TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #45

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t personally believe there is a cell phone shown on the video. Doesn’t make much sense to me that the killer would stop in the middle of prying a door open to pull out a phone, then go back to prying.
I hear ya! And you're likely correct. But, not quite willing to let this go...just yet.

Most people don't expect a call in the middle of the night, but if you were expecting a call or text, you might look at it immediately, even if in the middle of prying a door open. The message you're expecting might just take a momentary glance.

Do we know what time it was when SP was attempting to pry that door?

jmo

Thank you. So, no lane under the highway but it appears there is a lane across the highway for turning to entering either the wedding venue or the church. Is that correct? tia

Yes.

The highway is divided, with a grassy ditchy median in the middle that's about 30 feet wide. At various intervals (perhaps about 3/4 mile from one to the next?), to facilitate driver access to locations on the other side of the divided highway, the median is traversed by paved turn places across the median to allow turns and turnarounds to go to those places on the other side that you couldn't otherwise get to. They even provided left-turn lanes as you approach those dividers. The driveway into the church, and the driveway into the venue across the street, were both constructed to be in direct alignment with the same particular turn place.

However, there's no advantage to the perp in somehow walking across the busy highway, and plenty of disadvantage. Seeing a pedestrian crossing the highway would have been noteworthy to anyone that came by, and would have made the departure much more time-consuming.

Hi @Itsapuzzle No worries about wacky thoughts. I've had my own. One warrant said the killer may have used a phone to record the slaying. I haven't seen where that theory has been definitely ruled out although it was later said it was unlikely. So, never say never. :)

The wording in those warrants was meant to cast as wide a net as possible - even the wildest ideas - to justify a warrant to dig through phone usage of anyone in the area at the time, and provide permission to track them down. I don't put much stock in such ideas being mentioned, in light of the purpose for which they were used.

However, we do know they did get the warrant,. It's reasonable to assume they chased down the source of cell usage the obtained, and it yielded nothing of value. To me that implies the perp did not use their cell in the church - and would also eliminate the existence of conversations back and forth with any theoretical accomplice.

The wording in those warrants was meant to cast as wide a net as possible - even the wildest ideas - to justify a warrant to dig through phone usage of anyone in the area at the time, and provide permission to track them down. I don't put much stock in such ideas being mentioned, in light of the purpose for which they were used.

However, we do know they did get the warrant,. It's reasonable to assume they chased down the source of cell usage the obtained, and it yielded nothing of value. To me that implies the perp did not use their cell in the church - and would also eliminate the existence of conversations back and forth with any theoretical accomplice.

BBM- it may not eliminate conversation with another party.
What about two-way radios? It seems they don't require connecting to a cell tower. (Limited knowledge here on these so please correct me if my current assumption on this is inaccurate.) A "tactical jacket" may even have a designated holder for one.
Just a thought...

Last edited:

Seems like a point in favor of targetted, planned murder. Someone who commits a break-in just to fool around or look for valuables, doesn't worry about turning off their phone, IMO.

Last edited:
Suspect&phone.png
Okay, so this is where it looks like a phone.
Here's my theory at this point.
His phone sounds an alert at 0.23 and at that moment he turns to look at camera instinctively, then goes back to trying to open door. By 0.42/0.43 the tools are put away. At 0.43/44 he displays body language like he's having a quick think about looking at phone - he's gonna do it - I see phone flip up, he looks briefly, then it's back in pocket. It's all over by 0.49 when he walks off. It looks like something is missing there in the footage, it doesn't flow smoothly with his feet movements. Yes, @Inthedetails, was someone doing surveillance for him, alerting him to what was going on outside? What time did Missy leave her home, would it match in with her departure time?
And if there was phone activity picked up wouldn't LE keep it under their hat?
PS: I only saw this when I looked at the footage on my iPhone, had it at 720p and put it on 0.25 speed and zoomed in. And had on magnified by 4 glasses. I can't un-see it now :)

Last edited:
View attachment 290688
His phone sounds an alert at 0.23 and at that moment he turns to look at camera instinctively, then goes back to trying to open door. By 0.42/0.43 the tools are put away. At 0.43/44 he displays body language like he's having a quick think about looking at phone - he's gonna do it - I see phone flip up, he looks briefly, then it's back in pocket. It's all over by 0.49 when he walks off. It looks like something is missing there in the footage, it doesn't flow smoothly with his feet movements. Yes, @Inthedetails, was someone doing surveillance for him, alerting him to what was going on outside? What time did Missy leave her home, would it match in with her departure time?
PS: I only saw this when I looked at the footage on my iPhone, had it at 720p and put it on 0.25 speed and zoomed in. And had on magnified by 4 glasses. I can't un-see it now :)
I agree SP appears to adjust his/her collar and check something, possibly the time?

Here is our driver from the SWFA surveillance video. Out of thousands of frames, there are only 3 to my knowledge showing his face with the balaclava -like face covering to that extent. Out of the 3 frames 1 shows it the best. It is not clear, if the balaclava continues over or behind his receding hairline or possible bald or shaved head.

It is raining heavily and the moisture on the windshield only enlarges some features like the left ear area of the individual. This image clearly puts the theory to rest IMO, that the driver "is making out" or is at the SWFA Outdoors out of other reasons than to be casing the property with the possible intention of entering the building IMO.

This frame was isolated and carefully ran through several programs, that recognize noise and artifacts. Noise and artifacts remained unaffected although smoothed out. You can see some of the moisture pads on the windshield, that causes an illusion of light curly looking hair. That is on the windshield! If you want to play with brightness and contrast, you will be able to see the individual is either bald or has a receding hairline of very short shaved hair. All IMO

MB SWFA Driver balaclava and hair PSCS TAL WEBSLEUTHS.png
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

View attachment 290688

Here is the video cropped/slow motion to only show the individual. He is doing something IMO:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-bulletin-board-cropped-brightness-speed o25.mp4

ALL IMO

-Nin

The Search Warrant document is dated January 2019.
RE: TimeLine of SP at CoC

2:23am <modsnip: SW does not specify that the perp entered the building at that time, only that "motion activated cameras in the building are first activated but they do not capture any person or cause of the activation">

3:50am First appears on camera

4:18am Missy enters church

4:35am First camper arrived and waiting outside

5:02am Body discovered

My friends, that's 27 minutes spent in the kitchen if that's indeed where SP entered the bldg.

View attachment 289018

Login - Dropbox

Here is the video cropped/slow motion to only show the individual. He is doing something IMO:

creekside-church-surveillance-video-update-bulletin-board-cropped-brightness-speed o25.mp4

ALL IMO

-Nin

Hmmmm......I also think for sure it looks like SP is looking at something, but I'm not sure the timing coincides with the idea that they were being notified MB had pulled up. 3:58 is when SP looks at mystery item, only 8 minutes from initially being seen on camera. Then MB doesn't enter until 4:18AM. That's a 20 minute timeframe from the time SP looks at mystery item until MB enters the church.

Now.....that doesn't mean that they weren't looking at another message and then they were notified later when she did arrive. I was hoping it was closer to time that MB pulled up because it would help more in my idea there was a lookout person and thus, more towards a hit versus random burglary gone bad.

There are just too many coincidences for that day for my mind to go 100% on random burglary. At this point I'm 50/50 on both ideas.

At this point I'm 50/50 on both ideas.
Snipped.

Same.

I'm 50/50 too and trying to keep an open mind about my theories.

Missy wasn't perfect (none of us are) but I can't see anyone wanting to actually murder her. Yet, I can't see a burglar wanting to kill her either. And, SP doesn't look like a competent burglar, and in fact wasn't considering s/he didn't take anything that we know of....yet SP broke in, escaped, and was wearing a disguise, which shows some criminal thought.

What the heck happened and why?

jmo

Hmmmm......I also think for sure it looks like SP is looking at something, but I'm not sure the timing coincides with the idea that they were being notified MB had pulled up. 3:58 is when SP looks at mystery item, only 8 minutes from initially being seen on camera. Then MB doesn't enter until 4:18AM. That's a 20 minute timeframe from the time SP looks at mystery item until MB enters the church.

Google Maps

Maybe SP was given a heads-up that Missy left the house? Who knows. I go back & forth as well, but usually end up on the random side of the fence.

Here is our driver from the SWFA surveillance video. Out of thousands of frames, there are only 3 to my knowledge showing his face with the balaclava -like face covering to that extent. Out of the 3 frames 1 shows it the best. It is not clear, if the balaclava continues over or behind his receding hairline or possible bald or shaved head.

It is raining heavily and the moisture on the windshield only enlarges some features like the left ear area of the individual. This image clearly puts the theory to rest IMO, that the driver "is making out" or is at the SWFA Outdoors out of other reasons than to be casing the property with the possible intention of entering the building IMO.

This frame was isolated and carefully ran through several programs, that recognize noise and artifacts. Noise and artifacts remained unaffected although smoothed out. You can see some of the moisture pads on the windshield, that causes an illusion of light curly looking hair. That is on the windshield! If you want to play with brightness and contrast, you will be able to see the individual is either bald or has a receding hairline of very short shaved hair. All IMO

View attachment 290733
Click to enlarge

ALL IMO

-Nin

is it just me or does the balaclava appear white in color? Doesn’t SP have a black one on?

I'm impressed you have footage with a timecode...was that the initial release but it was wiped from the later footage released?

Twenty minutes is not long until zero hour, yet I get no sense of SP being anxious to get through the rest of the walk thru/smashing.
All of this meandering and smashing seems like the act of the addle minded.
This just doesn't look like your "average" vandal or murderer....whatever that is.

Amateur opinion and speculation

All of this meandering and smashing seems like the act of the addle minded.
This just doesn't look like your "average" vandal or murderer....whatever that is.

Amateur opinion and speculation
Yes, except quite deliberate and systematic, as has been pointed out. Not walking aimlessly, going back to place they were before, or reacting like: pulling on door, door doesn't open, rattles door, walks away, goes back, pulls out various tools, drops one on the floor, pulls again on door, tries tool wrong way, pulls on door, etc etc, which IMO would be the behaviour of an addled brain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivekmtl