TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if LE had the plate number they would have already talked to this person and neighbers/friends of that person. I think this was a random crime, a break and enter gone wrong. Who would have thought a woman would come into the church at 5AM? Not everyone knows about those workouts.

We all talked about this at length yesterday/last night. I originally felt the way you do, but had my mind changed by some of the posters on here. LE likely (IMO) knows the license plate number and owner/driver of the vehicle already, but by releasing this image, they encourage this person to come forward of their own volition. If they dragged them in, or approached them first, this person may be on the defensive, may lawyer up, may flee out of fear of being a suspect. By releasing the photo and stressing that this person is not a suspect or POI, this person may feel comfortable talking to LEO.

My latest theory is that it is a woman (height given by LE) and that she too wanted to be a successful fitness instructor but MB was taking away her potential clients, was jealous, and lost it!

:thinking: Having just gone back and updated my running timeline... I think some that are following this case, here or elsewhere 24/7 do not realize that the Video Reconstruction team, just went and gathered that info last Friday, May 13... and MPD gave an Update yesterday Friday May 20. I also think it was a wise decision (expert witness, Tarrant County DA) as this is something that will be challenged, no doubt by a future def attorney. JMHO along with the FBI, I feel without a doubt they have a lot of info from this crime scene. Just not enough for an arrest or even enough to identify the Suspect yet. But they have evidence building their case.

May 13, 2016
"Police said The Tarrant County District Attorney’s office has completed a reconstruction of video evidence, which gives a more specific physical description of the killer. They would not comment on what specifically they saw." http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/05/13/...es-better-description-of-missy-bevers-killer/

Thank you but it could be even more than that. Marriages are complicated & the operations daily under varying "rules" are variable. I am not judging; but I am aware that some marriages are less than traditional in how they function. That's cool.
But there can be fallout from that style of marriage because it involves variables that may not be apparent.

That's one reason (amongst many) that I lead a simple, married life but to each his own. Que sera!

Agreed. IMO a violent murder so impeccably planned is a result of more than jealousy. The motive could be revenge/vendetta for having been "wronged," as you've stated, or perhaps this perp is just crazy and/or desperate enough to execute a hit. I'm not sure what I think at this point; however, just because this perp may be a woman, I don't think anyone should assume she did it because she was jealous or couldn't have done it because she has children, etc., etc. Maybe someone knew just where to look for someone who, for whatever reason, would be able and willing to commit this horrific crime.

A couple of members have posted that MB was moving her CoC camp to somewhere else. I have looked (not hard yet) but so far haven't seen that info. Could someone give me a link or at least a direction as to where that was public knowledge. Thanks.

Also, I wonder if MB campers just went to other camps. I gather from a member here that they can go to any class, so I guessing is not a big issue of moving people around. Thanks again,

it does sound like he/they were looking to break into that gun store. jmo

But if you're a burglar and you pull into the gun store lot to break in, then what would make you change your mind to target the church next door instead? Surveillance? (Wouldn't you assume or already know by casing it out that that would be there?)

And if they shied away from robbing the gunstore due to deciding there was too much surveillance, why would they then pull into the lot next door (after already suspiciously appearing on camera at 2 AM at the gun store) - a church lot which also had a sign stating video surveillance (whether true or not)? Since they've just been captured next door on surveillance in that remote area and unlikely time of night, seems even an inexperienced robber would know that's not a good back up plan.

Not to mention, the expected haul would not be comparable to even an optimistic robber.

Whoever spent at least 20-30 minutes (JMO and estimation after talking with builder expert) jimmying the panic hardware off that door was very, very determined to get into that church that night. Very, very motivated. And yet, if this is just your random burglar, it seems an amazing amount of effort for very dubious reward. Most they'd find in a church would be maybe a computer or two in the church office...and possibly a safe with Sunday's offering (which these days would contain very little outright cash, even if they did know how to crack it). ETA - and yes, maybe some AV equipment. But that's a lot of large stuff for a one-man job (and a man who also doesn't seem interested in stacking up that stuff at an exit).

I think Swatperp was extraordinarily motivated and angry...undeterred, and on a mission that was far more important to him than burglarizing a church office. I still believe this was a targeted, silencing hit. Multiple head and chest wounds..."puncture wounds"...that's a kill by someone who wanted her dead, not someone who was running away from a robbery. Upthread someone stated that gunshot wounds are technically considered 'puncture wounds.' Reference to the tools found near her body does not mean that another weapon wasn't also used. One which might interest a gun-residue sniffing dog.

(JMO, IMO...)

