that poor kid to be in a basket and not make noise when police were in there-she must have been scared out of her mind.

This case really upset me. I started following right after it was posted. Stayed up til they announced they found her. Several posters were local, one even went out and searched. It was amazing what went on in the community, behind the scenes to find her.

LE had problems from the get go.

Per the article, could be because was afraid he would get in trouble, presumably for failing to find the girl the first time he went into the room. Wow. Thank god the dispatcher asked if they should send Forth Worth police in there too.
“I can tell you his reaction through the entire incident did not meet my expectations,” Dennis said. “In my opinion, he seemed more concerned about being in trouble than anything else.”
New details show officer almost botched 2nd chance to rescue kidnapped Fort Worth girl

BBM "Per the article, could be because was afraid he would get in trouble, presumably for failing to find the girl the first time he went into the room."

He should be worried, I am sure he will be named in the lawsuit.

This is an extended stay hotel, rents by the week, has living room, kitchen, bedroom. Having laundry out would not be a red flag.
That’s correct. The laundry in and of itself wouldn’t be a red flag. I’m just thinking of about what the cop saw when he walked in the room.

How big was that laundry basket? Did it have a lid like a laundry hamper? Was it overflowing? What if this particular cop has a partner who always does the laundry so it’s not anything obviously odd to him?

They had to wait for the perp to open the door on the initial visit. Did it occur to them why? Poor little girl was probably so scared she was holding her breath.

Hopefully, this is a learning experience for all LE, not just this local crew.

So, if he does not appeal the suspension.....
Does the status change to termination? Or Does it remain a suspension?
JMO, what safeguard is there to prevent the officer from moving on to another PD ?

Sorry I haven't gotten back promptly. He submitted his appeal, why not if you have nothing to lose, so he is still on indefinite suspension. Otherwise, I believe that it would become termination if did not submit his appeal within a set time. (Union Rules).

"Wolfe’s attorney, Robyn Trosper with the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, said she delivered Wolfe’s appeal of his indefinite suspension on Thursday. She declined to comment further."

Sorry I haven't gotten back promptly. He submitted his appeal, why not if you have nothing to lose, so he is still on indefinite suspension. Otherwise, I believe that it would become termination if did not submit his appeal within a set time. (Union Rules).

"Wolfe’s attorney, Robyn Trosper with the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas, said she delivered Wolfe’s appeal of his indefinite suspension on Thursday. She declined to comment further."

Thanks for the reply and update. I'm in a rural area, we don't have a police union (thank goodness). They do have a state organization.

It is amazing...by the grace of God, he did not kill her after the first search.

The question I'm thinking is.....how many times was she assaulted during the time til the second LE visit?

As I recall, SS was described as quiet when they found her. I don't think she was quiet because she was just fine, I bet she was in total shock.

I can not imagine what she was thinking after LE did not find her the first time.

How in the world could they say she is "fine"? They knew she wasn't "fine", she's 8 yo, kidnapped, saw her mother try to save her, had LE not find her, and sexually assaulted. Where is the "she's fine" after all this?

From the get go LE failed. NO amber alert, they couldn't get fax machine working, no information to media, again, couldn't get fax to work, LE does a p*** poor job of the room search, argues with preacher who found the car and then says she's fine. They ALL need to be fired, imo!!!!!

Well, he can plead not guilty however SS was found in his room and I am sure that DNA will tell the tale. If that isn't enough to prove guilt, I don't know what is.

My guess is that there is more than sufficient evidence to prove guilt that SS will not be required to testify.

I also don't see this as being a long and drawn out trial. IMO it's a slam dunk.

Maybe he wants a new lawyer because his current lawyer was suggesting that he plead guilty.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back