TX- State vs. Nelson, Mona Yvette

This may sound trite or hollow but Jonathan knows who loved him. He knew your love Renee. He knew the love of your husband and children. X

I'm sorry his mother wasn't there for him the way he wanted but Jonathan was blessed to have you.

This may sound trite or hollow but Jonathan knows who loved him. He knew your love Renee. He knew the love of your husband and children. X

I'm sorry his mother wasn't there for him the way he wanted but Jonathan was blessed to have you.

I know he knew what love was. I guess I feel in order to forgive someone else you have to forgive yourself first. I haven't forgiven myself for letting him go back to Houston, haven't forgiven his granny or his mother. Wouldn't be able to ever forgive Mona, no matter what!

I wish you would honey, because in no way was this your fault. You don't need to forgive yourself. I don't blame you for feeling the way you do about the others, I think I would too.

And I may get a timeout but I don't understand how on earth his mother could forgive the monster! Never!

Snipped
Despite saying she had forgiven Nelson, Motal did not return to the courtroom for closing arguments.

"I couldn't be in the same room with Mona Nelson again," she said. "I don't know if I would have been a lady."

If you couldn't be in the same room then at least stand in the hallway in support of your child!

I know he knew what love was. I guess I feel in order to forgive someone else you have to forgive yourself first. I haven't forgiven myself for letting him go back to Houston, haven't forgiven his granny or his mother. Wouldn't be able to ever forgive Mona, no matter what!

Don't keep blaming yourself. Children always will want the approval and love of their parents. They can't help it. You did an amazing thing by having him with you as you did. No one would have ever foreseen that something like this could happen. It's not your fault.
Try to think what Jonathan would want for you. Don't you think he would want you to move on and be happy? I hope you can now.
Sending love and support,
Ohiogirl:seeya:

I don't understand this "forgiveness" business either. The perp didn't even admit to the crime.
So if there is no admission, there is no remorse.
Then why would mother say she has forgiven?

I could say something but that would probably get me in trouble here. You can't really be a father figure or be considered a step dad in 3 weeks. That's how long Jonathan lived with him. Jonathan forever holds a special place in my heart, he wasn't just my nephew. We raised him for 4 years. The heart ache that child went through in 4 years of just wanting to be accepted by his mother, to know that she loved him and cared about him. If I didn't live in Missouri I would have been there for the trial,and the verdict. It's really a shame that his mother wasn't there for him then and isn't still today.

I agree a step-father does not make in three weeks.
I am happy to hear Mona will be in jail, some justice has been served in this horrific crime.
R.I.P. to your nephew, Jonathan.

Unfortunately, I need to know what happened to him. I want to know everything.

I feel that way too,also I feel like the offender needs to know that the world knows, I believe it humilates them a bit (I in no way think these people should be spared that)

This is the kind of case that will keep me up at night....I may need to step away from following or reading about some of these cases here for awhile. It's in the best interest of my own mental health.

The death penalty is too good for this piece of garbage. This monster deserves nothing less than living amongst others just like her and being the recipient of another inmates cruel treatment and daily torture. If I were a guard I would gladly turn my back and let it happen. I really hope this piece of garbage doesn't find God while in prison because IMO she deserves to spend eternity in a lake of fire and endless unbearable pain.

Believe me, I understand the need to step away. Most of the cases I archive have become very personal to me. I have to have something wonderful in my life to balance out the horror.

Renee... hugs to you and your family. You gave him a childhood. No one ever could take that away. He met a monster in the end, but you and your family gave him all that a family gives to a child. Keep that part in your thoughts and your heart. Left the horror go when it is the right time for you. This was not your doing, and it was not your fault. Keep the good memories closer than the bad ones. Heal.

Believe me, I understand the need to step away. Most of the cases I archive have become very personal to me. I have to have something wonderful in my life to balance out the horror.

Renee... hugs to you and your family. You gave him a childhood. No one ever could take that away. He met a monster in the end, but you and your family gave him all that a family gives to a child. Keep that part in your thoughts and your heart. Left the horror go when it is the right time for you. This was not your doing, and it was not your fault. Keep the good memories closer than the bad ones. Heal.

This is probably the worst case against a child I've ever heard of and I've seen a lot here. My heart breaks for those who knew and cared about this beautiful child.

I can't get my head around such evil. It's like satan has upped the ante.

What a beautiful memorial video. I love seeing pictures of him smiling and laughing.

Hugs to you, Renee. You did right by Jonathan. It's easy to say now that you shouldn't have let him go, but how can we ever imagine something like this would ever happen to a loved one?

I checked in on Jonathan's case during my layover at the airport.
I have not "evolved" to smart phones. I still use an old flip phone...
It took me about 20 minutes to find the word "guilty" and "life in prison."
I started crying in the middle of the airport between that and Damian. :seeya:

Snipped
Despite saying she had forgiven Nelson, Motal did not return to the courtroom for closing arguments.

"I couldn't be in the same room with Mona Nelson again," she said. "I don't know if I would have been a lady."

If you couldn't be in the same room then at least stand in the hallway in support of your child!

She's lying if she says she's forgiven her then. If she had forgiven her then she wouldn't be worried about being a lady. Nothing on this earth would stop me for being there if it was one of my three daughters.

Renee, my heart goes out to you x x

23_50_5.gif
It's a relief to hear she didn't fool anybody. Put her away forever in a dark, dank place. Ugh, I never want to hear about her again.

Jonathan was a fine young man with a shining eternal spirit that lives on. The pictures of Jonathan in his happy times is what we will remember.

I don't understand this "forgiveness" business either. The perp didn't even admit to the crime.
So if there is no admission, there is no remorse.
Then why would mother say she has forgiven?

The same reason I forgave the murderer of my brother and his wife. As long as I hate? He has a hold on me, and I refuse him that privileged. As MLK once said, I will ALLOW no man to narrow and degrade my soul, by making me hate him. Hating and NOT forgiving can, and will eat you up inside. The mother and family deserve better...

Have the state ever given a reason for not going for the Death penalty? I thought Texas would have.

blefuscu, I have never seen anything in MSM as to why. There may be something in the case archives here. I thought it might have been a mental acuity issue with Mona, but TX is one of the few states that chooses to define mental retardation in its own way-they executed someone with an IQ of 61 within the last 5 years.

Yeah. I'm in the UK but even I know the reputation Texas has for executions. Seems strange that they didn't go for it this time.

Maybe because they didnt have a solid motive?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back