TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #47

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I've literally never heard or read of the locution 'puncture wounds', being used as a synonym for 'gunshots' or 'bullet wounds'.

It could indicate a knife, but seems more like an ice pick or an awl.

Best I can recall, we see the SP with a hammer and also a crowbar type instrument (in the W hallway at the closet door). However, LE's statement doesn't state they we can actually see the tools SP is carrying that were used to make the injuries so your assumption is a good one. imho

What is a puncture wound? | Injuries, Wound and Trauma

Punctures usually occur when a pointed object, such as a nail, pierces the skin. A gunshot wound is a puncture wound.

I don't understand how a diamond removed from its setting could be traced back to Missy but willing to give it a bit of consideration if the rings were fitted tightly around the finger. HIgh quality loose diamonds have a well-sought after market. My BFF owns a highly lucrative pawn shop so these thoughts of leaving the jewelry behind are based on experience in visits to her shop and whenever we may meet socially.
I have 6 diamonds in earrings, that are each under half a carat, and all have laser identifiers. I didn't ask for this, they just came that way. If she had a large diamond, most likely it was identifiable/traceable. Yes, if you are well connected, you might find the right person skilled enough to remove/alter the inscriptions. It's not going to be someone at a pawn shop.
I don't think this had anything to do with why her ring wasn't taken, I think the murderer was in a big hurry to get out of there.

This has been gone over multiple times. Once the burglar has killed someone, their number one priority is to get out of there. They are not going to spend 3 minutes getting a ring off a finger or two minutes going back into a room to grab the video equipment. You may disagree and that is valid but it is like the same conversation again and again.

Please do not insult me with comments like this one as I have been on MBs threads since Day One. I simply choose not to dwell on her threads any longer. Certain comments bring me out of my special place though.

This has been gone over multiple times.

Whether you believe this a puncture wound from a 'tool' or a gun, a planned hit or unintentional confrontation, I wonder if we would know anything more from any video AFTER the murder. I don't believe we know how the killer exited the scene. Did he - or she - backtrack to where they entered and are seen again on video? Or did they leave through the door Missy entered and ran to their vehicle? Quite possibly this may not reveal anything more that will help. But one never knows - they could have been on a cell phone while fleeing. Maybe a gun is seen in their hand or just simply that hammer? IF there is footage of the killer fleeing in a panic and they are running that particular gait may be distinctive. Or did they briskly but calmly exit the scene? In any event, the true nature of that is obviously being tightly held by LE.

Yeah, I've literally never heard or read of the locution 'puncture wounds', being used as a synonym for 'gunshots' or 'bullet wounds'.

It could indicate a knife, but seems more like an ice pick or an awl.
It could mean a lot of things. But she was killed by a handgun, not a knife, pick, awl, or anything else.

Whether you believe this a puncture wound from a 'tool' or a gun, a planned hit or unintentional confrontation, I wonder if we would know anything more from any video AFTER the murder. I don't believe we know how the killer exited the scene. Did he - or she - backtrack to where they entered and are seen again on video? Or did they leave through the door Missy entered and ran to their vehicle? Quite possibly this may not reveal anything more that will help. But one never knows - they could have been on a cell phone while fleeing. Maybe a gun is seen in their hand or just simply that hammer? IF there is footage of the killer fleeing in a panic and they are running that particular gait may be distinctive. Or did they briskly but calmly exit the scene? In any event, the true nature of that is obviously being tightly held by LE.
You assume there is video after the murder. But from what we know of the cams and the system, there wouldn't necessarily have been any video (until campers entered at 5). I have my doubts any happened.

It could mean a lot of things. But she was killed by a handgun, not a knife, pick, awl, or anything else.
Midlothian police released a longer clip showing the person walking through different parts of the church and swinging what appears to be a large hammer. Police indicated it was found near her body along with other tools from the church.

Yep, aware of such media reports. They were based on wording in a single SW, which was the one and only time LE offered anything about cause of death. But LE (who would know) says explicitly in internal docs (not necessarily expecting them to be seen, since the info is part of a pile of data) she was killed by handgun.

So if she was killed by "puncture wounds," then they were using the technical term medically for gunshots that puncture the skin, and apparently intending to mislead the outsiders by their odd choice of words. I think the weird wording was intentionally chosen for the very reason that they were true, but would cause outsiders to jump to the wrong conclusion.

Yep, aware of such media reports. They were based on wording in a single SW, which was the one and only time LE offered anything about cause of death. But LE (who would know) says explicitly in internal docs (not necessarily expecting them to be seen, since the info is part of a pile of data) she was killed by handgun.

So if she was killed by "puncture wounds," then they were using the technical term medically for gunshots that puncture the skin, and apparently intending to mislead the outsiders by their odd choice of words. I think the weird wording was intentionally chosen for the very reason that they were true, but would cause outsiders to jump to the wrong conclusion.
Well, it's the only thing i found when i searched her COD... and you said above, categorically with no qualifiers, that her COD was by a gun... precision is important.

I can't believe this case is not solved!
Don't have time to do down the rabbit hole, but figured it would be solved sooner or later. With emphasis on sooner.
It's been six years!

Sorry to voice my opinion.
It must extremely frustrating for everyone involved.

You assume there is video after the murder. But from what we know of the cams and the system, there wouldn't necessarily have been any video (until campers entered at 5). I have my doubts any happened.
Please read my post again. I don't assume there is video after the murders, merely wondering if there is any. As I stated he could have exited via the same door Missy entered and per everything I've read there is no video there as that is where the murder took place and it is not on video. There were no cameras at that point and the outside cameras were not working. However - and let me restate I AM NOT ASSUMING - IF the killer backtracked through the same way they entered then there MIGHT be additional video. But you and I do not know. Only LE knows at this point.

Please read my post again. I don't assume there is video after the murders, merely wondering if there is any. As I stated he could have exited via the same door Missy entered and per everything I've read there is no video there as that is where the murder took place and it is not on video. There were no cameras at that point and the outside cameras were not working. However - and let me restate I AM NOT ASSUMING - IF the killer backtracked through the same way they entered then there MIGHT be additional video. But you and I do not know. Only LE knows at this point.
LE stated at the time that the killer left the same way he came in. They also said the killer was not seen during or after the murder. At the time this came out, we assumed it was because he was running faster than any of the motion activated cameras could catch.

Yes, the SW with the odd intentional language was written on day 2 in a SW for a phone, where anything about "cause of death" was an incredibly unnecessary piece of info to include. With LE refusing to say ANYTHING about COD to the media, "puncture wounds" and "tools" led to quick, logical (but erroneous) ideas that colored the reports and discussions.

AFAIK, no one discovered the internal docs in FBI files revealing she was shot until YEARS later, and the media is still unaware of this fact.

But doesn't it mean - or at least strongly hints - that (no matter how many intruders were there) unusual outfit was not used to impersonate the LE officer?
Multiple shooting wounds, unusual outfit for a burglar, unusual behaviour for a burglar... poor research of a place to rob mixed with high level of sophisticated weirdness doesn't occur that often - and even those parts that seemingly point out as possibly poor research are mixed with some implications of excellent research of the location.

I've never said anything about this case before, despite of hearing abour it right after it happened so I apologize for being redundant, but it always striked me.
If the person on the surveillance was just a burglar and got surprised by Missy... wouldn't it be incredibly easy for him/her to say something to the accord of "Miss, please lock yourself in this room and hide far from the windows. There may be a dangerous intruder here. We'll let you know when it'll be safe to go out" and flee? It's not like they could be unaware what they're wearing. If it was all just to cover identity while burglarizing, then clearly cause surveillance was considered, and likely not only surveillance but also a chance of accidentally meeting someone "on the job". Perfect outfit to get away with no consequences. Possibly even no talking needed if the voice was known to Missy, some hand gestures should convince unarmed woman to hide.

It screams targeted, pre-planned murder IMO. Unusual plan and bizarre vibe, but also the perfect time to ambush Missy with no whitnesses and no gun on her. Any other time or location would be much more risky for the killer/s.

This has been gone over multiple times. Once the burglar has killed someone, their number one priority is to get out of there. They are not going to spend 3 minutes getting a ring off a finger or two minutes going back into a room to grab the video equipment. You may disagree and that is valid but it is like the same conversation again and again.

Bingo.

Maybe. You're putting an awful lot of faith in the accuracy of a database. In my experience, databases like that are full of errors. It's likely that whoever filled out the information in that database was simply clicking on items in drop-down menus. I would take anything from the database with a grain of salt unless LE has publicly confirmed it.

Maybe. You're putting an awful lot of faith in the accuracy of a database. In my experience, databases like that are full of errors. It's likely that whoever filled out the information in that database was simply clicking on items in drop-down menus. I would take anything from the database with a grain of salt unless LE has publicly confirmed it.
As an auditor with years of experience with databases, the GIGO effect (Garbage In, Garbage Out) is always something to be aware of. There is no magical effect to be associated with an unaudited or unverified database. It is possible whoever entered that data was an admin clerk who wasn't even involved with the case. I'm not saying it wasn't gun, but I'm not jumping on that bandwagon either. When LE stands up at a PC or says in an interview that a gun was the murder weapon, its best to keep an open mind.

Bingo.

That's a fair point that there can be an error. But imo it's much more likely that what it says is what it means. Especially when we have nothing else being said for over 6 years, and LE dodging the subject of COD.

We also have the somewhat-corroborating info shared by a verfied insider that the family considered having an open casket funeral, and that they didn't because of the emotional issues, and the damage to her body (particularly head and chest) was not an issue in the decision.

Last edited:
AFAIK, no one discovered the internal docs in FBI files revealing she was shot until YEARS later, and the media is still unaware of this fact.
AFAIK no one discovered any internal FBI docs. What was discovered is a single entry in a database not run by the LE, that might be, or might be not, correct. I would not say it is proven and sure the handgun was used.

I have 6 diamonds in earrings, that are each under half a carat, and all have laser identifiers. I didn't ask for this, they just came that way. If she had a large diamond, most likely it was identifiable/traceable. Yes, if you are well connected, you might find the right person skilled enough to remove/alter the inscriptions. It's not going to be someone at a pawn shop.
I don't think this had anything to do with why her ring wasn't taken, I think the murderer was in a big hurry to get out of there.

I, too, believe that the murderer simply was not after his ring. Another possibility could be the perpetrator being married and having gone through all this jazz, e-ring, diamond, cert, laser inscription. He, or she, might have simply known that diamonds are: 1) traceable, and b) not easily moveable (precious stones are considered illiquidity).

AFAIK no one discovered any internal FBI docs. What was discovered is a single entry in a database not run by the LE, that might be, or might be not, correct. I would not say it is proven and sure the handgun was used.
Yes, FBI records showing MB died by "handgun" are what was discovered and what we now know. That is a FACT. Murderdata.org is using and making accessible FBI records, provided to that website by FBI, not created by the website, but by FBI. (FBI will provide to any researcher who asks.) That EXACT same info about the MB murder is there and seeable on the FBI website (hard to navigate, as it's all one basic URL to start from and click-click-click to try to get what you want, taking a lot of trial and error to work your way through it to the right place, but I have seen it personally, and I think others here have as well).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member