TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning everyone. Exactly 4 weeks ago Missy and her killer were both preparing to go to the church. 4 weeks is a long time for a killer to be walking the streets. Hoping today's the day something more positive happens.

By law, the arrest and the indictment can be sequenced either way, and in practice as well. My expectation - an educated guess - is that the arrest in this case is most likely to come before they convene a grand jury, not after. (And, to be clear, it's a mistake to imagine that "hearing no news and no arrest yet" has anything to do with LE waiting on an indictment before proceeding further.)

Oh I never thought that. I think they are working hard on their case. JMHO they may go to a Grand Jury as a good measure considering how many agencies involved as like the article said Especially depending on types of evidence they have.. good test... of people in the area. I wondering on change of venue request. How often do those happen around there? I think they are pretty rare around my area. Just off top of my head. Do you think a Private Attorney will take the case? Guess we better wait on an arrest before thinking about this stuff. Thanks for your help

Is the gym guy the only one who has said she hadn't been at the gym over the past few weeks before her death? I wonder if he is the only one who knew this. What was she doing if she wasn't there?

I wonder if all the staff at the church have been interviewed by LE? There really could be a large pool of suspects besides the original SW names. Church staff included.

Good morning everyone. Exactly 4 weeks ago Missy and her killer were both preparing to go to the church. 4 weeks is a long time for a killer to be walking the streets. Hoping today's the day something more positive happens.

4 weeks is a long time to us, but not to LE. Not for a crime that has been committed by an intelligent killer who planned it all out in advance.

For example, the murders up in Ohio. Those were committed within days of the MB murder. 8 deaths in 4 different locations. Surveillance cameras in at least two of those locations. But like with the MB case, there have been no arrests.

And here is just one example from a Dateline case I saw last night. Sheila Davalloo killed a woman named Anna Lisa Raymundo in 2002. Sheila was an intelligent, college-educated biochemist who was well-liked by everyone. It took authorities 5 years to arrest her for the crime. This despite having already been arrested and convicted for the attempted murder of her husband.

LE doesn't operate on the same timeline that the public does. They play the long game. And with the high profile nature of this case, they won't make an arrest until they feel they have an airtight case. That depends on just how careful the killer was. JMHO

Oh I never thought that. I think they are working hard on their case. JMHO they may go to a Grand Jury as a good measure considering how many agencies involved as like the article said Especially depending on types of evidence they have.. good test... of people in the area. I wondering on change of venue request. How often do those happen around there? I think they are pretty rare around my area. Just off top of my head. Do you think a Private Attorney will take the case? Guess we better wait on an arrest before thinking about this stuff. Thanks for your help

Here in Texas, I don't believe changes of venue happen very often. Case in point, the Thomas Dixon case in Lubbock. He was a plastic surgeon who had someone kill his girlfriend. Very high profile with lots of lurid details, and Lubbock is not a very large city but Dixon went through not just one but two different trials and they didn't move the venue in either case.

Attention Websleuths Members

CT has made her Facebook page private.

We must respect CT's privacy.

All discussion of CT's Facebook page is now off limits.

Thank you,
Tricia

Good!

Thank you for the heads-up.

Taking screenshot with my reply ... as a reminder :)

This still frame from the video is where the perp is walking down the corridor running their hand along the wall. When they get to the end of the corridor, they seem to be on the verge of peering around the corner just as it switches to different footage.

This reminds me of sneaking down the hallway at night trying not to wake anyone. I feel it is possible that the perp has heard Missy's car driving through the car park and is trying to discreetly peak to make sure it is her and not someone else before getting into position.

74c1a8b0de810d826011b2efc4f284c1.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

With K9 dogs, seems a gun may have been used. This may have sped up psychopath SwatPerp's 'time' or window of opportunity. LE have said little. My guess is, they'd not have sent in those dogs if there was not a valid reason to do so. Fact? We simply do not know. If true, seems anyone waiting outside, and/or arriving early enough, may have heard. Was the "SaranWrap" a silencer after all? Or was it an object designed to keep a (push-bar) door open to aid an escape? We just don't know.

Here in Texas, I don't believe changes of venue happen very often. Case in point, the Thomas Dixon case in Lubbock. He was a plastic surgeon who had someone kill his girlfriend. Very high profile with lots of lurid details, and Lubbock is not a very large city but Dixon went through not just one but two different trials and they didn't move the venue in either case.

Thomas Dixon hired someone to kill Joseph Sonnier, a pathologist who was dating Dixon's ex-girlfriend. The ex-girlfriend wasn't killed. http://www.newschannel10.com/story/19064578/slain-texas-doctors-family-knew-about-problems

This still frame from the video is where the perp is walking down the corridor running their hand along the wall. When they get to the end of the corridor, they seem to be on the verge of peering around the corner just as it switches to different footage.

This reminds me of sneaking down the hallway at night trying not to wake anyone. I feel it is possible that the perp has heard Missy's car driving through the car park and is trying to discreetly peak to make sure it is her and not someone else before getting into position.

74c1a8b0de810d826011b2efc4f284c1.jpg

Nice thought! Be interested to know if you think/wonder if there may have been more than one perp involved *that morning*, limaes?

Nice thought! Be interested to know if you think/wonder if there may have been more than one perp involved *that morning*, limaes?
Do you mean two perps at the church? Or one at another location?

If CT had a gun and a silencer why go through all that work and time to break into the church?

I had to catch up today and I just read this whole thread. Some thoughts as I was reading:

LE needs more "proof" than a FB post to verify someone's alibi. I'm sure by the end of Day 1, they knew where RB
was or was not.

Hundreds of thousands of people, young and old, male and female, walk like RB. If someone has a preconceived notion that RB is the killer, of course they'll see him in the SWATPERP's walk! Like Montjoy pointed out, it's called Confirmation Bias.

People that don't believe RB or BB are involved in this don't have a "closed mind". We are simply respecting the facts that we have so far and complying with WS TOS.

More often than not, LE will NOT come out publicly and clear anyone until they have someone in custody. One of the main reasons they DO "clear" anyone is to put pressure on the real perpetrator.

Women with hammers and other deadly tools do not need Hulk-like strength to kill someone. SMH

Not all women are delicate, weak, helpless little flowers. LOL

Nobody can sue LE because they didn't publicly come and and clear them. It's not LE's fault that people are all over SM speculating on several people's involvement. They have zero obligation to publicly say anything to anyone.

I'm not sure why people keep saying this killer is soooo intelligent. It doesn't take intelligence to bludgeon someone to death while wearing a costume and leave the scene.
Ottis Toole was a complete moron, with an IQ in the low 70's and it took a while before he was caught.

Hoping we get some kind of news today. An arrest would be nice.

I hope they have some evidence that we don't know about. A key piece that can really tie them to a person and not just an idea. The fact that they are making reconstructions of the scene, tells me that they don't have much to go on. Evidence like that is helpful for conviction. A reconstruction tells a lot of things but is it going to reveal tangible evidence for locating a person? Even cleaning up that video with high tech tools will not give you enough evidence to knock on someone's door. I think to all the grainy videos we see in court and many of them have NOT been cleaned up to reveal something we all could not see before. I am not saying it is not useful. I am just saying its not the type of evidence you put before a judge to obtain a warrant.
Pouring over the phone records and triangulating all the calls from the cell tower dump will shed a light on who might have been in the area, but that is IF the perp had a cell phone on them or made any contact in the time leading up to the murder.

Thomas Dixon hired someone to kill Joseph Sonnier, a pathologist who was dating Dixon's ex-girlfriend. The ex-girlfriend wasn't killed. http://www.newschannel10.com/story/19064578/slain-texas-doctors-family-knew-about-problems

Yes, you're right. It's early in the morning and I'm only half-awake. It was a love triangle and he didn't have the GF killed - it was her new love interest. I misspoke, sorry about that.

But you can imagine how high profile it was - one doctor has another killed over a woman. And still no venue change.

At the church. Day of murder. :)
I think the perp was alone inside the church going by what we know. There is 15 x more footage that we're not privy to. LE seem pretty full on about phone evidence so I do wonder if they seen the perp on video using a phone. For example, as they're hightailing it out, they're calling/messaging another person or they called someone prior to her arrival.

I do think church perp had help at least with the planning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member