"Who buys them? According to J.D. Power research, compared with the midsize car segment as a whole, Altima buyers are more often female, more often members of Gen X[1], and are less affluent. They identify as “Price Buyers” to a greater extent, and are more likely to view a vehicle as just a way of getting from place to place. Otherwise, Altima buyer demographics align with the general composite of a midsize car buyer."

Also, that square thing lit up in the front seat might be a GPS. They should run a triangulation or check with GPS providers and see if they can get a list of all active devices from 2-5am on 4/18.

Has it been reported if the car lights remained on the entire time it was at the gun store, or were they turned off at some point?

But if you're a burglar and you pull into the gun store lot to break in, then what would make you change your mind to target the church next door instead? Surveillance? (Wouldn't you assume or already know by casing it out that that would be there?)

And if they shied away from robbing the gunstore due to deciding there was too much surveillance, why would they then pull into the lot next door (after already suspiciously appearing on camera at 2 AM at the gun store) - a church lot which also had a sign stating video surveillance (whether true or not)? Since they've just been captured next door on surveillance in that remote area and unlikely time of night, seems even an inexperienced robber would know that's not a good back up plan.

Not to mention, the expected haul would not be comparable to even an optimistic robber.

Whoever spent at least 20-30 minutes (JMO and estimation after talking with builder expert) jimmying the panic hardware off that door was very, very determined to get into that church that night. Very, very motivated. And yet, if this is just your random burglar, it seems an amazing amount of effort for very dubious reward. Most they'd find in a church would be maybe a computer or two in the church office...and possibly a safe with Sunday's offering (which these days would contain very little outright cash, even if they did know how to crack it).

I think Swatperp was extraordinarily motivated and angry...undeterred, and on a mission that was far more important to him than burglarizing a church office. I still believe this was a targeted, silencing hit.

all good points :)

"Who buys them? According to J.D. Power research, compared with the midsize car segment as a whole, Altima buyers are more often female, more often members of Gen X[1], and are less affluent. They identify as “Price Buyers” to a greater extent, and are more likely to view a vehicle as just a way of getting from place to place. Otherwise, Altima buyer demographics align with the general composite of a midsize car buyer."

Also, that square thing lit up in the front seat might be a GPS. They should run a triangulation or check with GPS providers and see if they can get a list of all active devices from 2-5am on 4/18.

Has it been reported whether or not the lights remained on the entire time the car was there, or were they turned off at some point? TIA

Just catching up on the disappointing news :( my thoughts 1) I’m not familiar with police work and I do believe they are working hard, but it seems kind of premature to me to clear family, friends, co-workers as I imagine those categories include a fair amount of people and 2) related to that, when they say “not suspect(s)” do they mean as not being the actual murderer or of having any involvement? I would think it’s the latter but if you don’t have a suspect can you really say that many people weren’t involved at all? How can you be so sure?
It’s boggling because they believe she was targeted, yet the people closest to her have been eliminated so who does that leave left and why…..

Also, has anyone been able to identify the brick wall the Altima is parked in front of in the released pictures? It would be interesting to know whether that area was at the back of SWFA or in the front where it could be easily seen from the highway. Was the driver trying to conceal himself from the road, or was he trying to hide those "few minutes"

A couple of members have posted that MB was moving her CoC camp to somewhere else. I have looked (not hard yet) but so far haven't seen that info. Could someone give me a link or at least a direction as to where that was public knowledge. Thanks.

Also, I wonder if MB campers just went to other camps. I gather from a member here that they can go to any class, so I guessing is not a big issue of moving people around. Thanks again,

This was mentioned and discussed very early. It * may* have come from someone who lives locally. Not sure who first sourced it, I suppose it could have come from family or LE. If not from LE, it is only a **rumor** I have been trying to find the source, and also trying to find the post which actually mentioned where the new location was going to be. Will keep looking...

Now what would you rob first?

A gun store with the merchandise right there. Or a church for AV equipment.

Me personally? I would go for the church A/V equipment. Much easier and safer. No burglar alarm, just break in, take my time rounding up the valuables, and then slip away into the night. Nobody would even know about it until morning, unless of course a Gladiator instructor shows up at 4AM to prepare for an early morning class. But I wouldn’t be expecting that to happen.

Now if I was the leader of a gang, and had some heavy equipment, then I would choose the gun store. I would ram a heavy vehicle through the front door, then send about 10 guys inside to grab as many guns as possible, then get away within three minutes before the first cops arrive. But I would never do that by myself. That would be crazy.

Either way, I'd cover up my face, and the faces of my accomplices, to avoid being identified from security videos.

I think if LE had the plate number they would have already talked to this person and neighbers/friends of that person. I think this was a random crime, a break and enter gone wrong. Who would have thought a woman would come into the church at 5AM? Not everyone knows about those workouts.

Yeah, but people could have started coming 7 ish (that's when my earliest co-workers start rolling in. And we have like half an hour of video of them walking around making no movement or attempt to start taking things, looking for things (at least not in anything that's been released.) I see no evidence of a burglary. I don't think you unnecessarily loiter around somewhere, wearing a police uniform (ie, committing a felony), waiting for...? I'm pretty convinced this is targeted.

So what was the verdict on CT. Is she considered "family or co-workers?" and cleared? Tricky wording by LE (cause technically she is neither.)? The height was moved down to match her better.

So how does the expert on NG say that they can target the perp within an inch (without a doubt) and LE comes back with a 5 inch range. Which, statistically consists of somewhere around 40% of the US population.

It sounds to me like they took a lot of time and manpower clearing everyone, one by one.

NOW. They either are smart and playing it close to the vest, a cat and mouse game with both the perp and public. OR they've been outmaneuvered and 6 months from now we'll start putting files into boxes and writing "cold case" on it, waiting for a slip up (which sometimes does happen).

I think it's time for some fund raising (there's quite a bit of $ around the area. And raise the reward to substantial ($100K?) Unless they've got someone already and are just waiting for something.

Just catching up on the disappointing news :( my thoughts 1) I’m not familiar with police work and I do believe they are working hard, but it seems kind of premature to me to clear family, friends, co-workers as I imagine those categories include a fair amount of people and 2) related to that, when they say “not suspect(s)” do they mean as not being the actual murderer or of having any involvement? I would think it’s the latter but if you don’t have a suspect can you really say that many people weren’t involved at all? How can you be so sure?
It’s boggling because they believe she was targeted, yet the people closest to her have been eliminated so who does that leave left and why…..

There were family members and friends on the list, BUT not everyone listed was a friend or family member.

I am sure this has been commented on already, but why would someone up to "no good" pull into the drive way of a business that is covered up with cameras? Doesn't make sense. Unless it was to see where the cameras were and if any pointed towards the church. IMO.

This would make sense to me if the killing was not so brutal. The perp was wearing an elaborate costume and could not have been identified, so if Missy stumbled upon a burglary, all they needed to do was subdue her and leave, not destroy her face and chest with the claw end of a hammer. This was way too personal, IMHO.

Also, has anyone been able to identify the brick wall the Altima is parked in front of in the released pictures? It would be interesting to know whether that area was at the back of SWFA or in the front where it could be easily seen from the highway. Was the driver trying to conceal himself from the road, or was he trying to hide those "few minutes"

JMO but i don't see a brick wall in the picture of the nissian. What i see is a shadow of the end of the driveway that leads to the divided highway. If you look closely you can even see the white edge lines of the divided highway in front of the shadow that is in front of the car. JMO

I am sure this has been commented on already, but why would someone up to "no good" pull into the drive way of a business that is covered up with cameras? Doesn't make sense. Unless it was to see where the cameras were and if any pointed towards the church. IMO.

Or they dropped their phone under the seat and we're trying to find it under good lighting?

Because in moo, there is a jealousy, behavioral component to the motive for this murder since we now know the height of the perp (short). Women committing horrific murders have a different level of motivations but take that as a moo only.
In my opinion, it was easy to be jealous of MB--she was sexy, fit, positive, energetic. I'm sure she made the guy's heads turn. Any female that is mousey or frumpy may (or may not feel intimidated or threatened). I'd like to think the world isn't that shallow, but baby it is!

And also this BUT I'll preface it by saying I have no first hand info & I am not local BUT from what I know about "open" marriages is this: the spouse may be cool with it but that doesn't necessarily mean the spouses of are cool with it if you get what I mean.

All moo.

I agree. A "perceived" slight could start a snowball of anger and resentment that Missy may have no idea was happening.

With the height change I am again leaning towards the perp being a female..and also in the video where the left hand looks ungloved
I noticed the way the hand is kind of lifted while walking rather than just hanging along side the body. Something about that movement
looked more feminine to me.

I'll also add, the AC Kevin Johnson looked really tired when I started the presser. It was the first thing I noticed. I have no doubts many lost
hours of sleep have been had. We have several friends in LE and I can tell you these types of cases stay with them after quitting time.
I do hope they can make an arrest soon. For Missy's family and the families of all the LE peeps working on the case as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado