GUILTY TX - Stacey Stites, 19, found murdered, Bastrop, 23 April 1996 *Appeal denied*

Nobody is going to plant anything.

Multiple agencies worked on this case

Who's to say her fiance at the time didn't, let's say right after he murdered her. Maybe while she was still alive right before he murdered her. Considering he was a dirty cop, nothing shouldn't be considered. And he would have access, knowledge, etc. to anything that may or may not bring a case to the prosecution.

Explain RR's semen on her pants, bra, back brace, on her body, in her body etc.
You state this as though it is a fact. That is far from certain, however, let's say you are correct, it is possible through the lack of proper chain of evidence handling by LE who has been shown to be fairly incompetent here. Surely you wouldn't be opposed to testing items again, would you?

That is the whole point here - to get to the truth by retesting evidence, this time without the corrupt local yokels running the show. But you've already executed him, so let's just move on.

Who's to say her fiance at the time didn't, let's say right after he murdered her. Maybe while she was still alive right before he murdered her. Considering he was a dirty cop, nothing shouldn't be considered. And he would have access, knowledge, etc. to anything that may or may not bring a case to the prosecution.

Explain how JF could drive 30 miles without a vehicle, kill Stacey, conveniently dump her body half a mile from where Rodney was living with his mother, somehow obtain his fresh spit and fresh semen, place the semen all over her body, in her body, backbrace, wet panties, bra etc. Drive the 30 miles back to his apartment (again without a vehicle) and be home before 6 am, which is the time Stacey's mother testified said she yelled to him from her apartment?

You state this as though it is a fact. That is far from certain, however, let's say you are correct, it is possible through the lack of proper chain of evidence handling by LE who has been shown to be fairly incompetent here. Surely you wouldn't be opposed to testing items again, would you?

That is the whole point here - to get to the truth by retesting evidence, this time without the corrupt local yokels running the show. But you've already executed him, so let's just move on.

They can test the belt. They have already tested everything else.

Explain how JF could drive 30 miles without a vehicle, kill Stacey, conveniently dump her body half a mile from where Rodney was living with his mother, somehow obtain his fresh spit and fresh semen, place the semen all over her body, in her body, backbrace, wet panties, bra etc. Drive the 30 miles back to his apartment (again without a vehicle) and be home before 6 am, which is the time Stacey's mother testified said she yelled to him from her apartment?

I believe his friend was with him. Or he parked her/his truck and walked a distance and then asked to be picked up.

There is a lot of evidence that puts REASONABLE DOUBT into an objective mind, including answering how did two beer cans happen to be near the scene having her abusive fiance's DNA on it? How did her other shoe wind up in Jimmy's/her truck, just a few examples. Are you proposing that Rodney walked all over planting these things to point fingers at Jimmy? What are your solid reasons as to how and why?

Edit: Correcting that both Jimmy and Stacy shared the truck.

I believe his friend was with him. Or he parked her/his truck and walked a distance and then asked to be picked up.

There is a lot of evidence that puts REASONABLE DOUBT into an objective mind, including answering how did two beer cans happen to be near the scene having her abusive fiance's DNA on it? How did her other shoe wind up in Jimmy's/her truck, just a few examples. Are you proposing that Rodney walked all over planting these things to point fingers at Jimmy? What are your solid reasons as to how and why?

Court documents say JF's DNA is nowhere near the crime scene.

Court documents say JF's DNA is nowhere near the crime scene.

Yes I mispoke and stand corrected on the beer cans. It was Jimmy's co-worker(s) and personal friend's DNA. So DNA is placed near the scene with connection to Jimmy and Rodney's DNA was eliminated.

Sure he might be. But no one should be executed if there is a shred of doubt. Given the shoddy way this case was handled, taking a breath and reexamining evidence is warranted IMO.

This is how I feel too. There are too many things left unanswered. If in fact all of these things are answered and still point at Rodney then he deserves whatever is ruled. Until then, we owe it to all parties to be certain and without question that Rodney did or did not murder Stacey.

I have to say I am surprised at the amount of people who aren't angry at the injustice of how this has played out over the years, the corrupt way it was handled at the top of the list. Why it's okay with the history of Jimmy Fennell, and why no one is outraged by that. There are victim's by his hand, what's to say he isn't capable of murder given his violent behaviour? I put myself in Rodney's shoes, his family's. I would want no stone left unturned before someone put my son to death if there were things pointing to innocence.

I can't believe that there are a tooooooon of people (nobody on here) that actually want him to be released from prison.

I can't believe that there are a tooooooon of people (nobody on here) that actually want him to be released from prison.

I don't want him released if in fact the other crimes they say he committed are in fact true (aside from the case of Stacey). It's one thing to sit life, it's another thing with the death penalty. I'm not for death if there's an ounce of possibility there's the wrong person sentenced to die. I can't help but wonder why they kept turning down new evidence, especially when someone is scheduled for execution.

What about these few things, what reasons would there be? I don't think I've seen too many reasonable answers. Or why they never searched Jimmy and Stacey's apartment, the selling of the truck, potential evidence sitting in the truck, Jimmy's comments said to or overheard by colleagues, friends, etc. Why was he never looked at?

The argument no one knew about Rodney and Stacey's affair is a refusal to look at actual every day minds. He was a black man sleeping with an officer's fiance, a racist officer in a racist town who has threatened violence on her before. I certainly would keep anything and everything on the down low, including using a different name when referring to her, and denying any involvement if I even suspected her fiance would make 'things happen' to me. What chance in hell would I have? Zero chance. Deny, deny, deny.

What about these few things, what reasons would there be? I don't think I've seen too many reasonable answers. Or why they never searched Jimmy and Stacey's apartment, the selling of the truck, potential evidence sitting in the truck, Jimmy's comments said to or overheard by colleagues, friends, etc. Why was he never looked at?

The argument no one knew about Rodney and Stacey's affair is a refusal to look at actual every day minds. He was a black man sleeping with an officer's fiance, a racist officer in a racist town who has threatened violence on her before. I certainly would keep anything and everything on the down low, including using a different name when referring to her, and denying any involvement if I even suspected her fiance would make 'things happen' to me. What chance in hell would I have? Zero chance. Deny, deny, deny.

Jimmy Fennell was a suspect for 11 months until they got a match for Rodney's DNA.

I would love to hear your thoughts on these things though? Outside of you thinking he's guilty, what purposes would there be for those things?

Jimmy Fennell was a suspect for 11 months until they got a match for Rodney's DNA.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back