TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

I apologize for not explaining it well. I think this is the first time the perpetrator(s) plotted a person's death; thus the unfamiliarity of what the encounter will be like. They overreacted in their plan; they may have had some confidence issues in their abilities to carry out the plan.

If the person in the gear is female, they may have lacked some confidence as Missy was very fit and would probably outmatch the attacker pretty unbalanced.

I have wondered before if a two-person team carried out the attack. I sometimes think the SWAT gear person initially attacked Missy and when it didn't go so well, the other person chased her down or stopped her as she was running away.

It is also extremely hard to pinpoint the waddle and wall hugging. The wall pushing part could be (but not limited to) an ice cold demeanor (like one, two, freddy's coming for you/fee fi fo fum) or it could be because of needing support from a health issue. It could, lastly, tie into this quoted part. The SWAT wearer may have been quite drunk with "liquid courage" to help them carry out the plan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have wondered before if a two-person team carried out the attack.
Strong evidence there is a minimum of two.

I sometimes think the SWAT gear person initially attacked Missy and when it didn't go so well, the other person chased her down or stopped her as she was running away.
The Police documented the crime scene and not revealing the details.

My personal opinion - LE was deliberately trying to mislead the public, so they called the gun a tool (ie, a tool used to shoot someone) and spoke of the bullet wounds as "puncture" wounds (ie, wounds that had punctured the skin).

To fit the description, there would have been as few as 2 shots (but no less) that were consistent with the said "tool(s)," as the description said "multiple," "wounds" (plural), and said they were in head AND chest (which would take more than one shot).

Our known info is that she was killed by gunshot, so the wounds that killed her were bullet wounds. And we have to line up the fact that they wrote "tool(s)" and "puncture" at a point when they knew those facts (the autopsy was already done).

My impression they were trying to mislead us is not only based on that misleading description (which technically is true, but leads us to think something different) but also on the fact that that was the one and only time the local LE ever said anything to the public about any details of her death.
I’ve been following this case since it happened and I always assumed that she had been beaten but after reading this thread and about how the puncture wounds keep getting mentioned and the back and forth about what weapon could have possibly caused them (a gun, a hammer, an ice pick) I thought of something totally different that I haven’t seen mentioned…a taser or a stun gun!

I looked up the wounds that are common from these weapons and the main thing is puncture wounds from the barbs that are deployed from a taser. I have always believed that it was a well thought out and planned murder by someone who knew her and her schedule. I mean come on…the church has no other instances of being broken into by said person but it just so happens that they are in full swat garb on the morning that she is showing up that early and she gets murdered by this mystery person! Also tasers are compact and easy to obtain even if you’re not law enforcement but hey they have the whole costume down pat so I’m pretty sure a taser might have been a fundamental part for the whole operation

Maybe a taser was used to make the puncture wounds?!? I looked up the injuries caused by them and puncture wounds are made by the deployment of the barbs from the taser and they can be up to 2 inches deep.

I’ve been following this case since it happened and I always assumed that she had been beaten but after reading this thread and about how the puncture wounds keep getting mentioned and the back and forth about what weapon could have possibly caused them (a gun, a hammer, an ice pick) I thought of something totally different that I haven’t seen mentioned…a taser or a stun gun!

I looked up the wounds that are common from these weapons and the main thing is puncture wounds from the barbs that are deployed from a taser. I have always believed that it was a well thought out and planned murder by someone who knew her and her schedule. I mean come on…the church has no other instances of being broken into by said person but it just so happens that they are in full swat garb on the morning that she is showing up that early and she gets murdered by this mystery person! Also tasers are compact and easy to obtain even if you’re not law enforcement but hey they have the whole costume down pat so I’m pretty sure a taser might have been a fundamental part for the whole operation

We know MB was killed by handgun, not a taser or anything else. (The idea of things like hammer, ice pick, etc arose before we knew what actually killed her.) Multiple weapons seems incredibly unlikely. imo

Maybe a taser was used to make the puncture wounds?!? I looked up the injuries caused by them and puncture wounds are made by the deployment of the barbs from the taser and they can be up to 2 inches deep.

We know MB was killed by handgun, not a taser or anything else. (The idea of things like hammer, ice pick, etc arose before we knew what actually killed her.) Multiple weapons seems incredibly unlikely. imo
SteveS has provided some really insight on this and has shown where her murder was listed as handgun/firearm.

I’ve been tazed twice for military training and it’s not THAT bad. The taser projectile gun will make you go stuff for a full 5 seconds and then it’s like nothing happened. It, or a stun gun, would not have been enough to kill her by any means.

