TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #46

Discussion in 'Crimes in the News' started by tlcya, Feb 7, 2017.

1. scoodyboo

scoodyboo Well-Known Member

As I recall Room 17 had the prison Bible study files, per Gumshoe Stories. Do we know if MPD looked into those students for any recent releases/connections?

Laughing, dotr, Itsapuzzle and 6 others like this.

2. Sillybilly

Sillybilly Administrator Staff Member Administrator

ADMIN NOTE:

Gumshoe has been Verified by Tricia as a case expert in Missy's case. We are aware of who Gumshoe is and any misperceptions related to a possible conflict of interest in his dealings with Brandon Bevers are absolutely unwarranted.

Some posts have been removed and I have modsnipped some of Gumshoe's posts to remove any questioning of his motives, and intentionally left his explanations that should allay any concerns about his dealings with BB.

Challenging a Verified member is not allowed. Any member who continues to cast any aspersions or doubt Gumshoe's way will be removed from this discussion.

Gumshoe is here to help find out what happened to Missy Bevers. Stay focused on the case, not on our Verified case expert.

Hope that clarifies.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    watcher9, LeeAnnB, TexasEx and 18 others like this.
  3. Tiff23fr

Tiff23fr Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's interesting that it sounds like the room with the prison ministry info may have been most disturbed. I have looked into these ministries a bit more and it sounds like those in this ministry would build relationships and pray with the prisoners. It doesn't sound like it is typically an academic arrangement. One of the prison ministry websites states the relationships you build are most important:

Here is an excerpt from one:
    APPLICATION: OUR RELATIONAL MINISTRY TO PRISONERS MATTERS

While programming is important, nothing can replace the impact of the person-to-person connection we offer as volunteers. Even though trauma, shame, guilt, or distrust may warp prisoners' natural instincts for intimacy, we will see results as we patiently share the love of Christ with prisoners.

When you meet with your mentee for the first time, you will want to take a look at the current landscape of factors in the person’s life. For instance, does the person have a history of substance abuse? Do they have relationships in their lives that need healing and forgiveness? Do they lack spiritual maturity and need to grow in their relationship with God and in Christian community?

Hardwired to Connect - In-Prison Ministry - Prison Fellowship

I point that out because from what I have read they listen, build relationships and work on goals together. IF this is the same type of prison ministry used at CSideChurch, could those files have held info on prisoners goals, the forgiveness they seek in prayer, possible confessions in search of forgiveness, etc. Could there have been:
    -info a prisoner wanted destroyed
    or
    -info someone was seeking on a current or former prisoner

chapter 4 talks a bit about correspondence:
    https://reentry.org/Workbooks/Prison and Jail Training Manuals/HarvestManual.pdf

watcher9, Laughing, dotr and 9 others like this.
  4. No it's not

No it's not that simple

We need a reenactment. Did MPD or any other agency do one? Is the FBI still assisting the case?

-Nin

Laughing, dotr, Itsapuzzle and 7 others like this.
  5. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Quite interesting! Thank you for the info.

-Nin

dotr, al66pine and misgrn like this.
  6. Gumshoe Stories

Gumshoe Stories Missy Bevers Case Expert

Actually, as I understand it, the church’s prison ministry has to do with Bible correspondence courses that inmates take through the church. So the files in room 17 would basically be the same kind of academic files that a college might keep on a student.

I inquired as to whether police investigated the scenario of SP’s motive somehow being connected to the prison ministry. @scoodyboo, I was told that they did take a look at that, but found nothing.

watcher9, LeeAnnB, Laughing and 13 others like this.
  7. Tiff23fr

when you say academic- are you referring to XYZ has been sent Chapter 7, completed Chapter 6, etc. As in notes at that level being the extent of the files?

Edit to Add: curious if the completion of a chapter included a few questions to answer and send back based on the chapter etc.

watcher9, dotr, Itsapuzzle and 2 others like this.
  8. Gumshoe Stories

I’m saying it’s actual courses being taught, grades being given, with advancement toward degrees of some kind. So the files would be personnel files with relevant personal data about the inmate, along with academic records like a syllabus for each class, possibly copies of graded tests, grade reports, etc.

I found this on the church’s site:

“Expanding the mission field into prisons, a team of volunteers manages a prison ministry supporting almost 500 people through a faith-based curriculum.”

Missions – Creekside Church

watcher9, Laughing, dotr and 7 others like this.
  9. Razz

Razz On Time Out

So, what track are the police on now and why do think it's not the right track?

mspepper, watcher9, dotr and 6 others like this.
  10. Gumshoe Stories

I can’t go further into detail about their current investigation while it’s ongoing. I believe that at some point they will move on, at which point I should be able to talk about it. I think it’s the wrong track because it just seems implausible with regard to the person and their theory of what the motive was. BWH at least made sense. But I will be more than happy to be wrong, so here is hoping that they are on the right path.

watcher9, 8paws, Laughing and 7 others like this.
  11. No it's not

No it's not that simple

Warning. This individual may or may not be Missy's killer. If you prefer not to look at it closer, do not click to enlarge.

I have carefully isolated the image from one of my previous posts of the Nissan Altima driver from the SWFA Outdoors video. I have darkened all non important surrounding pixels including the possible hand and possible cell phone on the driver's left side, so the face is the only thing left.
    The face itself including the eyes are untouched. I have continued to mark (emphasize) the same receding hairline on the individual's right side of the head as on his left side.

I think the result is stunning:

MB SWFA Driver.png
    Click to enlarge

Disclaimer, I am not accusing the driver of the SWFA vehicle to be the murderer of Missy Terry Bevers. I am only contemplating the possibility of a connection due to circumstances like location, time, face covering, behavior but not limited to. Every person is considered innocent until proven guilty.

-Nin

12. SteveS

SteveS Attention: All my comments are IMO MOO AFAIK etc

One thing I've been pondering abut this case, is that it was definitely a "targeted" crime, no matter how you see it. The actual question is to identify the target.

The target was either MB or CCOC.

If the target was MB, then we ask ourselves who would have wanted to kill her? The possibilities are limited to people who knew her and had a reason to want her dead. This has been batted around, and went nowhere apparently.

If the target was CCOC, then we ask ourselves who would have wanted to break in, vandalize, rob the place? We haven't really considered this, but the possibilities on this end also become limited in some ways. The perp picked CCOC as a place to hit rather than all sorts of other options - for example, someone isn't likely to drive a long ways to do this, which limits the geography to some degree. There were certainly alternatives to break in and rob in other locations. Why would they have picked CCOC? I wonder what other limiters this target would create.

Amateurpi1, watcher9, 8paws and 16 others like this.
  13. Tiff23fr

This is why I was thinking it might be Biblical "Faith Based" curriculum. Oh well- it was just a possible avenue/motive for breaking into the church I thought I would toss out. Thanks again.

A few prisoners get permission to take for-credit correspondence courses offered by colleges or universities, although they have to pay tuition and keep up with class assignments they receive by mail. Some prisoners may also receive permission to take free or low-cost Bible correspondence courses offered by churches and other religious organizations.
    FAQ: Prison Educational Programs - Prison Fellowship

watcher9, dotr, al66pine and 4 others like this.
  14. Itsapuzzle

Itsapuzzle Well-Known Member

That's amazing Nin, great work. He looks a lot older than the guy I've been envisioning ... very interesting.

watcher9, dotr, HulaMum and 4 others like this.
  15. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

Literally, SP would eventually leave one of the rooms via a door leading into the hallway. So, yes. SP could rummage within those aforementioned areas without being seen on camera for however much time SP spent confined in Rooms 20-16.
    What? Are we positive the rooms' lights automatically turn on when someone enters the room? No. I don't think the lights were hi-tech but required an off and on switch, correct?

Overhead lights did not come on in Room 21 when SP experienced a Dutch Door unexpectedly or else the light would shine in the window which might alert someone passing by. Even with blinds closed at a window, overheads would illuminate the window from the exterior.

Besides, SP has lights! SP's wearing a GoPro, while maybe carrying a torch and what about a headlight on the cheap helmet. SPs lit up like a Christmas Tree and who knows what's in that vest with nearly useless small pockets except maybe a few screwdrivers and a pry bar.

Those prison ministry records maintained in Room 17 are intriguing. It's a possible reason for SP to spend time in that area rifling through the filing cabinet and whatnot.

But, what's causing the illumination across the floor in the S hallway? Was there not a lighted glass encased library with a nice chair facing the S hallway in April 2016 because there was a small lit library in July 2016?

dotr, Itsapuzzle, al66pine and 5 others like this.
  16. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

Can LE discussed details with outside sources/investigators about ongoing cases?

mspepper, dotr, al66pine and 2 others like this.
  17. DeDee

DeDee Well-Known Member

I am thrilled the Reward for Missy is now $140k. Pass a link so I can read about that wonderful highlight, please.

How do you know the possibly white object SP carried was left behind at the CS when we don't even know what it is?

watcher9, dotr, iamnotagolem and 6 others like this.
  18. Kittybunny

Kittybunny Well-Known Member

Wow! Amazing work!

19. Gumshoe Stories

There is no link yet on the reward increase.

It’s clear that SP leaves behind the object because when they’re breaking into room 9, they have it. When they come back around to the auditorium they no longer have it. That object is too large to fit in a pocket.

watcher9, 8paws, bluenoser and 6 others like this.
  20. SandyQLS

SandyQLS Well-Known Member

Amateurpi1, dotr, Itsapuzzle and 3 others like this.