I had conjured up some other ideas but I am pretty sold on the info SteveS gave us. I can’t thank him enough for posting it, it comes off as a massive pain to track down.

Posts by @Steve S
SteveS has provided some really insight on this and has shown where her murder was listed as handgun/firearm.
I had conjured up some other ideas but I am pretty sold on the info SteveS gave us. I can’t thank him enough for posting it, it comes off as a massive pain to track down.
snipped for focus @lonewanderer
As you said about @SteveS: " I can’t thank him enough for posting it, it comes off as a massive pain to track down."

^Ditto.^

I’ve been tazed twice for military training and it’s not THAT bad. The taser projectile gun will make you go stuff for a full 5 seconds and then it’s like nothing happened. It, or a stun gun, would not have been enough to kill her by any means.

Thanks for your reply

Thanks for your reply! I just had a little side thought about the puncture wounds lol

Thanks for your reply! I just had a little side thought about the puncture wounds lol
Its actually really common to mistake very deep wounds for gunshot wounds, but this case seems to be the other way around.

It almost lines right up with true crime repetition. Some other examples are CCTV wasn't working that night (also in Missy's case), the victim working that day wasn't supposed to come in that day, mistaking a body for a mannequin, mushroom hunters finding a body, suspects taking down the missing flyers persons in town, other cliches.

I am so late to this case. I live in Nashville and really had not heard about it until last week. I've spent the past day or so reading everything I can get my hands on regarding this case. Even so, there is a LOT that I do not know yet. Please forgive if my thoughts on this have already been suggested.

I watched the video of the silver Altima at the gun store. I've been so perplexed by the person turning the car lights on & off. Then it hit me that maybe that's not the person's car. Maybe it's a solen or borrowed car -- one that they are unfamiliar with driving. Remember, it was raining that night. Thinking about my own experiences, I have mostly owned Japanese made cars -- Nissan, Mazda & Hondas. The windshield wipers are all pretty much in the same location. When I get in my husband's American made car though, I am always hitting the wrong thing to turn the wipers on/off. So perhaps that's the case with the person driving the Altima. They're trying to adjust the wipers, but they hit the lights instead. Just a thought. Sorry if this has already been offered.

I am so late to this case. I live in Nashville and really had not heard about it until last week. I've spent the past day or so reading everything I can get my hands on regarding this case. Even so, there is a LOT that I do not know yet. Please forgive if my thoughts on this have already been suggested.

I watched the video of the silver Altima at the gun store. I've been so perplexed by the person turning the car lights on & off. Then it hit me that maybe that's not the person's car. Maybe it's a solen or borrowed car -- one that they are unfamiliar with driving. Remember, it was raining that night. Thinking about my own experiences, I have mostly owned Japanese made cars -- Nissan, Mazda & Hondas. The windshield wipers are all pretty much in the same location. When I get in my husband's American made car though, I am always hitting the wrong thing to turn the wipers on/off. So perhaps that's the case with the person driving the Altima. They're trying to adjust the wipers, but they hit the lights instead. Just a thought. Sorry if this has already been offered.
This is an interesting thought that may have some merit.

There was one person who's name came up, who's allegedly had insurance on a car that matched the description of the Altima at that time. This person claims the car was their mother's and this person claims to not have permission to drive it. This person also had a badly hurt foot and a condition that caused them to walk imbalanced.

This is an interesting thought that may have some merit.

There was one person who's name came up, who's allegedly had insurance on a car that matched the description of the Altima at that time. This person claims the car was their mother's and this person claims to not have permission to drive it. This person also had a badly hurt foot and a condition that caused them to walk imbalanced.
MSM source or is this a rumor you read somewhere?

MSM source or is this a rumor you read somewhere?
Valid question!

Sources:

Valid question!

Sources:

I had to weed through all that to see it was a woman who was cleared of possible involvement, after she herself went to the police to complain about being hounded by out-of-control internet sleuths, who found her mother owned a Nissan, a very common car. Before the car information was known, they had already accused her of being involved and cited her suspicious facial expressions as evidence.

Really don't want to paraphrase Joseph Scott Morgan, but he brought up some unique perspectives — here's 1: the weight of the tactical gear -- its heavy tactical gear - is it causing the person to walk an abnormal way -- not their normal gait as shown in the video? Worth a listen - moo

Really don't want to paraphrase Joseph Scott Morgan, but he brought up some unique perspectives — here's 1: the weight of the tactical gear -- its heavy tactical gear - is it causing the person to walk an abnormal way -- not their normal gait as shown in the video? Worth a listen - moo

It sounds like he doesn't believe a gun was used to kill Missy. He mentioned the hammer and this is the first time I've heard someone suggest a screw driver being a possible murder weapon.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back